Reading Conference Notes {printable}

October 27, 2011

Reading Conference Notes {printable}

October 27, 2011
Phew…what a week! Assemblies, parent teacher conferences, Halloween is fast approaching, and possible SNOW tomorrow?! I know you get most of this so I’ll stop there!

I just wanted to stop by and share a little form that has been working nicely for me this year (so far!).

During our reading conferences, I use this sheet to record observations and create a goal for my students for next time. It’s been just enough space to jot down everything I need within the conference…
{click on the image to download the file}

I’d love to hear your thoughts, should you choose to download it. And…I’ve added a few new items to my Teacher’s Notebook shop:

{Text Connections Posters}

{Writing Details Poster}

{Math Labels}

So, how do you record your reading conference notes? Do you have a different method for recording goals for your students?

• Spedteacher October 27, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I really like your reading notes. I am curious do you take notes in math? I am trying to find some examples of record keeping for math. Since I have different levels in math I thought it might be a good way of keeping track of what they can and can't do.

• Kristen October 27, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Spedteacher, I don't but that is absolutely brilliant!! What a wonderful idea…I think I could do that with a form like this. What do you think?

• CMARSalter October 28, 2011 at 12:34 am

I think that is a fantastic idea. My school is crazy (literally crazy) about keeping anecdotal records of students. We actually have a "school report card" that consists of very detailed and informative narratives. A form like your reading one vamped for math would be a godsend! 🙂

• Spedteacher October 28, 2011 at 1:00 am

Kristen..I think so, would you want to make it so you have a place for more than one goal. I think you would want to do that since in math we are often covering more than one goal at a time. Just a thought.

• Kim October 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Just downloaded the "Connections" labels… SO CUTE!
    Thanks, Kristen!

Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

• Anonymous May 22, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I'd love to see the text connections posters, but can't find them now. 🙁 Any clues where they might be linked?

Rae

PS. LOVE the many resources, especially the ELL pieces since that's my current life. 🙂

• Nichole Brown August 5, 2012 at 1:13 am

I love the Reading Notes printable and have seen a picture of one for Math Notes, but cannot seem to find the file to download a copy of the Math Notes printable. Would you mind posting it or sending it to me? My e-mail is nbrown@myronlpowell.org I would really appreciate it!! Thanks!!!