Testing Sign!

September 30, 2012

Testing Sign!

September 30, 2012
Happy Sunday everyone!! I hope you’ve all had a lovely fall weekend!
We will be starting state testing tomorrow morning (we currently test on the previous year of learning, though that will be changing in the future).
So…I made a new sign for our door and wanted to share it with you, in case you can use it at some point this year.
It can be downloaded for free in either of my shops…

I’ll be laminating and saving this sign since we also have assessments for our English Language Learners in the late winter.

When do you have testing?

• Lita Lita September 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm

We have tests every two weeks! Starting tomorrow, Beautiful sign!

• Anonymous September 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm

All the time – it seems like that is all we do!!! AIMS Web, F&P, vocabulary, running records etc for first grade!!!

• Kimberly Santana September 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm

ALL.THE.DANG.TIME! It seems never ending!! Love the sign, it's too cute- as always.

Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

• Ms.M September 30, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I love this! Thank you. BTW, I am so going to share with the rest of my school. 🙂

M

• 4321Teach September 30, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Love the sign! Looks much better than the Microsoft clipart version they give us.
    Testing in the fall on the previous year, hopefully it's not a state assessment! We take district assessments 3 times a year, in reading and math. We take a Science and Social Studies district assessment at the end of each year. Our state assessment is in April. Happy its the end of April for this school year. Buys me more time to teach after Spring Break.

EmilyK

• YoungTeacherLove September 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm

We do our assessments on students' learning from the previous year as well, and our assessments are in 2 weeks. We have been prepping for them since the first day of school. This sign will be PERFECT!! Thanks so much sharing Kristen! 🙂

YoungTeacherLove 5th Grade Blog

• Katie Smith September 30, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Darling . . . as usual! I love your style! Thanks so much for all the amazing things you share for free!
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

• Traci October 1, 2012 at 12:04 am

We seem to always have assessments going on…. but we don't assess prior year stuff… that sounds like a lot of extra work!
    Thanks for the sign. It's gorgeous. As always!
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

• Ximena October 1, 2012 at 1:42 am

Thank you for the sign. Our testing is coming up soon, and I will give the sign to my team as gift. I hope you are having a great year!!

• Sara Soucy October 1, 2012 at 1:51 am

I love the testing sign! Our district starts testing tomorrow too. Luckily, my second graders don't have to take it. Our schedule does get a little up-ended, though, because the rest of the school is testing. Good luck!

Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

• Mrs. Cupcake October 1, 2012 at 1:56 am

Adorable!!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

• Miss Nelson October 1, 2012 at 2:29 am

Wow! I love this sign. We do not do testing except for Discovery Education on the computer but I'm in 2nd grade. I'll use this great sign for classroom assessments.
    Thanks again!

Miss Nelson’s Got the Camera!

• Molly October 1, 2012 at 5:46 am

Cute sign!! We start testing next week and they have pre-made signs they give us, but yours is much cuter so I may have to put it up as well! Then I will have both doors covered! 🙂

Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

• Mrs. M October 1, 2012 at 7:38 am

Love it! Thanks so much!

• jamie Hoisman October 1, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Great sign!! We do our state testing in the late spring, about a month or so before the end of the year. Good luck to your kids today!! Thanks for sharing your sign-so cute!

• luckeyfrog October 1, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Thanks! Our testing happens mostly in the Spring, but because of the length of time it takes to grade things, it's spread out in the Spring. Feels like we are testing through the whole Spring, from M-O-Y assessments to E-O-Y!

Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

• Elizabeth October 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Well, of course you created the cutest testing sing possible. (Who knew a testing sign could be cute?)

Hoping your testing is still going OK.

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:52 am

Cutest Sign

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:53 am

Hi Kristen! Love that you are blogging during the week! Hope you enjoy your nice long weekend!

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:53 am

• Bilingual Scrapbook October 9, 2012 at 3:06 am

Lovely! Thank you so much!
    Alexa
    bilingualscrapbook.blogspot.com

• All packed up and ready for summer!! 😅 Best wishes to my friends still wrapping up their school years! #summertime #canbarelymove #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th
    • Two of my dear friends and colleagues retired today. I worked on teams with both over the years (one in 4th and one in 5th) and they’ve both been my next door (classroom door) neighbors. They’ve taught a combined total of 74 years!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We had an outdoor luncheon on our school patio to celebrate their years of dedication to our school. The theme was beachy/nautical and it was so fun to set up...I found most of the decor at the Dollar Tree! We had tons of candles, shells, flowers, and a fishnet with class photos from over the years. (Don’t mind the masking tape on the table in that last photo, it was a bit windy 😂). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was a happy and sad kind of day 💕 #retiringfriends #cantimagineschoolwithoutthem #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A little progress with packing up.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I am really trying to get rid of anything we haven’t used in years and pack up everything in its place. We’ll see if I shove things randomly away when I run out of time next week 😂!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you packing up next week?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you ever feel like you make MORE of a mess as you clean out your classroom?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Today was our students’ last day and I stayed for a bit to get things cleaned out and packed but I got so overwhelmed I finally just left. It can wait, right?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #notpicturedhere #ineed50daystocleanmyroom #wegetone #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Anyone still in school? Our students’ last day is tomorrow and I’m feeling all the emotions right now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I got this sweet framed gift from one of my students today 😍😭 Getting myself ready for tomorrow’s whirlwind of emotions!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you are wrapping up school soon, best wishes! And if you are already on break, happy summer!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#almostsummerbreak #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Have you seen the new outline feature in google docs?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you click on the outline icon on the left hand side of your doc (picture two) you will see an outline of all the headings you’ve created.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀When you click on a heading in the outline, it will bring you right to that section...even on different pages! It’s like inserting jump links just by typing out headings!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this new feature yet?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#lovegoogledrive #googledrive #googledocs #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram