My Circle Cutter–and Special Signs to Share!

June 29, 2012

My Circle Cutter–and Special Signs to Share!

June 29, 2012

My very sweet friend Elizabeth (from Fun in Room 4B) has just introduced a new weekly linky party! It’s called Fabulous Find Friday and we are invited to link up a favorite find we just can’t live without. I’m so excited…I can’t wait to see all of the awesome items everyone shares!

So. I know I’ve mentioned this in the past, but my circle cutter is something I use a LOT when decorating my classroom…and I couldn’t get by without it! It’s a silly little thing, but it really does make my decorating life so much easier…

All I have to do is print out circle shapes, line them up on the cutter, and make a cut (just a bit smaller than the actual shape itself, so the outline doesn’t show). I really love it! It cuts such clean and perfect circles (plus it saves my hand from the pain of cutting with scissors!). I found mine on Amazon last year.

I adore it…I could really write an ode to my circle cutter. But I’ll spare you.

Instead…

In celebration of all my fellow round-shaped-label fans, I’m sharing some Specials Signs below. Here’s a little preview:

I remember (back when I shared special signs last summer) that some of you lovelies had Computers instead of Health, so I threw that sign in there too–hope you guys can use these!

Most of the clipart is by Maree Truelove (don’t you adore her work??) and the computer and book clipart I made this morning πŸ™‚

If you would like to download this file, please click here (it’s listed for free in my TN shop).

But before you do anything of that, please head over to check out (and link up with!) Elizabeth’s…

• Lisa at Fourth and Ten June 29, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this! I bought a circle cutter at Hobby Lobby today, but I'm not crazy about it. I think I just might be returning it for this! I love that you can adjust the circle!
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!
    Formerly Stories From Second

• Kristen June 29, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I'm happy it could help Lisa…I love how it adjusts too πŸ™‚

• Ms.M June 29, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Just saw these in your shop and had to jump on here to read your new post. BTW, I bought this same circle cutter last year, after you mentioned it. I love it too, but I have one question. What do you cut on? I have been using cardboard but I get the feeling I should be using something else.

M

• Kristen June 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Hey! I got a glass mat to cut on (it was recommended on its listing, I think). I forgot to mention that, I was thinking it came with it, but I must have purchased it separately.

• Ms.M June 29, 2012 at 10:27 pm

A glass cutter what a fabulous idea!!! I'll have to pick one up. Thanks. πŸ™‚

M

• Dana Lester July 4, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I use a .98 cutting board from Walmart. It works great! I love this cutter and have the same one!
      Dana

• Lisa R. June 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm

I never thought of a circle cutter before!! It sounds like something great to have. I'm thinking of all of the possibilities of things that I can make with it. I think I'll have to pick one up!! :)Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

• Ginger Snaps June 29, 2012 at 10:26 pm

LOVE! As usual!

• Emily June 29, 2012 at 10:37 pm

All your circles have made such a big difference in my square classroom. =) Thanks for sharing!

Emily

• ~Stephanie Moorman June 30, 2012 at 12:04 am

Loving all the circles Kristen! Your room must be so awesome to be in!!!

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Elizabeth June 30, 2012 at 12:27 am

Do you know what is hilarious? I am reading this while holding my scissors in my hands ready to cut a circle out. I'm not lying. I'll show you on Tara's Monday Made It next week πŸ™‚

Kristen~Thanks so much for linking up and sharing this great find. This is exactly why I wanted to create this linky. I need this great find, obviously (see above).

Off to Amazon.

Then again, this might be dangerous……

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• Liliris June 30, 2012 at 12:58 am

I could definitaly use one of those circle cutters. I've never see one before. Thanks for sharing@

Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

• Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron June 30, 2012 at 2:04 am

oooh – those are much better than the hole puncher thingies…and my cameo won't work because I have to have th paper lined up JUST right! lol

• Heather (TeacherBug) June 30, 2012 at 2:37 am

These are SO cute! I cannot wait to use them in my classroom this year. πŸ™‚

• Mrs. Scoma June 30, 2012 at 3:32 am

I just bought a Martha Stewart circle cutter, but haven't used it yet. Your signs might be the perfect things to start with! πŸ™‚ thanks!
    ~ Laura

• Amy Alvis June 30, 2012 at 3:35 am

These are so cute! I used your other signs this past year and the students were always fighting over who got to change the specials sign.

• Jennifer Tilton June 30, 2012 at 3:42 am

Thank you for sharing. Yes, I do like that clip art. It is always nice to find another source.
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

• Chrissy June 30, 2012 at 4:30 am

Love your round signs!
    _Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

• Allison Mathews June 30, 2012 at 11:08 am

Thanks for sharing! A circle cutter is now on my wish list! Just found your blog and am so happy to be your newest follower! πŸ™‚
    Allison

• oh' boy June 30, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I need one of those circle cutters!!! I must put that on my list of things I must have for next year!!! and thanks for the FREEBIE… LOVE IT!!!

• Lisa K June 30, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Thank you so much for these! If you have time, I have Performing Arts as a special as well. Is there anyway to get that added in? I would love to have a complete set! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful creations!

Lisa

• My Life As A 4th Grade Teacher June 30, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I love this cutter. I am new to blogging and your newest follower. I can't wait to read other posts you have to share! πŸ™‚

• Annie Moffatt July 1, 2012 at 12:09 am

I think you are fantastic!! Along with your pictures!! You make me want to buy a circle cutter:)

• Miss Dennis July 1, 2012 at 1:00 am

Thanks for sharing! I hate to ask, but would you be willing to add "Writing," "Science," and "Counseling" to the set?

Notes From Miss Dennis

• Dawn July 1, 2012 at 2:46 am

I love that you posted this! I just got mine about a week ago. I have no trouble cutting with it, but I have a TERRIBLE time lining up pre-printed circles. Any advice? πŸ™‚

• hmichaud July 1, 2012 at 2:48 am

Thank you so much for sharing your great ideas! I always look forward to checking out what new ideas have been shared. I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Stop on by my blog to pick up your award: http://cantmakethisstuffup-hmichaud.blogspot.com/

• Kristen,

I love looking at your blog and keeping up with you. I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award. Head on over to my blog to pick it up.

• Kate July 1, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Thank you for posting about your circle cutter! I've been wanting to buy one! Your specials labels are adorable!!! My "need to print" file is becoming very large because of you! πŸ˜‰

Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

• Misty July 1, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Hi everyone! I am a total blog newbie. How do I link up to a party? I love the circle cutter, by the way! I am currently on the search for my own! Thank you for all of your great ideas and the cute labels! Love them!

• Kate July 1, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Hi Misty! Welcome to blogland! It's really easy to link up. Just click on the Fabulous Find Friday button to be taken to where the linky party is being hosted. Look for the blue "add your link" button over there. Then, link up the blog post from your own blog where you have written about your fabulous find!

Kate
      EduKate and Inspire

• Misty July 3, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Thank you!!! πŸ™‚

• Where Seconds Count July 1, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Okay, you did it again, one more thing on my "To Do/To Buy" list! HaHa. I checked out the circle cutter at Amazon. It's on SALE! I should be getting mine in the mail soon. πŸ™‚
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

• Denicia July 2, 2012 at 1:13 am

Alright, I know this may be totally random, but I was wondering what type of printer you use. Your pictures always look so nice and crisp!! I'm in the market for a new printer, so any light you could shed would be fantastic!

TIA!!!

• Kristen July 4, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Hi! It's a HP Officejet 6000 and I love it so much I got the EXACT same one when I finally killed my old one (what a surprise that my printer died, huh??). Thanks for visting! πŸ™‚

• luckeyfrog July 2, 2012 at 2:06 am

I love, love, love these signs! They are so colorful and clean.

Thank you so much for sharing them!

Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

• Anonymous July 2, 2012 at 2:16 am

Thanks for the signs! They are so cute! Could you add a Character Ed sign, please? Thank you! Jenny

• Traci July 2, 2012 at 7:22 am

I keep telling myself I need to get a circle cutter… I'm so glad you recommended one!
    ❀Dragonflies in First ❀

• Sandie July 2, 2012 at 10:28 pm

What a fun idea. I do NOT like cutting circles for games or decor unless I MUST do it… This is such a great way to make it easy and fun for me! lol πŸ™‚

Oh… I want to let you and your readers know about a giveaway happening on my blog. Click here: http://www.LittleLearningLovies.com to find it. It's for educational printables from the Little Learning Lovies store. I hope to see you there!

And thanks for this great share today. I'm off to Amazon! lol

• Bright Concepts 4 Teachers July 3, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Love the labels! Thank you! I can't wait to add circles to my very straight lined classroom.It will be fun!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

• Jessica Heeren July 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm

The signs are incredibly cute! I just made mine….but it makes me want to redo them!! πŸ™‚

Jessica
    Mrs. Heeren's Happenings

• My Life As A 4th Grade Teacher July 5, 2012 at 1:42 pm

This is an awesome cutter! I read about this when you posted it and so I went out and bought it. I use to dread making circles even though I love them so much as well. I just added your link on this post to my post about a fabulous find. You are awesome and have inspired me to add some of your great ideas I have read about into my class this year!

• Kristen July 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm

oh thank you!! I'm so happy you like it πŸ™‚ I've been using mine all week!!!

• Rachel Lamb July 5, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I LOVE love the clean looks you are doing! I tend to get cramped and too crafty sometimes! What font did you use. I want to make a Drama one, too and want it to match!
    Thanks for the freebie
    Rachel

• Tarez July 6, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Soooo cute! I have a huge favor to ask. Can you make a sign for a SCIENCE special?

• Kristen July 7, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Thank you so much Tarez!! I am working on schedule cards that will match these–hopefully will be adding them to my shop this weekend!

• Allyson July 7, 2012 at 11:31 am

I just love these and only wish you had Spanish in the mix too!

• Kristen July 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I'm sorry Allyson, I don't currently offer that option! Thank you for visiting!

• Mrs. P July 24, 2012 at 4:01 am

Hi! I just discovered these adorable specials signs! I know this a long shot.. but would you be willing to add another sign to this file. I will be a first year teacher this year and my school has Spanish as a special. I would be willing to pay you for it.. I'm just desperate and thought I'd ask because I love those graphics SO SO much! Just let me know!

Thanks!

Ashley
    That's So Second Grade

• Tricia R July 24, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Hi Kristen, is there a way to save the file after I buy some of your downloads so that I can put them in powerpoint and change the wording to Spanish. I really love all your signs but I have a dual langage classroom. I need the signs in both languages.

• Tricia R July 24, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I forgot to add that after I changed the wording I would gladly send you back a copy of them in Spanish so that you could post them on your web site if you would like.

• Lori Marluk July 27, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I am in love with these signs! I am new to the blogging world (actually block stalker) and I would love to have daily schedule cards just like these. Are those still in the works and do you take requests if you don't have all the ones I need? Thanks so much!
    My email
    Is CLRMB5L@gmail.com

• t-meyer@hotmail.com July 31, 2012 at 1:32 am

I LOVE your signs and have printed them off, was just wondering if there was a way to change one to Strings with a picture of a violin? That is the only one I am missing.

• Kristen July 31, 2012 at 4:14 am

I'm sorry, I really wish I could but I am prepping things for my classroom right now! I apologize again!

• SC Teacher 28 August 27, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I love your signs! I can't wait to use them in my classroom! Thanks for sharing them with us!

I also ordered a circle cutter. I can't wait to get it!

Joni