Making the Grade! Poster

February 5, 2013

Making the Grade! Poster

February 5, 2013
Hi! I’m joining up with my friend Tara for her famous linky…
Ok, so I don’t have a ton of things made (have you seen how many amazing things Tara can crank out?!) but I do have something new that I would like to share with you!
I’ve been working on having (sounds awkward, too tired to edit) more rubrics and examples of work displayed on our bulletin board. My students have rubrics in their binders…but I really think they are more powerful when displayed in a place where we can reference them frequently.
So I’ve started with a little Making the Grade sign for this area, our district’s grading scale, and grading codes that correlate directly to our report cards (I’m using these codes on my students’ papers…for instance Reader’s Responses get both a reading grade and a writing grade and are coded R and W…not my original idea, I learned about it online at a wonderful blog I cannot find again!).
I’m going to add work samples next, such as a math homework paper filled out completely, displaying all calculations and work.
It’s one of those things I feel like I should have done a long time ago, but I just never thought of having it on display!
So, I do have the sign to share, in case you’d like to use it for your own bulletin board. Just click on the image below to download…

Do you keep a display like this? Or do you have a different way of sharing rubrics and grading with your students?

• Courtney February 6, 2013 at 12:21 am

Love this idea Kristen! We don't have to post our grading scales (probably because I teach at a primary school) but I think this would work for kids who have mastered their math facts or got a 100 on a test. Thanks so much!

Swimming into Second

• Angela Griffith February 6, 2013 at 12:23 am

I love your sign, thanks for sharing!! I think I could use it for K, we're working on counting to 100, etc.

Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

• Sydney Cohn February 6, 2013 at 2:10 am

I have been dying for some cute rubrics for independent reading and writing and for reading and math workshop. I'd love something like this to put up in a nice inobtrusive way – if you ever feel like sharing your file of the rubric, I would love it.

• Elizabeth February 6, 2013 at 2:13 am

I love the sign, Kristen! This is such a smart idea, too πŸ™‚

• Reagan Tunstall February 6, 2013 at 3:49 am

You are amazingly great at making things POP right out and grab us! I LOVE this!

• Mrs Cupcake February 6, 2013 at 4:48 am

Another adorable sign!! I second what Reagan said!! πŸ™‚
    ❀Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

• 4321Teach February 6, 2013 at 5:10 am

This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚
    Antoinette

• Ms.M February 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Hmmmm, I started using rubrics with my 2nd/3rd grade group this year. I hadn't displays them but you've inspired me to. I'll give it a try. πŸ™‚ How can I resist a cute sign?
    Melissa

• Tara February 6, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Cute, crisp, organized, and fun! All you!!! Thanks for linking up:) Love it:)

4th Grade Frolics

• YoungTeacherLove February 7, 2013 at 3:55 am

Adorable as always! Thank you for sharing!

YoungTeacherLove 5th Grade Blog

• Courtney February 7, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Do you have the grading scale available as an editable download? My room is decked out in your stuff and I am always trying to "match" EVERYTHING to it! πŸ™‚

Courtney
    courtni_con@hotmail.com

• Collaboration Cuties February 8, 2013 at 1:57 am

You must be part photographer because your photos always look amazing! (Unlike my shaky blurry shots…). Maybe you'll give us lessons on that too? ;O) Just kidding!! But I do love your photos!! :O)

Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

• Leslie February 10, 2013 at 6:01 am

Love it! I have been on a kick in my classroom about what quality work looks like… nothing better than posting examples of it around the room. Reading this post made me hit my head and say "duh" πŸ™‚ Thanks for all your wonderful work… I'll be making this board this week as well πŸ™‚

Leslie