Testing Sign!

September 30, 2012

Testing Sign!

September 30, 2012
Happy Sunday everyone!! I hope you’ve all had a lovely fall weekend!
We will be starting state testing tomorrow morning (we currently test on the previous year of learning, though that will be changing in the future).
So…I made a new sign for our door and wanted to share it with you, in case you can use it at some point this year.
It can be downloaded for free in either of my shops…

I’ll be laminating and saving this sign since we also have assessments for our English Language Learners in the late winter.

When do you have testing?

• Lita Lita September 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm

We have tests every two weeks! Starting tomorrow, Beautiful sign!

• Anonymous September 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm

All the time – it seems like that is all we do!!! AIMS Web, F&P, vocabulary, running records etc for first grade!!!

• Kimberly Santana September 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm

ALL.THE.DANG.TIME! It seems never ending!! Love the sign, it's too cute- as always.

Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

• Ms.M September 30, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I love this! Thank you. BTW, I am so going to share with the rest of my school. 🙂

M

• 4321Teach September 30, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Love the sign! Looks much better than the Microsoft clipart version they give us.
    Testing in the fall on the previous year, hopefully it's not a state assessment! We take district assessments 3 times a year, in reading and math. We take a Science and Social Studies district assessment at the end of each year. Our state assessment is in April. Happy its the end of April for this school year. Buys me more time to teach after Spring Break.

EmilyK

• YoungTeacherLove September 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm

We do our assessments on students' learning from the previous year as well, and our assessments are in 2 weeks. We have been prepping for them since the first day of school. This sign will be PERFECT!! Thanks so much sharing Kristen! 🙂

YoungTeacherLove 5th Grade Blog

• Katie Smith September 30, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Darling . . . as usual! I love your style! Thanks so much for all the amazing things you share for free!
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

• Traci October 1, 2012 at 12:04 am

We seem to always have assessments going on…. but we don't assess prior year stuff… that sounds like a lot of extra work!
    Thanks for the sign. It's gorgeous. As always!
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

• Ximena October 1, 2012 at 1:42 am

Thank you for the sign. Our testing is coming up soon, and I will give the sign to my team as gift. I hope you are having a great year!!

• Sara Soucy October 1, 2012 at 1:51 am

I love the testing sign! Our district starts testing tomorrow too. Luckily, my second graders don't have to take it. Our schedule does get a little up-ended, though, because the rest of the school is testing. Good luck!

Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

• Mrs. Cupcake October 1, 2012 at 1:56 am

Adorable!!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

• Miss Nelson October 1, 2012 at 2:29 am

Wow! I love this sign. We do not do testing except for Discovery Education on the computer but I'm in 2nd grade. I'll use this great sign for classroom assessments.
    Thanks again!

Miss Nelson’s Got the Camera!

• Molly October 1, 2012 at 5:46 am

Cute sign!! We start testing next week and they have pre-made signs they give us, but yours is much cuter so I may have to put it up as well! Then I will have both doors covered! 🙂

Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

• Mrs. M October 1, 2012 at 7:38 am

Love it! Thanks so much!

• jamie Hoisman October 1, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Great sign!! We do our state testing in the late spring, about a month or so before the end of the year. Good luck to your kids today!! Thanks for sharing your sign-so cute!

• luckeyfrog October 1, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Thanks! Our testing happens mostly in the Spring, but because of the length of time it takes to grade things, it's spread out in the Spring. Feels like we are testing through the whole Spring, from M-O-Y assessments to E-O-Y!

Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

• Elizabeth October 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Well, of course you created the cutest testing sing possible. (Who knew a testing sign could be cute?)

Hoping your testing is still going OK.

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:52 am

Cutest Sign

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:53 am

Hi Kristen! Love that you are blogging during the week! Hope you enjoy your nice long weekend!

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:53 am

• Bilingual Scrapbook October 9, 2012 at 3:06 am

Lovely! Thank you so much!
    Alexa
    bilingualscrapbook.blogspot.com

• Prepping for field trips with digital slides!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Ok. It took me 18 years to figure this one out.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After YEARS of talking through upcoming field trips and trying to explain what to expect, it suddenly occurred to me...why not SHOW my kids all of the information in google slides?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I mean we all know pictures are worth a thousand words. And I can prep the slides ahead of time, so I don’t forget to include any important information.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I keep it simple. A slide for the chaperones and groups. A second slide with an overview of the trip. And one more featuring the schedule, how to prepare, and any important notes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I already used my first set last week and it was such a big help...and a huge timesaver!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀How do you prep your students for field trips? I hope this idea is if some help if you are looking to try something visual!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#fieldtrip #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #googleslides #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth
    • Sooo simple, but what a game-changer!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I first learned about these magnetic numbers for the date from @twoteachersinfifth, they always have the best ideas!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And now I NEVER forget to post the date!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Actually, my students don’t forget...since this is one of our class jobs 😉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The numbers are by Teacher Created Resources and can be found on Amazon.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I store ours in an Iris photo case...and I’m sharing the label on here in case anyone can use it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Please click the link in my profile to grab a copy of the label! bit.ly/WhiteboardNumbers⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀How do you like to post your date each day?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Looking for some new google fonts for your drive?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This summer, I compiled a huge list of favorite teacher fonts for google, thanks to so many of you who shared your favorites! 💜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can grab this resource from the link in my profile. Then, just copy and paste your new faves to add to docs and slides in your own drive!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are there any we missed? What’s your favorite google font?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googlefonts #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Obsessed with these magnetic paper pockets 😍⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They are super strong and hold a ton of papers. They have saved me so much time in passing out assignments this year...my students just grab their morning work as they arrive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But the best part?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They can be used in different configurations for projects. This was our setup for a writing project on Friday and it made it so clear as to which papers my students would need...no questions were asked 😉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Not an ad, just sharing a find that has helped me a lot this year. I put a link in my profile if you’d like to check them out for your class. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CJQWJ9C)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #teachertimesaver #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Goodbye spiderwebs...hello November! Ok, I don’t have a November pic because we took the webs down at 2:00 today 😅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀How are you feeling now that October is finally over?? Me? 😍⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#halloweenisover #wesurvivedoctober #lovenovember #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Teacher: Adds black lights, some spiderwebs, and highlighters to otherwise typical work/routine.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Students: This is the best day ever!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Joking aside, I am so grateful for this IG teacher community and the constant inspiration to try new things.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Today we had our special Halloween-themed day of learning and it was the perfect hook to keep my fourth graders on task, despite all the holiday fervor.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We stuck to our normal schedule and routines, with a slight twist.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Morning work: decorated glowing name tags and then worked on usual papers by (fake dollar tree) candlelight.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Word work: we focused on scary vocabulary (eerie, perturbed, etc).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Reader’s Workshop: we made inferences with a Halloween-themed picture of the day (concept courtesy of @hellojenjones!) and completed a mini-lesson on inferences. Reading was done by flashlight today.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Writer’s Workshop: We wrote some spooky fictional narratives, incorporating figurative language and show, don’t tell techniques we had learned about recently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Math: We reviewed for the end of a unit with task cards placed all around the classroom and invisible/blacklight ink pens...we revealed our answers as partners with the backlight pens.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It took me a bit of time the night before to set up, but every moment of today made it worth it. My students were engaged and happy all day...they were able to channel all of their holiday excitement in a positive way. And they were so sweet about it, after they first saw the room (best part of the day) they all said thank you 😭❤️⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomtransformation #halloweenintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram