Some classroom color scheme photos…

July 11, 2012

Some classroom color scheme photos…

July 11, 2012

Hey bloggy friends! I just got back from another day in my classroom and now I’m linking up with Corinna from Surfin’ Through Second for her first linky party…
I’ve been looking forward to joining this party for awhile, but thought I would wait until I got some pictures from my room first. My theme (as you probably know from previous posts!) is black and white with brights. I also have a lot of circles goin’ on! 🙂

Here are a few sneak peeks of my room and color scheme…

(blurry picture, sorry…it was HOT and I was rushing!)
The majority of the setup is done, but I still have lots of things to hang up, some missing border, and that showerboard you see above needs to be Velcroed (Velcrod? Velcro’d??? We need a teacher/blogger spellcheck!!!) to the board. I also have to tackle the rest of my library (not even going to show you that yet!).

AND! I have to buy some little elements my sister and I have been planning to make the room more cozy (pillows, plants, etc.). So stayed tuned for a full tour, coming soon!!

Ok, I’m off to check out all of the classroom themes/color schemes in Corinna’s wonderful party!
What’s your theme or scheme this year??

• Lisa R. July 11, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I'm doing pirates/black & red polka dots. I absolutely love your classroom setup. I would love to be a student in your class!! Love it Kristen! 🙂
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

• Kristen July 11, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Thanks Lisa!!! I can't wait to see your pirate theme when you are finished!

• ~Stephanie Moorman July 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I love it! I love that all your furniture and stuff is white too…that is awesome! I have the circles all ready to go for my room too 🙂 Can't wait to use them 🙂

~Steph
    Teaching in Room 6

• Kristen July 11, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Thanks Steph, you are the best, as always!!! 🙂

• Ginger Snaps July 11, 2012 at 9:49 pm

When do you start school back!?!? I love all of the bright colors! =)

Ginger Snaps

• Kristen July 11, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Hey girl! I don't go back 'til Aug. 29th, but I lucked out because my room was done early and I'm going away next week so I thought I would set up early! Thanks Ginger!! 🙂

• Lita Lita July 11, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I love your room!
    I don't really use themes in my classroom but I try buying everything in blue/green.
    Your abc looks great!

• Kristen July 11, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Thanks so much Lita! Love blue and green too, they always look gorgeous together!

• Anonymous July 13, 2012 at 3:07 am

I love the colors..I absolutely love pink and green..Where did you get those cute baskets???? AND why can't I post I need to enter a profile or something…google acct I think I have that..new to blogs but love all of yours!

• Kristen July 13, 2012 at 1:33 pm

they're old ones from the Dollar Tree–thanks!!

• Jessica Cramer July 11, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Love it! I am also doing a black theme, but with hot pink and hot green accents!

~Jessica @ Fabulous and Fun Fourth Graders

• Kristen July 11, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I would love to see that Jessica! I'm following your blog now 🙂

• Denicia July 11, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Yay! I've been waiting (im)patiently for you to post some pictures of your classroom. It's looking great! My color scheme is black and white with brights (pink, green, and teal). Convenient, no?

😀

• Kristen July 11, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Hey Denicia! Do you have a teacher blog? I would love to see your photos! Thanks for the lovely comment 🙂

• Denicia July 13, 2012 at 2:37 am

I don't…yet! I have been toying with the idea, but this is my first year teaching so I don't want to overwhelm myself 🙂 Maybe next year…

Keep the ideas and pictures coming!!

• Amanda Mast July 11, 2012 at 10:12 pm

How do you have your cursive alphabet hanging? Is it on fabric and how is the fabric hanging? It looks amazing!

• Corinna July 11, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I love it!! All the bright colors on black looks amazing!! Will you please come and decorate my room?? Can I please ask where you got those cute baskets, they are same colors I am using;) Mahalo for linking up!

Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

• Kristen July 11, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Hey Corinna! Thanks and thank you for the linky party!! I would LOVE to come and decorate your room–I've never been to Hawaii before! Those baskets are from the Dollar Tree, but they are pretty old so they don't have the same ones anymore–I wish they did! I would buy more, ha!

