Leaving a direct link to your blog in your comments!

February 21, 2011

Leaving a direct link to your blog in your comments!

February 21, 2011

I think you’ll like this one…I know I do!

You know how many of us leave our blog links in our comments to others? But they aren’t live links so you have to do the cut and paste thingy to see someone’s blog?

Well, this will help to make a live link back to your blog, which would be so wonderful! I mean, I just love finding new blogs…and I know you do too!

Here’s what you do (it’s very easy):

At the end of your comment, type the following code…

*Note: I had to leave some spaces so it wouldn’t automatically make a live link…you should have NO spaces, except after the “a” in “a href”.

So mine looks like this:

Once you hit “Post Comment”, it will show as a live link back to your blog!!!

How cool is that?!? I made an example below in my comments section…never thought I would comment to myself before…

• Ladybug Teacher February 21, 2011 at 3:08 am

Yay! A direct link rocks!

Ladybug's Teacher Files

• Mrs. Saoud February 21, 2011 at 3:09 am

Much Love for this Post 🙂

Cheryl
    Mrs. Saoud's Class

• sailingintofirstgrade February 21, 2011 at 3:19 am

Thanks for the tip! Love it! Mrs. Saylor’s Log I also LOVE your blog! It is so helpful!

• Kathy Law February 21, 2011 at 3:23 am

THANKS for the tip! I am trying it out

Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

• Teacher Gone Digital February 21, 2011 at 3:43 am

Thanks! This is wonderful!
    Teacher Gone Digital

• Ms. Morgart February 21, 2011 at 3:44 am

lol…I need tutoring! Thanks for the great idea!

curlsandasmile

• KindergartenWorks February 21, 2011 at 4:18 am

Sweet! I had no clue that code would work in a comments section! Thanks for sharing! How fun! KindergartenWorks

• Katie Smith February 21, 2011 at 4:59 am

This is cool! I wonder if mine will work….I usually have to try things more than once! lol
    First Is A Fairytale

• luv2teachmath February 21, 2011 at 5:00 am

I'm trying it out as well. Thanks for the tip and I love your blogs!
    Wild About 2nd Grade

• Hadar February 21, 2011 at 8:06 am

I LOVE that you posted this bc I seriously felt dumb trying to figure it out on the Teachers Talk website! thanks love!

Outfitted and Inspired

• stephaniekelly03 February 21, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing 🙂

MrsKellysKindergarten

• Jonelle Bell February 21, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I love learning something new!! Thanks!!

A Place Called Kindergarten

• Hi, I'm Harmony February 22, 2011 at 12:10 am

Worked like a CHARM! Thanks 🙂

~Mrs. Beck

Mrs. Beck's Got Class

• Anonymous February 22, 2011 at 1:14 am

Thanks for more fun blog help! Yay!! It works!! 🙂 P.S.-still can't figure out that fun signature idea you posted awhile back…but I'll keep trying! 🙂

MorningSunFirstGrade

• Pirate Princess February 22, 2011 at 6:09 am

Thanks for this post. I got the signature to work but this one is a bit tough. Will keep trying.

• Pirate Princess February 22, 2011 at 6:17 am

Finally got it to work. It must be getting late. Thanks again.
    teachlearnlaugh

• Mrs. Lutton February 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I think I have the hang of it!!
    Thanks so very much!!

Julie

Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

• B. Roper February 22, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Thanks for all your tips!!

Really Roper

• Mrs.Thompson February 23, 2011 at 12:12 am

Thanks! I'm going to test it out below 🙂

Adventures in Teaching

• Gladys February 27, 2011 at 2:17 pm

How cool! I need to test it…

-Gladys
    Once Upon a Time in First Grade

• Emily March 9, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I just wanted to test it out….
    Emily @ Playground Duty

• Mary March 28, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Ok trying this one out…
    My Teaching Spirit

Thanks for the tutorial!

• Misty April 3, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Thanks for the great tip!!
    milestonesoutofmoments

• Brenda April 4, 2011 at 4:07 am

I am giving it a try!
    Primary Inspired

• Tamara L. Chilver April 12, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Hey Kristen! You should repost this to the TBA site. This would help out so many people when making comments. :o)

• Tamara L. Chilver April 12, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Quick question- Do you have to retype it each time you comment or is there a way to save it?

• Kelley April 16, 2011 at 1:45 am

Just testing this out! Thanks,

Kelley-3rd grade
    <a href="http://randalllearninglibrary.blogspot.com/>Mrs. Randall's Learning Library</a>

• Kelley April 16, 2011 at 1:47 am

Hmmm, I messed it up. Let's try again!
    Kelley-3rd grade
    Mrs. Randall's Learning Library

• Booky4First May 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Try, try, trying!

Booky4First

• Samantha May 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm
  • Miss. Paxson June 30, 2011 at 2:35 am

Thanks for the wonderful tutorials!!

Now I'm practicing!!

Kindergarten Is A Jungle

• Sandra Guntorius July 11, 2011 at 12:46 am

Think I got it, thanks.

• Jackie and Danielle July 16, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Thanks so much for these awesome tutorials!! Hope our link works. =)
    -Jackie and Danielle-
    Sister Teachers

• Megan January 1, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Let's do it again!

Mrs Redshaws Kinder Madness

• Ms. Wainwright January 22, 2012 at 5:24 am
  • Theresa April 6, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Awesome! I've been wondering how to do this! Let's give it a try:
    Theresa’s Mixed Nuts

• Ms. Wainwright April 30, 2012 at 2:08 am
  • Brian Hopkins May 28, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Let's try again, thanks so much!!!

Brian
    Hopkins'Hoppin'Happenings

• Sophia June 8, 2012 at 2:38 am

I'm going to be so excited if this works!

HowCuteIsThis

• Anonymous June 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Thank you! This is great!!

Brianne

From Behind the Lavender Door

• Jane July 6, 2012 at 2:42 am

Hi! I'm trying your awesome tip! I love your blog – hope you'll check me out at:

Learning in the Little Apple

Thanks! Jane

• Jane July 6, 2012 at 2:50 am

Not sure why – but my link in the post above goes back to your site (at least from my computer) – very strange, especially since I put in my blog. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Jane

Learning in the Little Apple

• Ms. Mel July 9, 2012 at 12:05 am

Love this tutorial! How simple, and yet it will make things much easier to check out everyone's blogs!

Thanks!
    Mel

Teaching With Ms. Mel

• The Bubblegum Tree July 13, 2012 at 3:08 am

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower 🙂

Bethany
    The Bubblegum Tree

• Kristen February 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Leaving a direct link is a great way to bring new friends to your blog!
    Ladybug's Teacher Files

• Kristen February 17, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Leaving a direct link is a great way to bring new friends to your blog!
    Ladybug's Teacher Files

• Cindy Revuelto March 24, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Thank you so much! I love all of your tutorials.

First Grade A to Z

• Sarah Mackey May 29, 2013 at 3:32 am

O.K. third times a charm!!

MackeysClassroom

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram