Leaving a direct link to your blog in your comments!

February 21, 2011

Leaving a direct link to your blog in your comments!

February 21, 2011

I think you’ll like this one…I know I do!

You know how many of us leave our blog links in our comments to others? But they aren’t live links so you have to do the cut and paste thingy to see someone’s blog?

Well, this will help to make a live link back to your blog, which would be so wonderful! I mean, I just love finding new blogs…and I know you do too!

Here’s what you do (it’s very easy):

At the end of your comment, type the following code…

*Note: I had to leave some spaces so it wouldn’t automatically make a live link…you should have NO spaces, except after the “a” in “a href”.

So mine looks like this:

Once you hit “Post Comment”, it will show as a live link back to your blog!!!

How cool is that?!? I made an example below in my comments section…never thought I would comment to myself before…

• Ladybug Teacher February 21, 2011 at 3:08 am

Yay! A direct link rocks!

Ladybug's Teacher Files

• Mrs. Saoud February 21, 2011 at 3:09 am

Much Love for this Post 🙂

Cheryl
    Mrs. Saoud's Class

• sailingintofirstgrade February 21, 2011 at 3:19 am

Thanks for the tip! Love it! Mrs. Saylor’s Log I also LOVE your blog! It is so helpful!

• Kathy Law February 21, 2011 at 3:23 am

THANKS for the tip! I am trying it out

Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

• Teacher Gone Digital February 21, 2011 at 3:43 am

Thanks! This is wonderful!
    Teacher Gone Digital

• Ms. Morgart February 21, 2011 at 3:44 am

lol…I need tutoring! Thanks for the great idea!

curlsandasmile

• KindergartenWorks February 21, 2011 at 4:18 am

Sweet! I had no clue that code would work in a comments section! Thanks for sharing! How fun! KindergartenWorks

• Katie Smith February 21, 2011 at 4:59 am

This is cool! I wonder if mine will work….I usually have to try things more than once! lol
    First Is A Fairytale

• luv2teachmath February 21, 2011 at 5:00 am

I'm trying it out as well. Thanks for the tip and I love your blogs!
    Wild About 2nd Grade

• Hadar February 21, 2011 at 8:06 am

I LOVE that you posted this bc I seriously felt dumb trying to figure it out on the Teachers Talk website! thanks love!

Outfitted and Inspired

• stephaniekelly03 February 21, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing 🙂

MrsKellysKindergarten

• Jonelle Bell February 21, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I love learning something new!! Thanks!!

A Place Called Kindergarten

• Hi, I'm Harmony February 22, 2011 at 12:10 am

Worked like a CHARM! Thanks 🙂

~Mrs. Beck

Mrs. Beck's Got Class

• Anonymous February 22, 2011 at 1:14 am

Thanks for more fun blog help! Yay!! It works!! 🙂 P.S.-still can't figure out that fun signature idea you posted awhile back…but I'll keep trying! 🙂

MorningSunFirstGrade

• Pirate Princess February 22, 2011 at 6:09 am

Thanks for this post. I got the signature to work but this one is a bit tough. Will keep trying.

• Pirate Princess February 22, 2011 at 6:17 am

Finally got it to work. It must be getting late. Thanks again.
    teachlearnlaugh

• Mrs. Lutton February 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I think I have the hang of it!!
    Thanks so very much!!

Julie

Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

• B. Roper February 22, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Thanks for all your tips!!

Really Roper

• Mrs.Thompson February 23, 2011 at 12:12 am

Thanks! I'm going to test it out below 🙂

Adventures in Teaching

• Gladys February 27, 2011 at 2:17 pm

How cool! I need to test it…

-Gladys
    Once Upon a Time in First Grade

• Emily March 9, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I just wanted to test it out….
    Emily @ Playground Duty

• Mary March 28, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Ok trying this one out…
    My Teaching Spirit

Thanks for the tutorial!

• Misty April 3, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Thanks for the great tip!!
    milestonesoutofmoments

• Brenda April 4, 2011 at 4:07 am

I am giving it a try!
    Primary Inspired

• Tamara L. Chilver April 12, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Hey Kristen! You should repost this to the TBA site. This would help out so many people when making comments. :o)

• Tamara L. Chilver April 12, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Quick question- Do you have to retype it each time you comment or is there a way to save it?

• Kelley April 16, 2011 at 1:45 am

Just testing this out! Thanks,

Kelley-3rd grade
    <a href="http://randalllearninglibrary.blogspot.com/>Mrs. Randall's Learning Library</a>

• Kelley April 16, 2011 at 1:47 am

Hmmm, I messed it up. Let's try again!
    Kelley-3rd grade
    Mrs. Randall's Learning Library

• Booky4First May 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Try, try, trying!

Booky4First

• Samantha May 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm
  • Miss. Paxson June 30, 2011 at 2:35 am

Thanks for the wonderful tutorials!!

Now I'm practicing!!

Kindergarten Is A Jungle

• Sandra Guntorius July 11, 2011 at 12:46 am

Think I got it, thanks.

• Jackie and Danielle July 16, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Thanks so much for these awesome tutorials!! Hope our link works. =)
    -Jackie and Danielle-
    Sister Teachers

• Megan January 1, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Let's do it again!

Mrs Redshaws Kinder Madness

• Ms. Wainwright January 22, 2012 at 5:24 am
  • Theresa April 6, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Awesome! I've been wondering how to do this! Let's give it a try:
    Theresa’s Mixed Nuts

• Ms. Wainwright April 30, 2012 at 2:08 am
  • Brian Hopkins May 28, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Let's try again, thanks so much!!!

Brian
    Hopkins'Hoppin'Happenings

• Sophia June 8, 2012 at 2:38 am

I'm going to be so excited if this works!

HowCuteIsThis

• Anonymous June 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Thank you! This is great!!

Brianne

From Behind the Lavender Door

• Jane July 6, 2012 at 2:42 am

Hi! I'm trying your awesome tip! I love your blog – hope you'll check me out at:

Learning in the Little Apple

Thanks! Jane

• Jane July 6, 2012 at 2:50 am

Not sure why – but my link in the post above goes back to your site (at least from my computer) – very strange, especially since I put in my blog. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Jane

Learning in the Little Apple

• Ms. Mel July 9, 2012 at 12:05 am

Love this tutorial! How simple, and yet it will make things much easier to check out everyone's blogs!

Thanks!
    Mel

Teaching With Ms. Mel

• The Bubblegum Tree July 13, 2012 at 3:08 am

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower 🙂

Bethany
    The Bubblegum Tree

• Kristen February 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Leaving a direct link is a great way to bring new friends to your blog!
    Ladybug's Teacher Files

• Kristen February 17, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Leaving a direct link is a great way to bring new friends to your blog!
    Ladybug's Teacher Files

• Cindy Revuelto March 24, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Thank you so much! I love all of your tutorials.

First Grade A to Z

• Sarah Mackey May 29, 2013 at 3:32 am

O.K. third times a charm!!

MackeysClassroom

• Do you and your colleagues use a team drive in school?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My teammate set one up for us last year and it is the best! We can store all of our standards, assessments, field trip forms, lesson ideas...so many things to keep us all on track.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The only part I don’t love?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀There’s no option to color code folders the way you can in your personal google drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But...there is a different way to make the folders stand out and easy to find! I just added an emoji to each one to make everything a little more visual.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It’s really easy to do and it adds a little pop of color to make those gray folders easier to navigate! I put the link to an emoji site in my profile, in case you’d like to try this on your computer (https://emojipedia.org).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Sharing some google fonts that would make awesome titles for different units!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The name for each font is in parentheses. To add the fonts to your docs and slides go to font, choose “more fonts...”, type in the name of the font you would like, select it, and then click ok!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Would you like to find more fun google fonts? If you go to the google fonts site you can search over 900 different fonts for your drive! I added the link to the site in my profile if you’d like to try it out (https://fonts.google.com).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorite fonts for titles in google? Mine is Oswald Bold!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googlefonts #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Using Google Slides for field trip groups this week!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is was one of those 🤦‍♀️ moments for me this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀In the past, I would ALWAYS fly into work on the day of a field trip and frantically write chaperone names and student groups on the whiteboard...while thinking of all the other things I had to do that morning before we left. Very stressful.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This year, I started setting up a Google slide with my chaperone names and student groups the night before. I just add a little photo of our destination for interest, then make squares for “sticky notes” with all of the group information.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This saves so much time on the morning of the field trip...I just turn on the tv and display the slide for my students (and parents!) as they come into class. It frees me up for other last minute details I need to do before we leave...and it spares my chaperones from my awful writing on the board!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Slightly related: the second pic is our destination this week and it is usually a blast to see my city kids in the forest!! But it’s supposed to be 36 degrees and raining that day, uggghhhhh.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀How do you like to organize your field trips? Do you have any tips we can learn from you?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #googleslides #googledrive #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Mother’s Day trinket trays!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This was such a fun and easy project! I found several tutorials on Pinterest for this craft. We used mason jar lids (two for each student...and they could make them for anyone they would like to celebrate: mothers, grandmothers, aunts, fathers).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We painted the outer and inner rims of the lids. Then we traced a template and cut out circles of scrapbook paper to place inside the bottom of the mason jar lid.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀SO easy and my students were really proud of their gifts for their families!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Please swipe if you’d like to see more of their designs...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#mothersdaycraft #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • The best thing I have done for myself this school year?Well, it’s really thanks to my sister @fashioncrazelearningdays. We were on spring break and she suggested deleting our gmail apps on our phones, so we wouldn’t be tempted to check work email while on vacation.And I felt so free!! I mean, I feel like I am CONSTANTLY checking my work email...in line at the grocery store, waiting for dinner to finish cooking, right before I go to sleep (never good to do that).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So even though I’m back from break, I’ve left my app off of my phone. I check my email frequently at school and throughout the evening when I work on my computer.But it’s such a relief to know when I power off my laptop, the email checking is done for the day too.It helps wrap up a work day that could truly never end...and I know you all know what I mean!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Is this something you already do? Do you have any ways you like to make the job have an ending each day? Please share with us!#teacherselfcare #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Google Drive shortcuts!!! Ok, this one is really awesome.So it turns out there are a ton of shortcuts to save you time when navigating through your docs! If you click on a doc in your Drive, then use one of the keyboard shortcuts, it will get you moving, creating, and sharing even faster!Here are a few examples:You can click enter or o to open your doc, p to preview it before opening, . to share, and n to rename!! (These are my faves!). To access all of the shortcuts, head to the gear at the top right hand side of your Drive. Then choose “keyboard shortcuts” and you can see all the keys you can use to save time!What’s your favorite Google Drive shortcut?#google #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram