Tutorial: Watermarking Photos with your Blog Button

February 3, 2013

Tutorial: Watermarking Photos with your Blog Button

February 3, 2013
Hello everyone! Today I wanted to share a quick tutorial on watermarking your photos and preview images…with your blog button!
It’s a great way to brand your photos and really make them stand out on Pinterest.
There are many programs that can be used to do this, but I will stick with our friend Powerpoint today…since so many of us have access to it.
Here are the steps:
Step One
Open a new file in Powerpoint.
Step Two
 Go to Insert and choose Picture.
Step Three
Make any adjustments to the picture you would like, such as sizing.
Step Four
Just as you did in Step Two, insert a picture…this time choose your button.
Step Five
Arrange your button as you would like it to appear on the image.
Step Six
Select both the image and your blog button.
Step Seven
 Right-click on the screen and choose Save as Picture.
And that’s it! You will now have a watermarked image, all branded with your logo…
Helpful Hint: You may want to save the file you create in Powerpoint. That way, you can just add additional slides to Powerpoint and copy and paste your button onto each new image…to save a few additional steps in the future.

I hope this was of some help if you are looking to try something similar! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

• Kelley Cirrito February 3, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Thanks for the help!!! I hope you have a great weekend!!!

• Miss Nelson February 3, 2013 at 5:55 pm

great tip 🙂 I always forget to watermark my photos

• Libby February 3, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Oh how I've missed Ladybug 101 tutorials 😉 Thanks 🙂
    ☼Libby
    First Grade Dual

• Across the Hall February 3, 2013 at 5:56 pm

What a great tutorial…I especially like the last part about saving the images as a file to copy and paste the button! Love all your tips!

Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

• Ms. Richards February 3, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I was just wondering how to do this. You must have read my mind! (Hahaha)

Krystyn

Ms. Richards's Musings
    msrichardssmusings@gmail.com

• Laurie February 3, 2013 at 6:12 pm

This is great and easy to follow. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie

• Katie and Steve February 3, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I secretly want to be you!

• Beverley Baird February 3, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing it.

• Katie Smith February 3, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Thanks so much for the tip!
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

• mrsyoung February 3, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Thank you! This looks much nicer than just the text. Great idea for organizing blog photos, too!

Hokieteach.blogspot.com

• Collaboration Cuties February 3, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Thank you!! You are so sweet to share tricks of the trade!

Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

• ~DeAnne~ February 3, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Awesome—I heart you! 🙂

ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

• Kristi Luckenbaugh February 3, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Your tips are so very helpful! Thanks for sharing! Come by and check out my blog when you have a minute. 🙂

Kristi
    Lucky In Learning

• Lita Lita February 3, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I always enjoy your tutorials 🙂

• Elizabeth February 3, 2013 at 10:35 pm

This is so much easier than trying to do it in Adobe Photoshop. Duh…why didn't I transition to this a long time ago? Thanks for the always clever hints, Kristen 🙂

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• The Wild Rumpus February 4, 2013 at 12:41 am

Your tutorials are always so helpful. I always forget to do anything to my pics before I post, and I'm realizing more and more how important it is to copyright them in some way. This is great–thank you!

• Anonymous February 4, 2013 at 12:57 am

Thanks for the great tip! Can't wait to try it out!

Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

• Paula Shaw February 4, 2013 at 9:49 am

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. Paula from shawpaula.blogspot.com

• AMC February 4, 2013 at 11:47 am

Thanks for this tip. I know you are not a DJ but I was wondering if you take requests – for your tutorials??? I am looking for some helpful tips on adding my name/blog address to TpT products. I tried the footer but it is too high – do I just have to go through slide by slide and readjust.

Looking From Third to Fourth

• Ms.M February 4, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I know how to do this but I LOVE your tutorial anyway. 🙂
    Melissa

• Sarah February 5, 2013 at 1:16 am

Loving this tutorial, thank you! So simple, but something I hadn't thought of doing, I will now.

Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

• Hooty February 5, 2013 at 3:13 am

I know how to add watermarks but it never occurred to me to add a watermark graphic! DOH! Thank you so much for sharing.

Hooty
    Hooty's Homeroom

• Amy Swan February 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I love your tutorials!! I'm just getting started in blogland and you are a goldmine of tips! Thank you.

Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

• Julie Pieprzyk February 8, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I never knew you could save a powerpoint as an image! I guess we learn something new everyday and that is what I love about the blogging world. I am now your newest follower!!

Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

• Teresa Gregorio February 26, 2013 at 1:51 am

Wow, your blog is so organized and informational. I absolutely love it!

• Amanda Kay February 26, 2013 at 2:31 am

How do you create the button that you used to watermark? Did you create that on Powerpoint as well?

• Kristen February 26, 2013 at 3:22 am

Hi Amanda, no I designed it as part of the blog design I have. Thanks for reading!

• I’ve been reading, watching, listening, and trying to learn. I realize this alone is not enough. I want to speak but I am always afraid my words are not the right ones. But even if speaking is not my strength, I know I can take more action and this is what I will do. I'm grateful for everyone who is sharing actions we can take right away.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Thank you to @thedesignerteacher for sharing this image...Sarah has shirts with the same design and all proceeds go to @aclu_nationwide. #blacklivesmatter
    • How’s it going with your classroom cleanup? I had a two hour block the other day and will have a whole day next week to do more. It’s surreal. Hope you are all doing well ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#distancelearning #remotelearning #missmystudents #missmyclassroom #iteachfourth #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Not one thing worked today. Not zoom. Not google meet. Two weeks to go and I am missing my classroom more than ever!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
How much distance learning do you have left??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#distancelearning #remotelearning #notmyfavorite #missmystudents #andmyclassroom
    • Google drive shortcuts at a glance!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I know I shared these in a pdf the other day but I wanted to show another way to display these little time-savers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I split them into two files and resized them so they could stay at the top of my drive as a reference point...no need to open anything, just a couple of mini reference charts!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you would like to try the same, please click the link in my profile to grab a copy or visit: bit.ly/shortcutsataglance
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
They are in one google slide together. To view them separately, make a second copy of the file and delete the first slide. Now you will have two google slides you can keep at the top of your drive.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I hope you can use them! I can't get enough of them!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #distancelearning #distanceteaching #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I'm LOVING these time-saving shortcuts for google drive!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I compiled some of my favorite shortcuts that have eliminated a lot of double-clicking on items...as well as right-clicking and selecting from a drop down menu. These things can get pretty tedious when you are trying to move quickly, right? Especially with the amount of time we are working in google drive during distance learning!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The first set of shortcuts will work on anything you have selected in your drive. So if you select a doc, you can simply click one of these letters/symbols and be on your way.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The second set features a faster way to open up new docs, slides, sheets, and more. For these shortcuts, simply click the shift key along with the letter shown in the chart. So much faster than the traditional way!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I made a pdf of these shortcuts...you can save the file in your drive or even print a copy if you would like. Please see the link in my profile or visit: bit.ly/googledriveshortcutschart
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I hope they help save you some time during distance learning!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Which one do you think will be the most handy? My two favorites right now are the renaming shortcut and the share shortcut!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googledocs #distancelearning #distanceteaching #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Who else loves a good shortcut??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I seriously LOVE shortcuts. It may sound like such a small thing, but a one-click shortcut saves SO much time rather than double-clicking or right-clicking and selecting from a drop down menu.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
But just one little click? Then you are on your way in an instant!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And these google shortcuts are just that...lovely, one-click shortcuts!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are some of my favorites I started using last year...and now with all this distance learning I have found them to be so valuable as I navigate my google drive:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Open a folder or document: click letter o
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Rename a folder or document: click letter n
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Preview a document: click letter p
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Share a document: click the dot symbol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And that's all! Select any folder or document you are working on, click on of these letters/symbols, and you are on your way to the next step in your work!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I have a few more shortcuts to share and would love to put them together in a document that can be saved/printed...can anyone use this? Let me know and I will share it tomorrow!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Happy shortcutting!! And, more importantly, happy weekend my friends!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googledocs #teachertimesaver #distancelearning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram