Testing Sign!

September 30, 2012

Testing Sign!

September 30, 2012
Happy Sunday everyone!! I hope you’ve all had a lovely fall weekend!
We will be starting state testing tomorrow morning (we currently test on the previous year of learning, though that will be changing in the future).
So…I made a new sign for our door and wanted to share it with you, in case you can use it at some point this year.
It can be downloaded for free in either of my shops…

I’ll be laminating and saving this sign since we also have assessments for our English Language Learners in the late winter.

When do you have testing?

• Lita Lita September 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm

We have tests every two weeks! Starting tomorrow, Beautiful sign!

• Anonymous September 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm

All the time – it seems like that is all we do!!! AIMS Web, F&P, vocabulary, running records etc for first grade!!!

• Kimberly Santana September 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm

ALL.THE.DANG.TIME! It seems never ending!! Love the sign, it's too cute- as always.

Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

• Ms.M September 30, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I love this! Thank you. BTW, I am so going to share with the rest of my school. 🙂

M

• 4321Teach September 30, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Love the sign! Looks much better than the Microsoft clipart version they give us.
    Testing in the fall on the previous year, hopefully it's not a state assessment! We take district assessments 3 times a year, in reading and math. We take a Science and Social Studies district assessment at the end of each year. Our state assessment is in April. Happy its the end of April for this school year. Buys me more time to teach after Spring Break.

EmilyK

• YoungTeacherLove September 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm

We do our assessments on students' learning from the previous year as well, and our assessments are in 2 weeks. We have been prepping for them since the first day of school. This sign will be PERFECT!! Thanks so much sharing Kristen! 🙂

YoungTeacherLove 5th Grade Blog

• Katie Smith September 30, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Darling . . . as usual! I love your style! Thanks so much for all the amazing things you share for free!
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

• Traci October 1, 2012 at 12:04 am

We seem to always have assessments going on…. but we don't assess prior year stuff… that sounds like a lot of extra work!
    Thanks for the sign. It's gorgeous. As always!
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

• Ximena October 1, 2012 at 1:42 am

Thank you for the sign. Our testing is coming up soon, and I will give the sign to my team as gift. I hope you are having a great year!!

• Sara Soucy October 1, 2012 at 1:51 am

I love the testing sign! Our district starts testing tomorrow too. Luckily, my second graders don't have to take it. Our schedule does get a little up-ended, though, because the rest of the school is testing. Good luck!

Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

• Mrs. Cupcake October 1, 2012 at 1:56 am

Adorable!!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

• Miss Nelson October 1, 2012 at 2:29 am

Wow! I love this sign. We do not do testing except for Discovery Education on the computer but I'm in 2nd grade. I'll use this great sign for classroom assessments.
    Thanks again!

Miss Nelson’s Got the Camera!

• Molly October 1, 2012 at 5:46 am

Cute sign!! We start testing next week and they have pre-made signs they give us, but yours is much cuter so I may have to put it up as well! Then I will have both doors covered! 🙂

Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

• Mrs. M October 1, 2012 at 7:38 am

Love it! Thanks so much!

• jamie Hoisman October 1, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Great sign!! We do our state testing in the late spring, about a month or so before the end of the year. Good luck to your kids today!! Thanks for sharing your sign-so cute!

• luckeyfrog October 1, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Thanks! Our testing happens mostly in the Spring, but because of the length of time it takes to grade things, it's spread out in the Spring. Feels like we are testing through the whole Spring, from M-O-Y assessments to E-O-Y!

Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

• Elizabeth October 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Well, of course you created the cutest testing sing possible. (Who knew a testing sign could be cute?)

Hoping your testing is still going OK.

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:52 am

Cutest Sign

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:53 am

Hi Kristen! Love that you are blogging during the week! Hope you enjoy your nice long weekend!

• teaching fashionista October 5, 2012 at 12:53 am

• Bilingual Scrapbook October 9, 2012 at 3:06 am

Lovely! Thank you so much!
    Alexa
    bilingualscrapbook.blogspot.com

• What is your students’ favorite read aloud so far this year??⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We have so many we’ve loved...but I think Those Shoes is our class favorite so far.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This year I started keeping track of our read alouds in a google sheet and it has been SUCH a big help. We have a running count of books read so far (it counts automatically as I check off books, swipe to see!) and I can stop forgetting which titles I’ve already read! I feel much more organized with my read alouds this year 😊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This resource is on sale in my store tonight...please see the link in my profile if you’d like to check it out: bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#picturebooks #readalouds #readersgonnaread #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Setting up Google Classroom for a short week ahead!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Each year, my fourth graders have a blast with @digitaldivideconquer’s Plan Thanksgiving Dinner project! I love how it gives them the opportunity to work on their math fluency with a real-world application.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup is so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to use digital flyers these days, so I created a temporary category on our Classwork page in Google Classroom. I linked flyers for three of our local grocery stores...and added an emoji to make it stand out easily on our page.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The rest is simple...@digitaldivideconquer’s resource is print and go! It’s such a great activity to keep the students engaged before the holiday.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you working this week? What will you be doing with your class? I’d love to hear some more ideas to keep the focus this week!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#iteachmath #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • We are in school next week, are you? I won’t complain though...we used to work through Wednesday afternoon but now we only go until Tuesday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you on break yet?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teacherbreak #almostthere #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Giant dry erase number lines = instant engagement!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We’ve been working on using place value understanding to round to any place this week. I knew I wanted a dry erase number line so my students could alter the set up to round different numbers to the same place (such as rounding 82 and 182 and 1,182 to the nearest ten).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I used electrical tape to create seven huge number lines on the floor throughout the room. Then I added dry erase strips to the top of the segments on the number lines. I did not add arrows to save on tape (we have had several discussions this year about the significance of arrows on number lines, so they are always included otherwise).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We worked in groups of three to round various numbers. It was awesome! It was a kinesthetic activity that kept my active learners interested.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We started with the benchmark numbers first, then labeled the midpoints. Then my students placed the number given and rounded it on a whiteboard to share their responses.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once they were comfortable with setting up the number lines, we rounded larger numbers to the same place value. Many groups quickly realized they only needed to add extra digits to each part of their number lines to reflect the larger number...they were otherwise rounding to the same place! It worked out as a nice exploratory activity, rather than me just showing them the rules for rounding to any place.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The only bad part? The number lines will have to go soon, as they are stepped on throughout the day 😭 I wish we could keep them all year!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #roundingnumbers #iteachmath #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Have you used the checkboxes in google sheets before? They are an absolute godsend!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This year I’ve been using them to keep track of our daily read alouds. I’m embarrassed to admit this...but I forget which books we’ve read already! #teachinginyour40s 🙄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And adding them is super easy. Just go to the cell you want your checkbox to appear in. Click Insert, then choose Checkbox.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can change the size and color just like you would with any text. And you can click to check and uncheck. You can also hit your spacebar to check the boxes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hope this is of help if you haven’t tried this feature yet! The link to this reading tracker is in my profile if you’d like to see more...all the letters are linked up for you and there are some automatic counters to track everything you read: bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlesheets #technologyintheclassroom #classroommanagement #classroomorganization
    • Anyone else feel the same?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A very dear friend here in the states told me her likes were now hidden...and I was absolutely thrilled at the prospect!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As much as I hate to admit it, I feel I have lost my taste for posting over the years. I worry too much about how my next post will be received. I think too much about what is best to share to get the most likes I can. I don’t do this in any other aspect of my life...so why do I worry here?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I just want to post without thinking about these things. And I can't wait until my experience on IG is changed. Anyone else?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram