Gradebook App Love! (iDoceo)

1. Ohmagoodness- this is amazing!! You had me at color-coding and icons 😉 😉

Thanks for such a great recommendation- I will definitely be checking this out ASAP!! Using my iPad may actually get me excited about grading 🙂

~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

• Kristen says:

Oh I owe YOU a big thank you for everything you shared the other day Stephanie!

And, oddly enough, it does actually make me want to grade everything!!

2. Elizabeth says:

What a great app! I love how versatile it can be. The color coding did it for me. That and the fact that you can add anecdotal records and notes sold me on this app.

I see an "Elizabeth" 🙂 I like her average, too!

Thanks for giving us the low-down.

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

3. Lita Lita says:

WOW! I am starting to need an ipad in my classroom. 😉

• Kristen says:

Hey Lita! Ya, I wasn't sure how much I would use it at first and I was nervous about spending the money but my iPad has helped me manage so many aspects of my teaching!! I'm giving you excuses to get one! 🙂

4. Love, love, love!!! I've been trying to find a good app like this. Thanks for the great review! 🙂

5. This was a wonderful review!!! It is not even that much money. Do you know if you are able to print out "progress reports" to send home??

Thanks so much for making this so thorough and pretty!!

Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

• Kristen says:

oh thank you Julie, what a nice thing to say! I know they can be emailed to parents and I just read that they are working on an individual report format. That would be great, wouldn't it? Thanks again! 🙂

6. Wow THIS IS AMAZING! Can't wait to go and download it! Excited to start using it! 🙂

7. Runde's Room says:

Hmmmmm … One guess what I'm going to check out right now … 😉

8. Jess says:

Pretty cool! Your district doesn't provide you with online grading already? We have a program called ProgressBook where we input all attendance,grades, progress reports, and report cards. I don't really love the program but the district requires we use it. This looks way easier to use and more organized! Love how it is colored coded and how you can use it on your iPad to check homework!
    Rambling About Reading

9. Diana Craun says:

Do you use an online program through your district to report your grades such as progressbook? Just curious if you were going to do both.

• Kristen says:

We enter our grades digitally for report cards, but we don't currently have a system to track our grades. I don't think I would do both otherwise. This is way better for me 'cause until I found this I was recording on paper.

10. I have searched the app store and it says none found. Is it called something else?

11. Sydney Cohn says:

We too have electronic grading and we can pull up reports through it. If I didn't have it, I would SO use this. I do love the homework feature. I will have to look into if it can be synced.
    Thanks for sharing, Kristen.

12. I LOVE this–thank you for sharing. I have to admit buying more apps than I end up using. It's my iPad learning curve–live and learn. I'm going to have to check this out, and it's perfect timing as I'm doing conferences this week and we're on to our new marking period. I'm glad you're enjoying your iPad 🙂

13. MicZ says:

This is really great! Have you found a planbook that you happen to use on the ipad? That's a big one that my teammate and I just can't seem to find one that we really like. Thanks for the info today!

14. OMG!! This is a most awesome looking app!! I bow down to you for finding it and sharing it!! I'm SO going to buy it NOW!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kristen!

15. Raye says:

Off to spend some $… 🙂

We have been piloting PowerSchool (only about 8 of our schools are on the pilot) but it's buggy right now. This app looks so amazing! I'm going to have to give it a try!

16. Janie Fahey says:

At our school we use Edmodo, which is a free resource for your computer and ipad, phone, etc. It has a gradebook. We also set it up so the kids have access. They can check their grade/progress for each subject and they have access to folders we set up for links, docs, etc. It's a great resource – and FREE!

17. Sarah Lane says:

This app is "APP"solutly fantastic! I e-mailed the link to your post to our technology instructional coach and our entire admin team. Our K-2 is 1:1 with iPads and the rest of the school will be after state testing! Thank you so much for such a detailed review!

18. I am responding very late. Sorry!

This looks so great!

Our district does grades online- parents can see each grade entered. yay. :O/
    Then our report cards are run from what we entered. It can be good that parents are kept up to speed but not so much when they want grades entered daily (which isn't going to happen).

I like this idea for tracking homework and stuff though! As always, thanks for sharing!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

19. Anne Smock says:

I downloaded this about a month ago, then my iPad was stolen. When I received my new one, I reloaded and started inputting information. We have an online grading system too, but I LOVE this app! It allows me to enter homework grades and immediately send emails to parents if the student did not complete their assignment. I can then later enter grades online for the week, versus individually. I usually give 5 points for homework completed on-time, 3 points if partially completed, and 0 points if nothing was completed. The immediate feedback helps me stay on-top of students without added work after school or during prep. I usually type one message, copy it, then I can paste into assignment notes for other students with little time/effort. I learned some things from your post! Thank you!

20. ok–I bought this last night and blame you for the fact that I went to bed so late getting it set up 😉 I can't wait to try it. What sold me over other similar apps is of course your recommendation, but also the fact that you can annotate with photos, video and audio. I've been doing that on Evernote, but it's becoming a hot mess. I love that I can make a separate class for a book club, then record their conversation instead of scribing it, then make plans for them based on that. I also love that I can take a quick picture of a student's work if I want to read it later, vs. carrying their notebook home. Love, love. Oh, and the seating chart? So cool. When I want to move their desks I have a hard time visualizing, and this can really help. Thank you again!

21. Heidi Sproul says:

I love love love this app!!! I found it a few days ago and I've been playing around with it.

I also love my ipad mini! I've had it for a couple weeks and I agree, I don't know how I ever taught with out it.

22. isewell says:

If there were ever a reason to buy an iPad – this is it! After reading your blog post, I researched this app. It looks great and the posts above mine seem to be more reasons to buy that iPad and the Doceo app. Thanks for reporting on this!

23. Anonymous says:

Congratulations on a massive milestone.

24. Mel says:

Wow! What a great resource! I have been using LearnBoost which is an online gradebook and I really enjoyed it, though I did have to do some modifying because my school grades on a scale of 1-4, not letter grades. I had to play around with it, but it was pretty successful. I'm excited to check out this app though!

Mel