• Sarah Adams July 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm

My color scheme is bright green, purple, and chocolate brown. I have a giant green wall in my classroom, but I love purples best, so I want to incorporate that. I'm doing a wild animal/jungle theme along with it. I wish I was using neons so I could steal your design 🙂 haha!

Sarah
    Miss A's Kindergarten

• Jennifer Tilton July 11, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Your classroom is going to be just beautiful! My color scheme is mainly blue and green with brights thrown in – lots of polka dots with an ocean theme.
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

• Julie July 11, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Love your room and the bright pops of color! Gorgeous!

Question about the shower board – does Velcroing (Velcro-ing? Definitely could benefit from teacher spell check!) the board to the wall work well? I would like to convert a portion of my chalkboards into whiteboards as well. The previous teacher who had my room nailed it to the board and it looks pretty awful, so I have been searching for other effective ways to mount it. Velcro might be the best solution I've heard!

Julie
    4th Grade Haps and Hacks

• Kristen July 11, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Hi Julie! The Velcro does work really well. I get the wide, heavy-duty stuff from a craft store and I make about 6 long strips or so and that does it. I REALLY had to rip off the board today to move it to a new location–it was stuck! 🙂

• Julie July 12, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I think that you have provided me with my board solution, hooray!! Thanks so much for the tip! 🙂

• Cassandra July 11, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Can you tell me more about liquid starching the fabric on? Also I don't see any staples in the alphabet cards, did you tape them?

Adventures in Room 5

• Anonymous July 12, 2012 at 12:19 am

I am also curious about the lack of staples.

• Katie July 12, 2012 at 1:04 am

Yes. Where the heck are the staples?! 🙂 Wait…WAIT…y'all, I just remembered. She said she uses a lot of hot glue. (I think?!) I bet they are hot glued to the fabric! 🙂

-Katie
      Building a House of Love

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I did 🙂

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:26 pm

With just a teeny bit of hot glue I think. I did a little test and it seemed to scratch off–we'll see at the end of the year I guess!

• mrs. mindy July 11, 2012 at 11:40 pm

You amaze me every year! Your room is always inspiring! backing your alphabet with black and then bordering it makes it really pop! Great idea! Thanks for sharing and hopefully you can sit back and relax a bit once it is all up and finished!

• amy July 12, 2012 at 12:07 am

I love how the color pops from the black background! I'm using cirles and bright colors this year. I hope it works, I think I'll have to set things up in the basement just to double check;)
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:25 pm

lol, I had everything set up on my bureau before I went in, to make sure it all matched!!!

• Dawn July 12, 2012 at 12:19 am

Love! It is looking terrific!!

• Kimberlee :) July 12, 2012 at 12:29 am

I am doing a B&W with some color as well this year – cute stuff! I am also throwing in some owls, because they are just too cute!! I do not have many photos yet, as I still have tons to do before Aug. 17th (1st day of school) gets here…

~ Kimberlee ~

Two Fulbright Hugs

• Rie July 12, 2012 at 1:06 am

I love your pictures and colors! I never thought to make all my boards background black, I'm loving it! Liquid starch?? For the alphabet, I would love for you to explain that. I'm very curious, since that alphabet is on my wish list for this year.

Rie
    Hip,Hop Hurray! Tales of the Reading Rascals

• Ms. Kerri July 12, 2012 at 1:23 am

Love your room. It's gorgeous! I would like to get all my colors together like you have. It's so great!
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

• Elizabeth July 12, 2012 at 1:44 am

Kristen, everything looks fantastic 🙂 I, too, am curious about your lack ps staples.
    And… Going away? Good for you. Hope you have a nice vacation planned.
    Elizabeth

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Hey Elizabeth! I am!! I'm leaving this weekend, I can't wait!

The non-staples are due to a serious obsession with hot glue! 🙂

• Annie Moffatt July 12, 2012 at 2:19 am

LOVE>>>LOVE>>>LOVE!!!!!

• Allison July 12, 2012 at 2:25 am

I love your color scheme – the colors really pop! I decided to go with a super hero theme this year so I am doing a lot with blue and red. Thank you for such great inspiration!
    Allison

• Tara July 12, 2012 at 2:29 am

Ok…….I left a message but it isn't showing up….my computer is wonky….anywho, your room looks so amazing!!! As usual!!! Love, love the alphabet and thinking I need to copy that my friend. How did you do that? I am also too jealous you can get in your room. Our wing hasn't even been cleaned yet….this happens every year and we can't get in until last minute!!! I'm bummed….but at least I can look at your beautiful room:)

4th Grade Frolics

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Sending you a message!!

• Rikki July 12, 2012 at 2:48 am

I love the black. It's such a contrasting color and I bet your students work looks awesome on it.
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

• Jonelle Bell July 12, 2012 at 2:52 am

I love your classroom! I bought your manuscript letter and can not wait to hang them up. What kind of printer do you have?

Jonelle
    A Place Called Kindergarten

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Hey Jonelle, it's an older HP model: Officejet 6000. I love it so much I got the exact same kind when I finally killed my older one (wonder how that happened????) 🙂

• Jonelle Bell July 12, 2012 at 5:32 pm

OK…do you put it on a special setting to make it so clear and bright?

• Sarah Cooley July 12, 2012 at 3:12 am

Looks FANTASTIC!!! So neat, clean, and organized! Love the black with the bright colors!

• Leah at Learning 4 Keeps July 12, 2012 at 3:37 am

LOVE your theme! So cute. My original color scheme was black and white with hot pink. I changed it just this past week. Right before linking up on the same linky. LOL

• Ms.M July 12, 2012 at 5:06 am

Love your room Kristen. It looks wonderful. Do you use fabric or paper on your bulletin boards?

M

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Hey!! 🙂 It's fabric and I LOVE it…I only had to clean it up a bit this year, it has stayed up since last summer 🙂

• Mrs. Cupcake July 12, 2012 at 6:06 am

I love your room, Kristen!! I'm so jealous that you're almost done– I can't start until mid-August!!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

• Traci July 12, 2012 at 6:09 am

OH MY Gosh! Kristin! I love every stinkin' piece of it. It looks so good. I am especially jealous of the alphabet. We HAVE to use what came with our curriculum and it is UGLY.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

• The Amazing Classroom Blog July 12, 2012 at 7:05 am

Your room looks so cute Kristen. I love the color selection. Unfortunately, this year, we can't get back into our rooms until about 6 days before the kiddos start. They are doing asbestos tile abatement in our building so we will all be working like crazy trying to get our room set up. I would love for you to visit my blog. I bought your thistle girl alphabet set for this year. I am doing a rainbow theme and cut rainbow colors to put behind each of the circles. I can't wait to put it up. Have fun on your trip!

• teaching fashionista July 12, 2012 at 10:28 am

In awe right now Kristen! LOVE-LOVE-LOVE ! and.. That alphabet rocks girl.. Does your school always let you come in and set up so early? We can't go in until a week before school starts..I haven't even thought about this years theme yet!
    How did you make your curtains? Looks awesome.

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Hey Melissa, thanks! We can come in whenever our rooms are ready, so I went in extra-early this week (leaving for vacay next week) to get it started. I would be anxious if I had to wait too long–I'm sorry! But it's also probably a good thing, to take a long break from the classroom.

Those are just scene setters cut up and taped to the top (they're hiding these boring white panels)

• Jessica Wood July 12, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Your room looks FABULOUS!!! I love black with bright colors. Everything pops off the boards. By the way, I feel like you seriously read my mind when you created the cursive letters. I gave away my traditional cursive strips this past year just because they were boooorrrr-ing!. Thank you so much for always sharing your creativity!! I am doing a jungle theme this year. I would love for you to stop by and check out some of the things I am doing! Looking forward to seeing more of your classroom as the summer goes on. : )

Jess
    Mrs. Wood's Class

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Thank you Jess!! Your words mean a lot to me. I am following your blog 🙂

• Beadboard July 12, 2012 at 3:00 pm

i love your black shade…did it come that way or did you cover it black. id love to hear some creative ways to use pull down shades. also can't waita to hear your liquid start explanation. thanks for your inspiration.

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 3:16 pm

It's actual a vinyl decoration sheet from a party store–it's called a Scene Setter. It's hiding not the window, but this boring white paneling behind it. I need ideas for a shades too! I only have one working shades and the hot sun comes through all day!

• Linda July 12, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Kristin, your room is gorgeous! I'm so jealous that you are able to work in your classroom during the summer! We have to turn our keys in and get to check them back out 4 days before school starts!

I just love all of your decor! It's so crisp and clean and unique!
    Thank you so much for all that you share, I've learned so much from your blog!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

• Kristy Helms July 12, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Hi! I just gave you the Versatile Blogger Award. Come check it out at http://www.worksmartnothardinkindergarten.blogspot.com/

• luckeyfrog July 12, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I love how CLEAN the room looks with so much black and white. It's still colorful without looking messy! I found a cursive alphabet at Dollar Tree, but I'm still tempted by yours- I just love it!! You're inspiring me to get in my classroom and get to work 🙂

Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

• Sandy July 12, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Your classroom looks great! Nice work!!! I can't wait to see the finished product! 🙂

• Kelley Cirrito July 12, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I love all the stuff in your room!! It looks so good! I can't wait to see if all complete!

• Megan Here & Now July 13, 2012 at 1:06 am

I love the alphabet letters. I have graduated but have not found a classroom yet. I have applied to a crazy number of schools, its over 40! But in the waiting process, I have decided to start printing materials I may need if I get that phone call. Where might I find that alphabet set?

• Kristen July 13, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Hi Megan…oh my goodness, best of luck to you…you will find a wonderful placement I am sure. I have the set in my Teachers Notebook shop, thanks for the interest in it 🙂

• Stephanie July 13, 2012 at 6:05 am

I love your room! I love how the black fabric pops against everything and looks so clean. We can't get into our rooms until the week before the kids start so I have quite some time to gather ideas. We Rent allowed to attach anything permanently anywhere in the room….how did you get the fabric to stay up? Does the Velcro come off easily?

• Stephanie July 13, 2012 at 6:09 am

Ugh, trying to do this from my iPad and it's being all crazy…. Anyways, anything we hang has to be able to come down without damaging the walls or board – I mean we use blue tape (painters tape) to hang charts/posters on the walls! Do you have any suggestions on how to cover my boards this year similar to yours?
      Thanks,
      Steph
      MaMa Goose's KinderGarden
      Sgies328@gmail.com

• Kristen July 13, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Hi Stephanie! The black fabric is actually attached with a mixture of liquid starch and water and peels off very easily when you need to remove it. I just dunked huge strips of fabric into a bucket of the starch, then draped it on the wall (actually, those are ancient chalkboards) and kept smoothing it out with two hands. You might need some help if you put up larger pieces…with smaller ones you could do this yourself.

I didn't peel mine completely off because I was allowed to keep them up from last summer. But a couple of corners had peeled back a bit and didn't seem to leave any residue. I hope this is of some help!

• Lauren July 17, 2012 at 2:46 am

I love this idea!! I'm moving into a room that has this one random chalkboard! Thank you for your continuous inspiration to all! I hope you're enjoying your vacay!

Lauren
      gofourthandinspire

• Dani July 15, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I am also doing black, white, and neons! I love your pictures. I can't wait to see more. I'll definitely be using some of your ideas when I get into my classroom in August! Thank you for the ideas.

-Dani
    A Place to Thrive

• lesliep July 15, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Hi Kristen…love your blog!

Do you have a set of the D/Nealian alphabet circles in white? (I'm worried about printing all of that black!!) Just checking. 🙂

• Mrs. M July 17, 2012 at 4:36 am

Love, love, love, love it!! 🙂

Color Me Kinder

• Lisa Gist July 17, 2012 at 6:18 am

Where did you find the chalkboard labels for this year's baskets? Love your room!

• Ellen July 17, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Hi Kristen, I love your room! I'm teaching middle school this year, so I am trying to think of a theme/colors that will not be too "babyish" for them. I was checking on the CTP black and white stuff as well! It looks so sharp on the black background!

• Anonymous July 18, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Have you ever had any problems with fire inspectors? They come through all of our classrooms and write up throw pillows, chair cushions that are not tagged correctly, etc. They are very nit picky. We get a slight warning right before they come and I usually try to put some things in the trunk of my car for the night. I wonder if they'd get me for fabricing a wall.

• Kristen July 23, 2012 at 6:28 pm

No, knock on wood! We can't hang things from the ceilings and I've gotten used to that finally :/

• Vicky Hunt July 20, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I love your room! It is adorable…:) My color scheme is almost the same as yours….except I am using orange instead of yellow. I can't wait to get in my room and get started….should be next week sometime! I'll be posting pics so be sure to come check them out!

Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

• Marina Raymond July 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I LOVE your website! You have lots of cute ideas. I was wondering where you got your cursive letters. I have been looking for a new set.

• suuzgator July 20, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Hi, Kristen!1

I love your room!1 Very bright, cheery as well as crisp & clean. Just like the poster ahead of me, I would love to know where you got the alphabet. I love them. The only problem I have is that I teach pre-k & would need print. Do they come in print?

Gorgeous room!!

Susanne

• Kristen July 21, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Hi Marina and Susanne! Thanks very much! The alphabet is in my Teachers Notebook shop, I have a few different versions 🙂 Thanks again!

• Suzydo July 22, 2012 at 4:36 am

Your classroom is super cute and very organized! Typically, I'm not a "theme-y" person, BUT this year I'm using Apple Green and Black, and I'm going nuts finding sooooo much cute stuff!!

• Melissa July 22, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I love your room!! I use the black background as well with the different colors! Thanks for the ideas!! I hope you have a wonderful year

• Lisa Hartman July 23, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I am completely jealous you are able to work I your room already. We don’t get to till 2nd week in August and we start the 20th.

• Joy@Living On Trees July 26, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I graduated in December and am still waiting for a teaching position! Your blog makes me so anxious to get into a classroom and get busy! It looks amazing. Good job!

• Teri Lyn July 28, 2012 at 2:23 am

Maybe a silly question…what kind of fabric do you use?.

• Anonymous August 2, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Hi Kristen! I was thinking about doing the fabric starched walls, but I am in a room with no windows and deal with occassional humidity,dry heat, and cold air from the vents! Do you know if this stays up in a windowless room? In other words, do you know any other teachers who use the fabric walls under similar conditions?

Lastly, where did you find your borders in such great colors? Any answers are greatly appreciated! Your blog ideas are in my top 5 of all time! Kudos girl (and to your sister)!

Tara
    Land of Moo, Wisconsin =)

• Kristen August 3, 2012 at 2:04 am

Hi Tara! I'm honestly not sure about a windowless room–I don't know of anyone who uses fabric in those rooms in my school. My room does get very humid (we don't have AC) and they stay up fine.

The border I found online. I can't remember which store, but I think it's called Black and White Crazy Circles (or something like that!).

Thanks for the kind words and for reading my blog! 🙂

• Anonymous August 3, 2012 at 6:34 am

Where did you get that lamp with the black and white shade? It would look gorge in my seuss room!

• Kristen August 3, 2012 at 8:19 pm

The zebra one is from Walmart…the older one in my photo with the stripes is from Target last year. Thanks for stopping by!

• carolyn k August 5, 2012 at 3:09 am

Have you all ever heard of Seal and Peel? It is a caulk and works great. At the end of the year I just peel it off my cupboards, brick, windows cinderblock~ Was wondering if it would work on the shower board as I was thinking of converting a B Board. My colors are blue with B&W boarder ( I have the same ones you have 🙂 with a green boarder and some bright colors!

• Stephanie August 6, 2012 at 2:06 am

Hey Kristen!! I was playing around in my classroom with some black bulletin boards and neon pink, green, blue, and purple pops of colors today and I knew I had to come to come check out your classroom pics since I originally fell in love with bright on black color concept after seeing your room last year. Your latest update looks gorgeous!! I love the way you use different shapes and how they pop so vibrantly off the black backgrounds. The alphabet it probably my favorite of all time!

❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

• dillyw August 12, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I just purchased my fabric at Hancock & headed to WalMart for the liquid starch. Can't wait to see the results! I already had the same border, so I'm excited to try this!

• Turner's Reading Corner August 15, 2012 at 2:54 am

I love your ideas. Can;t wit for my room to be ready for me to get in. It was flodded 2 wks ago and we have at least 2 more wks. We r now in library!

• Anonymous August 21, 2012 at 1:49 am

I am a first year teacher. I have been busy setting up my room and was wondering where the alphabet signs with cursive writing came from. That would complete one component required for my classroom. I may also add that I love the way it looks.

• Kristen August 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Hi! Thank you! They are in my shops (there are some different handwriting options). Thanks again and best of luck with your first year!

• dillyw August 22, 2012 at 5:12 am

I love the black fabric I put up in my room! I purchased the flipped schedule signs too. What do you put up to show the time for each subject?

• Kristen August 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Hi! The time for our specials is the same each day and that's with our schedule. I will cut out some bright letters to put the days of the week for our specials, once I know our schedule for them.

• dillyw August 23, 2012 at 3:34 am

Thanks so much! I just keep going around my room changing everything…crazy, because I'm in my first week with kiddos! I do love the black with the bright colors!

• Anonymous August 24, 2012 at 2:01 am

Do you have your alphabet in a file to share?

nangel1023@yahoo.com

• Valerie M October 27, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I purchased your cursive alphabet and really like the "cheer" factor it adds to my 3rd grade classroom. Do you think you could update it with the words written in cursive? Since the students are anxious to learn cursive, I thought the labels should provide a model for them.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you!

• The beginning of ALLLL the due dates!! Our spring break is starting this weekend and I know I’m going to come back to a whirlwind of permission slips, forms, and project papers to keep up with!So I’ll be using these magnets to keep all of our due dates posted (and to save myself from the endless questions of when things are due!). If you’d like to see more about the magnets, please see the link in my profile (http://bit.ly/duedatemagnets)Are your due dates starting to intensify yet?#somuchtodo #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • My heart could just burst with happiness today. We’ve worked so hard as a community of readers this year to read as much as possible, in all the extra minutes we can find in our day.Today was our fourth grade Water Fair. The students had to present their projects in front of judges and wait patiently for the semifinals and then results...for several hours.It was a long morning for them.But I watched as so many happily pulled out their current reads while they waited, thrilled for all of the bonus reading time. ❤️❤️❤️ #fullheart #communityofreaders #readersgonnaread #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Giveaway Closed...congrats @ccbahr!I just listed a new resource that has really made a difference in our class.I’m sure I’m not alone in this...our list of due dates is HUGE right now!! So I’ve been keeping track of all our forms and assignments with these little magnets. They have been SO helpful for my students...and me, honestly (I can lose track of things so easily these days!). Would you like to win a set for your class? You can earn two entries by doing the following:1. Comment with an emoji that shows your feelings about due dates right now.2. Comment again and tag a friend for a second entry.I’ll announce the winning name later this evening! The link to this resource is in my profile if you’d like to see more about it (http://bit.ly/duedatemagnets)#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Magnet love!! 🧲❤️ I’ve been using these due date magnets to help organize our important papers and keep those deadlines posted for my students and (let’s be honest) me as well!Because this is the time of the year when so much is going on, so much is due...it becomes very easy for a teacher to get overwhelmed with projects, permission slips, order forms, and more!So now I post our papers, write the due date with a vis-a-vis marker and there it is...an easy-to-see visual reminder that keeps my class and I on track.I’ll share more from this board soon...we have some other resources that are keeping my fourth grade class a little more organized during this busy season!How do you like to keep track of due dates in your class?#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • My mind has been a jumble of thoughts this Sunday night, so I'm turning to google slides to help plan things out.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This week, for example, we need to work on a couple of our routines that have become less...routine. 😬⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This slide will give us a chance to have a chat and share strategies on keeping a clean workspace. Plus, it has visuals of how our tables should look, which is always a huge help!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this with your class before? I think it will be a great reminder for my students this week!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I may have experienced a momentary feeling of dread when I saw Monday’s date as I left yesterday. 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But...I absolutely ADORE these magnetic numbers. I learned about this awesome time-saver from @twoteachersinfifth (Brooke and Leah always have the best ideas!!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And seriously...this is the first time in my seventeen years of teaching I haven’t routinely forgotten to put the date on the board. It’s a student job to keep it updated...but even if my fourth graders occasionally forget, it just takes a moment for me to do.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I keep the numbers in a little photo storage box by the front whiteboard. The magnetic numbers are by Teacher Created and can be found on Amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZVQUS0K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_i0-NCb0HNXCA8)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I love how easy these numbers are to see from anywhere in our room...and of course the time they save!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachertimesaver #classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram