Bright and Clear Decor (Cursive Alphabet Line)

June 28, 2012

Bright and Clear Decor (Cursive Alphabet Line)

June 28, 2012
Hi everyone! I’ve been working on some new decor for my classroom this evening (after a lovely trip to the beach–first of the summer!!).
I’ve been trying to make my signs a bit more clean and clear to read for my ELL newcomers. I’m all into clean lines lately!! So, introducing…the Bright & Clear Decor series!
This cursive alphabet line is the first in the series…
The signs are a rounded square shape (for a little change from my usual circles) and measure approximately 7″ by 7″. They are listed in my Teachers Notebook shop for $3.00…please click on the green link if you would like to read more about them.
And please stay tuned for some more Bright & Clear Decor coming your way–in the form of some free files next time! For now, I would love to give away three copies of this Cursive Alphabet Line to the first three readers to leave a comment below, with their email. Thank you for stopping by!! 🙂

• Kshee23 June 28, 2012 at 11:26 pm

These are soooo cute! I love everything you've been sharing lately!

Kate
    dancinqueenks23@aol.com

• Allie June 28, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Love these! Perfect for my fourth graders!

Allison
    Ms.AllisonFree@gmail.com

• Life in Middle School June 28, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Ooh! These are beautiful!

Lauren
    Life in Middle School

• Mrs. Ryan June 28, 2012 at 11:29 pm

So cute… And clear 🙂
    Lisa
    Lryan@att.net

• Elizabeth June 28, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Those look great, Kristen. Glad you enjoyed a beach day! Well deserved.

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• Ms.M June 28, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Wow I was just posting and saw you did too! I run to comment and I am still too late. Darn. Oh well. It's ok cause I was going to ask if you were going to do some that weren't slanted. What do you think? 🙂

M

• Kristen June 28, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Hey girl! Do you mean manuscript instead of cursive? I can do that! I can't find your email anywhere–EMAIL ME!!! 🙂

• Ms.M June 28, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Yes, manuscript but also the Zaner-Blozer style. Jsut sent you an email. 😛

*Jokingly* I can't believe you lost my email! LOL J/k

M

• Lisa K June 29, 2012 at 12:03 am

Love these! I'll have to put them on my wishlist to buy later on! 🙂

• Mrs. Cupcake June 29, 2012 at 12:14 am

I. Love. These. And I went to the beach for the first time this summer today too!!! Great minds!! 🙂
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

• sydney June 29, 2012 at 12:19 am

You are so talented. Everything you do is gorgeous. As soon as I have a class and know what grade, I'll be shopping!

• mjfavre June 29, 2012 at 12:26 am

Love the cursive letters! So cute and clean!

Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

• Cassandra June 29, 2012 at 12:28 am

OOOhhhh These are beautiful! Can you do manuscript ones!!!
    Adventures in Room 5

• Kristen July 4, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Hi Cassandra, thank you!! I added some manuscript ones to the shop. 🙂

• Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron June 29, 2012 at 12:38 am

omgosh – those are SOOO stinkin' cute!!! you always amaze me with your stuff!!

• Ashley Kathleen June 29, 2012 at 12:38 am

Wow! Those look so great!!
    Glad you enjoyed the beach! =)

Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

• Courtney Bartlett June 29, 2012 at 12:43 am

These are amazing! I hope that you do some print ones because I would definitely buy them. Hope you had a great time at the beach!

Swimming into Second

• Lynn June 29, 2012 at 12:46 am

So cute! Love the bright colors! I would also be interested in some primary ones (Zaner-Boser) if you are taking requests!

• Brenda June 29, 2012 at 2:53 am

These are GORGEOUS!! I see you've already had requests for Zaner-Bloser….any hope for D'Nealian?

Primary Inspired

• Emily June 29, 2012 at 3:07 am

Thank you for creating these. Will definitely be going shopping at your store. 🙂

Emily
    I love my classroom

• Jonelle Bell June 29, 2012 at 3:32 am

Another vote for Zaner-Bloser:)
    Jonelle
    A Place Called Kindergarten

• Teresa June 29, 2012 at 4:43 am

Oh my goodness these are adorable!! How are you making these (program)? You are VERY talented!!

Teresa
    Teaching 3rd Grade

• Kristen July 4, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Hi Teresa, thanks!! Mostly PPT and a bit of Fireworks 🙂

• Greg June 29, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Love these!!! I vote for zaner-bloser too!!

Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

• Kristen June 29, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments!! I added a manuscript version to my shop 🙂

• Kimmie June 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Love these and I just put them in my cart on TN!

• Maria July 2, 2012 at 1:37 am

These are BEAUTIFUL. I teach K, so they aren't quite appropriate for my classroom, but I love them.

Maria
    Kinder-Craze

• Cynthia July 2, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I LOVE these! There are lots of us who would appreciate having them in D'Nealian if possible. Thank you for considering it!!!

• Kristen July 4, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I will try to do those next!

• Did you know that there are HUNDREDS of fonts to choose from in google drive?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I mean, there are times I really wish I could just upload one of my favorite fonts from my laptop. But then I visit the Google Fonts website.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it has 915 fonts to choose from!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀AND...you can add any of them to your google docs and slides!The Google Fonts site has all these great categories to help refine your search. You can even type right into the site to try out the different fonts (you can see an example in this first pic).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you find a font (or several!) you like, head into google docs. Click on the current font in your doc, then select “More fonts...” Type in the name of the fonts you’ve found...and then click on the font name when it pops up to add it to your font list.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now your new favorite fonts are right there in your google drive for future designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorite google fonts? Mine are Oswald and Century Gothic!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you like to use a certain color scheme in your google docs?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I always tend to use the same shades in my visuals for class...so I set up a file of my go-to colors. It’s very easy to do...and will save you lots of time in future google drive designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps, in case you’d like to capture your favorite hues for google!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open up a new slides file. Insert a table, and choose your favorite colors for each cell (to create a set of color swatches).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Name your file (I used “color swatches”) so you can find it quickly in the future.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Select your table and copy it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now, open up a new slides file or google doc. Click paste and your table will appear.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Delete your table. Even though the color swatches are gone, they are now stored in your custom colors selector. When you go to change your font color (or the cells and borders of a table) you will see all of your favorite colors under “custom” (swipe to see this in the last pic).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that’s it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hope some of you will be able to use this idea! It’s saved me lots of time in designing in my drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Ok, I learned something else new in google docs that I LOVE...even more than default margins!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can set a default font!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So I tend to go with Century Gothic for everything in class...usually paired with a bold font for headings (Oswald is my favorite!). But every time I start a new doc, I have to take the time to make these font changes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, it turns out you can set a default font (and color) of your choice in two simple steps! It can only be one font...but at least it will save some time!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open a new doc and type a word with the font/color combo you would like as your default font. Highlight the text you just typed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then, go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal text' to match.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then go back to the Format menu and choose Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles. (Swipe to see pics of all these steps if you prefer a visual!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it! Now when you open a new google doc, you will see your favorite font, all ready for you to start designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know that you can set default margins in Google Docs? I never realized until the other day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It drives me CRAZY when I open up a new doc and there's all that extra space at the top! I'm constantly reconfiguring the margins when I make a new doc. But it turns out you can set your favorite margin settings (because everyone has favorite margin settings, right?) and set it as a default.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it’s very easy to do!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Go to File, then Page Setup. Enter the margins you would like, then click the "Set as Default" button.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your next docs will open with this new setting from now on! Such a time-saver!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(Am I the only one who didn't know this?) 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • "This is so fun!" I got to hear some of my favorite words over and over during math today. And it was all thanks to  @adventuresofmssmith_ and @teachinginroom6!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀These clever ladies shared an awesome idea for solving some mundane math problems (multi-digit multiplication and long division review for us today) while building index card towers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup was so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made 30 review problems and numbered the cards. Then I highlighted the cards with a quick swipe to color code them (thanks to @teachinginroom6 for the color-coding idea!). The simpler problems were pink and could earn one index card when solved correctly. The more complex problems were yellow and could earn two index cards...and the most difficult problems were green and worth three index cards.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My students worked in small groups and showed me their cards as they solved them. Some showed a couple of cards at a time, others solved everything first before "cashing in" (as they called it 😂).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were completely engaged and working as teams for the whole math block...it was great! And they are already asking when we can do this again.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #iteachmath #multiplication #division #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many field trips does your class go on each year?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We go on four (five some years 😬) and field trip season is just starting up now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to keep a checklist of our different trips to keep track of forms, money, and chaperones. I color-code each trip with a different flair pen if the trips are back-to-back (we are visiting our state capital this week and heading to the ymca for water safety next week!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This checklist is from my Instant Checklists resource...it has a hundred lists, ready to go, just enter your students’ names once. Please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more! (http://bit.ly/instantchecklists)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you going on a field trip soon?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #tpt #teacherspayteachers #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram