Clipboards and Lunch Basket Labels

September 3, 2012

Clipboards and Lunch Basket Labels

September 3, 2012
Sounds kind of random I guess, but I promise they are related! So. I’m linking up with Tara for her monthly linky…
And I feel a little silly because any of the other fabulous teacher-crafters would have decorated their clipboards for a Monday Made It! But I did dress up the bucket, so that counts, right?? (The bucket is from Walmart and was $4.something).
I also grabbed one for the students’ lunch bags. It’s flexy and tough, so I’m hoping it will last for the year…

The signs are printed on cardstock, laminated, and hot glued on. And they’re really stuck on now. As in I tried to pull off the Clipboard sign in a last-minute-type-A need to move it down and no luck. It’s ok, it’s good for me to leave it as is, haha!
So, if you are interested in either of the signs, they are below in an editable Powerpoint file…so you can add your name to the lunch sign if you’d like.
What kind of baskets do you use to store your lunch boxes and larger items?

• Miss Nelson September 3, 2012 at 5:10 pm

cute stuff! My kids store their lunch boxes in their cubby. Large items are in bins from target:)

• Anonymous September 3, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Our lunch boxes go in a laundry basket. It is durable and easy for kids to carry from the classroom to the lunchroom.

• Ms. Wold September 3, 2012 at 5:29 pm

We have a rolling cart that lunch boxes go on, it's nice and easy for the kiddos to move.

βœͺ Miss W

Miss W Teaches

• Rebekah Quiles September 3, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Our school hasa large trolly with three shelves. Each class has a designated shelf and the students put their lunch on it when they come in the morning. At lunch time the trolly is wheeled to the dining hall and students grab their lunch before they go in. So handy! Never need to worry about student lunches.

• EveryNewBeginning September 3, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I am a meanie and make my kids take their own lunch. We have lockers they store them in πŸ™‚

Love it! I saw those bins and thought about getting one for recess. Currently they carry a laundry type bag.

Every New Beginning Blog

• Lisa September 3, 2012 at 6:25 pm

We also keep our lunchboxes in a large tub. The first two kiddos in line carry it to the lunchroom as the rest of us head out to recess. When the kids come in for lunch they grab their bag and into the lunchroom they go. We collect them all on our way out of the lunchroom and carry them that way to our classroom. This method insures no swinging lunchboxes, no accidental whacks with a wild lunchbox, and no dropping of lunchboxes πŸ™‚

I need to get a bin for my clipboards, but I also need a pencil sharpener and my back to school classroom budget is about all maxed out!

Thanks for the adorable downloads!!!
    Lisa
    Super Pig and Tyrant King

• Courtney September 3, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Thanks Kristen! These look great! Totally counts for Monday Made It!

Swimming into Second

• Ms.M September 3, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Oh too cute. Love the watermelon one! I might re-purpose it for something else, as I do not store lunches in my room. πŸ˜› Thanks love.

BTW, glad your back. πŸ™‚

M

• Anonymous September 3, 2012 at 9:07 pm

So cute thank you for posting so many great freebies. What font did you use for this?

• Kristen September 4, 2012 at 4:07 am

Thanks πŸ™‚ it's coffee shoppe espresso by Sweet Shoppe Designs.

• Michelle Faatuai September 11, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Hi Kristen, I bought that font but finding it hard to install. How'd you install it to be able to use on printable things- not just on a blog????

• Kristen September 16, 2012 at 12:32 am

Hi Michelle…I'm not sure. I just installed it and then it shows up in my programs automatically (once they've been restarted after I download it). If you google how to install font along with your computer type, you may be able to find some help–sorry I can't be of more help myself!

• Elizabeth September 3, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Loving the labels. I'll make you some clipboards πŸ˜‰

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• Kelley Cirrito September 3, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I have missed your Kristen!! I love your baskets! I use the same thing for my clipboards!! It is great for my kids to pick up and move around if need be! I hope you are enjoying being back to school!

• ~Stephanie September 3, 2012 at 11:33 pm

I love all of these round labels Kristen. They just bring your room so cohesively together. Fabulous!!

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Kelly Patrice September 4, 2012 at 12:38 am

Cute idea! I am wondering how you are liking the reading drawers?i

• Kristen September 4, 2012 at 4:06 am

Hey Kelly! I am LOVING the reading drawers so far! They keep the room so neat and organized and the kids love them too. We've only had three days in so far, but we'll see how it goes this week. I'll be posting more about them soon πŸ™‚

• Kelly Patrice September 9, 2012 at 2:50 am

Hi! So I bought drawers this weekend and they should arrive sometime this week. I am still 5 short but I am hoping to find something to sit on top of the ones I found at Sams. I gave you a shout out on my blog! I am new to the whole blogging thing…as in this past week. So I hope I shouted out correctly πŸ™‚

~Kelly~
      Are You Taller Than a 5th Grader

• Heather (TeacherBug) September 4, 2012 at 1:38 am

I just absolutely LOVE your Bright and Clear signs. My whole room is decorated that way πŸ™‚ Makes me smile every morning when I walk in.

• Kristen September 4, 2012 at 4:05 am

thanks Heather!! I'm so happy to read this πŸ™‚

• Mrs. Cockrell September 7, 2012 at 1:26 am

CUTE labels. We store our lunches in a large, heavy duty tub with handles (I believe I got it at Home Depot or Lowe's). It stays in the hallway, as there is NO ROOM at the inn, er, in my classroom. πŸ™‚ Only trouble is that it can get pretty heavy/unwieldy for young kiddos. Our K and 1st teachers store theirs in rolling laundry baskets with handles, and that seems to work well.

Gayla
    Teach On.

• Molly September 9, 2012 at 7:01 am

I'm working on decorating clipboards for one of Tara's Monday Made its, but that means I will be needing a clipboard bucket and label as well, so I'm glad I can get that out of the way first with your adorable label! And I need to see if I can find that bucket! We store our lunches in a large plastic bucket that we leave outside of the classroom, but this year it's overflowing, some some of my students have to leave their lunches on the bench right next to it!

Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

• AthenaPhoenix September 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Thank you so much for these. Your stuff always looks so classy!

βœͺCrystalβœͺ