Editable Parent Presentation Pack (free file)

September 23, 2012

Editable Parent Presentation Pack (free file)

September 23, 2012
Hi again! I’m back to share an editable file I used for Open House this past week. I know many of you have had your events already, but I hope this is something you might be able to use in the future! And if you have an event coming up soon, I really hope this will be of some help 🙂
So, there are a couple of printables in this pack. There are some editable, business-card sized labels…
I attached mine to magnets like my good friend Mor (from A Teacher’s Treasure) did…they look a little funny because I erased some of the information, but you can get the idea.

I left the magnets out on those bright yellow folders (I always try to find the brightest color possible, so the families can find them when needed at home…these folders hold Math and Language Arts information for our district).

They are set up for easy customization, just type right into the text boxes…

I also left out a little half-sheet of paper, in case the parents wanted to leave a note for their child (not my original idea, just something that’s commonly done at my school)…

The pack also includes a Powerpoint presentation to share with your families. I love using a presentation during Open House because it keeps me on track, no matter how nervous I might be!

There are slides for each subject area, classroom procedures, specials schedule, and more…

Each slide is set up with text boxes, so all you have to do is type in your information…

There are also duplicate slides, so hopefully you will have the subject name you need (such as Spelling and Word Work). Any slides you do not need in the file can be deleted before your presentation.

And that’s it! If you would like to see more or download this free file, please visit either of the shops below…

Borders on A Note From Your Family paper created by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com.

Have you had your families in to visit yet? Does your event take place right at the beginning of school?

• Anonymous September 23, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Just downloaded. Thank you very much for your generosity!! I cannot wait to use this next year at Open House and maybe even this year at oufr first P/T conferences. :o)

• ~Stephanie September 23, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Again, the black and brights just look so so so good! Thank you for sharing your hard work.

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Laurie September 23, 2012 at 5:55 pm

These look great!! I can't wait to use them.

Laurie

• Elizabeth September 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I'm loving the black and bright colors, Kristen 🙂 Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

• Laurie September 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Oh, will you share how you attached them to magnets…are they just printed on mailing labels??

Laurie

• Kate September 23, 2012 at 6:04 pm

LOVE the PowerPoint! I will use it next year!! Thank you SO much 🙂

Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

• jen ormsbee September 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Kristen–you are a life saver!! My open house is next week and this is perfect!! You have saved me so much time! I really appreciate all your hard work–everything looks stunning!

–jen

• 4321Teach September 23, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Kristen, thanks for sharing this! Our Open House (Group Conference) is always sometime in the first month of school. I use a PowerPoint too. There is just too much to remember to try to do it without it. I use one of the basic PowerPoint templates. Now that you have shared this, though, next year my PowerPoint will be super cute! BTW, I love the graphics!

EmilyK

• Anonymous September 23, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I wish I'd had this sooner! I will definitely save it for next year! Thanks so much, your stuff is all awesome!!

• Ms.M September 23, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Kristin everything looks wonderful. So glad your back. You are your pretty creations were missed.

M

• Across the Hall September 23, 2012 at 10:16 pm

LOVE the cards! Our open house is this week, so I get to use them THIS year. Thanks!!!

Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

• Katie September 23, 2012 at 10:32 pm

THANK YOU! I have back to school night tomorrow and this is perfect! You rock!

• Kimberly Santana September 23, 2012 at 11:23 pm

LOVE the cards- I got an order of magnetic cards from VistaPrint this year when they offered 50 for free…but your's are way cuter than the ones I got!!

Kimberly
    Click to get 31 bags for 31% OFF!!
    The Learning Tree

• jamie Hoisman September 23, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Thank you so much for your files!! You are so generous! I have been doing keynote presentations for our Back to School Night, but I had to download yours because it's so much cuter than mine!! You are so creative! We already had our BTSN this year, but I'm going to save your file for next year. Thanks again, Kristin! You rock!

• KRISTA September 24, 2012 at 1:55 am

These look so fabulous! We have a back to school night each year and your presentations would be perfect with this. I love the business card magnets. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a fabulous week!

Krista
    stellar-students

• Heather September 24, 2012 at 2:22 am

Thanks Kristen! I can't wait to use these next year!
    ~Heather
    Loose Shoelaces

• Annie Moffatt September 24, 2012 at 6:22 am

You make such pretty things Kristen! I officially crown you the Queen of Pretty Labels!
    The Moffatt Girls

• primary practice September 24, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thank you Kristen! Gorgeous file-bright and black and outstanding!

Patti

• Abby September 24, 2012 at 11:33 am

Brilliant!!

Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂

Abby @ Third Grade Bookworm

• Ximena September 24, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Awesome!!! I will use it next school year.

• Courtney September 25, 2012 at 12:18 am

This looks great! We had Open house a few weeks ago but I will definitely use it next time. I love the magnets. I bought a bunch from Vistaprint two years ago so they would last for a while then my district changed our emails. Yours look much better! Thanks for sharing Kristen!

Swimming into Second

• Blogging Sentral September 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm

It's my first time in this site and i guess it's going to be magnificent out here.

• sewa mobil jakarta September 28, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Very nice, thanks for the information.

• smita sharma October 26, 2012 at 9:50 am

Thanks for providing this information was of great help for my needs, more information like this is needed, hope you have some more thanks again
    rhinoplasty

• Dana Sirotiak April 3, 2013 at 1:49 pm

How do I download the templates?

• Dana Sirotiak April 3, 2013 at 1:49 pm

How do I download the templates?

• KateC May 21, 2013 at 2:27 am

Hi Kristen, I do the magnetic business cards too. They are a great way for the parents to keep in touch. I was wondering though what is the font that you used on the cards and in the presentation so I could download it in order to keep it the same. Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to use this in the upcoming year 🙂

• Kristen May 21, 2013 at 2:34 am

Hi Kate! They are both from Sweet Shoppe Designs….belly button innie and all the cool chicks. Thanks for visiting my blog! 🙂

• Anonymous June 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Hi Kristen. Would you happen to know off hand what font was used in this PP? There are a few things I would like to add to the PP but I noticed I can't change the headings on the slides. I'm super anal so I want all the slides to match as far as font goes. Thanks in advance 🙂

• Debbie Gattis June 18, 2013 at 2:45 am

I don't know how to download this. I love what you've put together and want to use it. Please reply. Thanks!! 🙂

• Kristen June 18, 2013 at 10:18 am

Hi! It's at my tpt store, the link is at the end of the post. 🙂

• Rebecca Wilson June 27, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Kristen – I love love love this presentation packet! Is there anyway to add slides to it? I was trying to edit the headings, but it won't let me! Thanks again for sharing this with everyone!

Becca Wilson

• Did you know that there are HUNDREDS of fonts to choose from in google drive?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I mean, there are times I really wish I could just upload one of my favorite fonts from my laptop. But then I visit the Google Fonts website.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it has 915 fonts to choose from!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀AND...you can add any of them to your google docs and slides!The Google Fonts site has all these great categories to help refine your search. You can even type right into the site to try out the different fonts (you can see an example in this first pic).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you find a font (or several!) you like, head into google docs. Click on the current font in your doc, then select “More fonts...” Type in the name of the fonts you’ve found...and then click on the font name when it pops up to add it to your font list.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now your new favorite fonts are right there in your google drive for future designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorite google fonts? Mine are Oswald and Century Gothic!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you like to use a certain color scheme in your google docs?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I always tend to use the same shades in my visuals for class...so I set up a file of my go-to colors. It’s very easy to do...and will save you lots of time in future google drive designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps, in case you’d like to capture your favorite hues for google!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open up a new slides file. Insert a table, and choose your favorite colors for each cell (to create a set of color swatches).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Name your file (I used “color swatches”) so you can find it quickly in the future.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Select your table and copy it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now, open up a new slides file or google doc. Click paste and your table will appear.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Delete your table. Even though the color swatches are gone, they are now stored in your custom colors selector. When you go to change your font color (or the cells and borders of a table) you will see all of your favorite colors under “custom” (swipe to see this in the last pic).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that’s it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hope some of you will be able to use this idea! It’s saved me lots of time in designing in my drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Ok, I learned something else new in google docs that I LOVE...even more than default margins!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can set a default font!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So I tend to go with Century Gothic for everything in class...usually paired with a bold font for headings (Oswald is my favorite!). But every time I start a new doc, I have to take the time to make these font changes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, it turns out you can set a default font (and color) of your choice in two simple steps! It can only be one font...but at least it will save some time!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open a new doc and type a word with the font/color combo you would like as your default font. Highlight the text you just typed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then, go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal text' to match.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then go back to the Format menu and choose Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles. (Swipe to see pics of all these steps if you prefer a visual!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it! Now when you open a new google doc, you will see your favorite font, all ready for you to start designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know that you can set default margins in Google Docs? I never realized until the other day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It drives me CRAZY when I open up a new doc and there's all that extra space at the top! I'm constantly reconfiguring the margins when I make a new doc. But it turns out you can set your favorite margin settings (because everyone has favorite margin settings, right?) and set it as a default.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it’s very easy to do!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Go to File, then Page Setup. Enter the margins you would like, then click the "Set as Default" button.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your next docs will open with this new setting from now on! Such a time-saver!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(Am I the only one who didn't know this?) 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • "This is so fun!" I got to hear some of my favorite words over and over during math today. And it was all thanks to  @adventuresofmssmith_ and @teachinginroom6!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀These clever ladies shared an awesome idea for solving some mundane math problems (multi-digit multiplication and long division review for us today) while building index card towers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup was so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made 30 review problems and numbered the cards. Then I highlighted the cards with a quick swipe to color code them (thanks to @teachinginroom6 for the color-coding idea!). The simpler problems were pink and could earn one index card when solved correctly. The more complex problems were yellow and could earn two index cards...and the most difficult problems were green and worth three index cards.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My students worked in small groups and showed me their cards as they solved them. Some showed a couple of cards at a time, others solved everything first before "cashing in" (as they called it 😂).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were completely engaged and working as teams for the whole math block...it was great! And they are already asking when we can do this again.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #iteachmath #multiplication #division #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many field trips does your class go on each year?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We go on four (five some years 😬) and field trip season is just starting up now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to keep a checklist of our different trips to keep track of forms, money, and chaperones. I color-code each trip with a different flair pen if the trips are back-to-back (we are visiting our state capital this week and heading to the ymca for water safety next week!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This checklist is from my Instant Checklists resource...it has a hundred lists, ready to go, just enter your students’ names once. Please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more! (http://bit.ly/instantchecklists)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you going on a field trip soon?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #tpt #teacherspayteachers #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram