Optimum Organization: a Scanning App!

1. Sarah Adams says:

Wow! I want an iPad now. (Like I didn't before??) That is fantastic! I will have to look around on my iPhone to see if there are any scanning apps there. Scanning your PD notes is a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing and hosting this linky party!

Sarah
    Miss A's Kindergarten

2. We have a scanner app on our phones and LOVE it!! We have used it for so many things!! It is so handy in the classroom to remember projects and activities kiddos have completed. We love how you can use it to keep multiple pictures together in one file, then email it. We are sure it is even better to use on the iPad because of the bigger screen…like your idea to keep articles to read. It's a great idea!

🙂 Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

3. Miss B. says:

I. love. this.! My goal this summer is to scan in all my files and put together a digital file cabinet vs. the disaster I have going on now. Thanks!! 🙂

Real Teachers Learn

4. Oh I love that scanner app! What a great idea to use for meetings! I am SO tired of the paper clutter!

Carmen Zeisler

Exploring Elementary
    Fourth Grade

5. Great idea Kristen! I'm definitely going to check this app out.

Swimming into Second

6. Elizabeth says:

We were just talking about this at school yesterday! We needed to scan something (and nobody's scanner is working properly because we just upgraded our computers and the scanners are no longer compatible). So, I suggested taking a picture with the iPad. But, the quality wasn't that great. I think this app would be a little better. It looks more crisp than just taking a photo. Going to check it out right now! Thanks for the perfect organizational tip 🙂

Elizabeth

7. This is AWESOME! I have a mile-high pile of papers that need to have something done with them, and this is a great option. I hate my file cabinet and have been trying to move to binders or toss things entirely. This is a great option for those things that I need, but don't need to be in a binder. I would love to get to the point where I don't even need those, but in terms of sharing with colleagues, I still need hard copies of some things. I have a long-term paperless goal, but I'm not there yet!

8. Corinna says:

Thanks so much for sharing Kristen! I will be checking this out today!

Aloha,
    Corinna

9. Brandi says:

This is great for decluttering! That's one of my organizational goals this year too!

Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

10. Thanks for sharing…going to check this out!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

11. Definitely getting this! Thanks for the post!

x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

12. Great idea…I have been looking for a good scanning app. It looks like you have done the leg work for me. Thanks! I'll check it out.
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

13. Tamera Anne says:

What a great idea! I've been scanning my files to get rid of paper and throwing them away but I've barely made a dent in my file cabinet! This will be SOOOOO much easier! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

14. Raye says:

Oh my word! That is the best app ever!! I am with everyone else, this app would definitely help me keep up with clutter! I would no longer need to keep paper copies of ANYTHING (even parent communications) because I could just scan them. Off to purchase!!

15. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing. We have google tablets at my school and I bet I could do the same thing with our document camera, no app needed. You just gave me a great idea!

-Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

16. Molly says:

What a neat app! I've never heard of it before, but I definitely need to cut down some of my paper clutter! And I have the same problem with misplacing papers!! 🙂

Molly

17. U of M says:

How do you go about printing them once they are on the Ipad then if you need them? I really want to get rid of as much paper as possible this summer!

Sarah

18. Oh my. I'm not sure I can handle scanning all of my paperwork. It takes a good bit of time I'm sure. My problem is that I don't always look through my saved documents (like when I'm lesson planning) so I end up recreating stuff or just not using things because I never looked (because I just forget). I like this idea, though. Does it save as a jpeg?

I definitely think it would be great to use for all of the fluff, I mean stuff, that we get from faculty meetings and staff development instead of it sitting in file folders or binders that we never look through again.

:O)
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

19. Ms.M says:

This is BRILLIANT. thank you for sharing lv.
    Mels

20. I was actually browsing cool ipad apps to help me with classroom organization and came across this app earlier today! The gears began turning for all the things I could use this app for. I did not think about all of the packets we get for professional development! What a great idea! I was thinking about scanning lessons by the 9 weeks. So that instead of having 4 binders full of the lessons that I used, I would have folders in dropbox. Then of course there is that handy app that allows you to print wirelessly from your ipad! Thanks for sharing!
    Jenea

21. Matt Sutton says:

This is great. thanks for the app suggestion. It will be used.

matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

22. U of M says:

I think I am going to use the Dropbox idea. I have misc. worksheets from Mailbox and all types of things that I don't want in binders anymore.