Editable Parent Presentation Pack (free file)

September 23, 2012

Editable Parent Presentation Pack (free file)

September 23, 2012
Hi again! I’m back to share an editable file I used for Open House this past week. I know many of you have had your events already, but I hope this is something you might be able to use in the future! And if you have an event coming up soon, I really hope this will be of some help 🙂
So, there are a couple of printables in this pack. There are some editable, business-card sized labels…
I attached mine to magnets like my good friend Mor (from A Teacher’s Treasure) did…they look a little funny because I erased some of the information, but you can get the idea.

I left the magnets out on those bright yellow folders (I always try to find the brightest color possible, so the families can find them when needed at home…these folders hold Math and Language Arts information for our district).

They are set up for easy customization, just type right into the text boxes…

I also left out a little half-sheet of paper, in case the parents wanted to leave a note for their child (not my original idea, just something that’s commonly done at my school)…

The pack also includes a Powerpoint presentation to share with your families. I love using a presentation during Open House because it keeps me on track, no matter how nervous I might be!

There are slides for each subject area, classroom procedures, specials schedule, and more…

Each slide is set up with text boxes, so all you have to do is type in your information…

There are also duplicate slides, so hopefully you will have the subject name you need (such as Spelling and Word Work). Any slides you do not need in the file can be deleted before your presentation.

And that’s it! If you would like to see more or download this free file, please visit either of the shops below…

Borders on A Note From Your Family paper created by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com.

Have you had your families in to visit yet? Does your event take place right at the beginning of school?

• Anonymous September 23, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Just downloaded. Thank you very much for your generosity!! I cannot wait to use this next year at Open House and maybe even this year at oufr first P/T conferences. :o)

• ~Stephanie September 23, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Again, the black and brights just look so so so good! Thank you for sharing your hard work.

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Laurie September 23, 2012 at 5:55 pm

These look great!! I can't wait to use them.

Laurie

• Elizabeth September 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I'm loving the black and bright colors, Kristen 🙂 Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

• Laurie September 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Oh, will you share how you attached them to magnets…are they just printed on mailing labels??

Laurie

• Kate September 23, 2012 at 6:04 pm

LOVE the PowerPoint! I will use it next year!! Thank you SO much 🙂

Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

• jen ormsbee September 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Kristen–you are a life saver!! My open house is next week and this is perfect!! You have saved me so much time! I really appreciate all your hard work–everything looks stunning!

–jen

• 4321Teach September 23, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Kristen, thanks for sharing this! Our Open House (Group Conference) is always sometime in the first month of school. I use a PowerPoint too. There is just too much to remember to try to do it without it. I use one of the basic PowerPoint templates. Now that you have shared this, though, next year my PowerPoint will be super cute! BTW, I love the graphics!

EmilyK

• Anonymous September 23, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I wish I'd had this sooner! I will definitely save it for next year! Thanks so much, your stuff is all awesome!!

• Ms.M September 23, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Kristin everything looks wonderful. So glad your back. You are your pretty creations were missed.

M

• Across the Hall September 23, 2012 at 10:16 pm

LOVE the cards! Our open house is this week, so I get to use them THIS year. Thanks!!!

Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

• Katie September 23, 2012 at 10:32 pm

THANK YOU! I have back to school night tomorrow and this is perfect! You rock!

• Kimberly Santana September 23, 2012 at 11:23 pm

LOVE the cards- I got an order of magnetic cards from VistaPrint this year when they offered 50 for free…but your's are way cuter than the ones I got!!

Kimberly
    Click to get 31 bags for 31% OFF!!
    The Learning Tree

• jamie Hoisman September 23, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Thank you so much for your files!! You are so generous! I have been doing keynote presentations for our Back to School Night, but I had to download yours because it's so much cuter than mine!! You are so creative! We already had our BTSN this year, but I'm going to save your file for next year. Thanks again, Kristin! You rock!

• KRISTA September 24, 2012 at 1:55 am

These look so fabulous! We have a back to school night each year and your presentations would be perfect with this. I love the business card magnets. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a fabulous week!

Krista
    stellar-students

• Heather September 24, 2012 at 2:22 am

Thanks Kristen! I can't wait to use these next year!
    ~Heather
    Loose Shoelaces

• Annie Moffatt September 24, 2012 at 6:22 am

You make such pretty things Kristen! I officially crown you the Queen of Pretty Labels!
    The Moffatt Girls

• primary practice September 24, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thank you Kristen! Gorgeous file-bright and black and outstanding!

Patti

• Abby September 24, 2012 at 11:33 am

Brilliant!!

Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂

Abby @ Third Grade Bookworm

• Ximena September 24, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Awesome!!! I will use it next school year.

• Courtney September 25, 2012 at 12:18 am

This looks great! We had Open house a few weeks ago but I will definitely use it next time. I love the magnets. I bought a bunch from Vistaprint two years ago so they would last for a while then my district changed our emails. Yours look much better! Thanks for sharing Kristen!

Swimming into Second

• Blogging Sentral September 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm

It's my first time in this site and i guess it's going to be magnificent out here.

• sewa mobil jakarta September 28, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Very nice, thanks for the information.

• smita sharma October 26, 2012 at 9:50 am

Thanks for providing this information was of great help for my needs, more information like this is needed, hope you have some more thanks again
    rhinoplasty

• Dana Sirotiak April 3, 2013 at 1:49 pm

How do I download the templates?

• Dana Sirotiak April 3, 2013 at 1:49 pm

How do I download the templates?

• KateC May 21, 2013 at 2:27 am

Hi Kristen, I do the magnetic business cards too. They are a great way for the parents to keep in touch. I was wondering though what is the font that you used on the cards and in the presentation so I could download it in order to keep it the same. Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to use this in the upcoming year 🙂

• Kristen May 21, 2013 at 2:34 am

Hi Kate! They are both from Sweet Shoppe Designs….belly button innie and all the cool chicks. Thanks for visiting my blog! 🙂

• Anonymous June 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Hi Kristen. Would you happen to know off hand what font was used in this PP? There are a few things I would like to add to the PP but I noticed I can't change the headings on the slides. I'm super anal so I want all the slides to match as far as font goes. Thanks in advance 🙂

• Debbie Gattis June 18, 2013 at 2:45 am

I don't know how to download this. I love what you've put together and want to use it. Please reply. Thanks!! 🙂

• Kristen June 18, 2013 at 10:18 am

Hi! It's at my tpt store, the link is at the end of the post. 🙂

• Rebecca Wilson June 27, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Kristen – I love love love this presentation packet! Is there anyway to add slides to it? I was trying to edit the headings, but it won't let me! Thanks again for sharing this with everyone!

Becca Wilson

• What is your students’ favorite read aloud so far this year??⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We have so many we’ve loved...but I think Those Shoes is our class favorite so far.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This year I started keeping track of our read alouds in a google sheet and it has been SUCH a big help. We have a running count of books read so far (it counts automatically as I check off books, swipe to see!) and I can stop forgetting which titles I’ve already read! I feel much more organized with my read alouds this year 😊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This resource is on sale in my store tonight...please see the link in my profile if you’d like to check it out: bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#picturebooks #readalouds #readersgonnaread #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Setting up Google Classroom for a short week ahead!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Each year, my fourth graders have a blast with @digitaldivideconquer’s Plan Thanksgiving Dinner project! I love how it gives them the opportunity to work on their math fluency with a real-world application.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup is so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to use digital flyers these days, so I created a temporary category on our Classwork page in Google Classroom. I linked flyers for three of our local grocery stores...and added an emoji to make it stand out easily on our page.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The rest is simple...@digitaldivideconquer’s resource is print and go! It’s such a great activity to keep the students engaged before the holiday.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you working this week? What will you be doing with your class? I’d love to hear some more ideas to keep the focus this week!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#iteachmath #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • We are in school next week, are you? I won’t complain though...we used to work through Wednesday afternoon but now we only go until Tuesday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you on break yet?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teacherbreak #almostthere #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Giant dry erase number lines = instant engagement!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We’ve been working on using place value understanding to round to any place this week. I knew I wanted a dry erase number line so my students could alter the set up to round different numbers to the same place (such as rounding 82 and 182 and 1,182 to the nearest ten).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I used electrical tape to create seven huge number lines on the floor throughout the room. Then I added dry erase strips to the top of the segments on the number lines. I did not add arrows to save on tape (we have had several discussions this year about the significance of arrows on number lines, so they are always included otherwise).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We worked in groups of three to round various numbers. It was awesome! It was a kinesthetic activity that kept my active learners interested.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We started with the benchmark numbers first, then labeled the midpoints. Then my students placed the number given and rounded it on a whiteboard to share their responses.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once they were comfortable with setting up the number lines, we rounded larger numbers to the same place value. Many groups quickly realized they only needed to add extra digits to each part of their number lines to reflect the larger number...they were otherwise rounding to the same place! It worked out as a nice exploratory activity, rather than me just showing them the rules for rounding to any place.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The only bad part? The number lines will have to go soon, as they are stepped on throughout the day 😭 I wish we could keep them all year!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #roundingnumbers #iteachmath #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Have you used the checkboxes in google sheets before? They are an absolute godsend!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This year I’ve been using them to keep track of our daily read alouds. I’m embarrassed to admit this...but I forget which books we’ve read already! #teachinginyour40s 🙄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And adding them is super easy. Just go to the cell you want your checkbox to appear in. Click Insert, then choose Checkbox.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can change the size and color just like you would with any text. And you can click to check and uncheck. You can also hit your spacebar to check the boxes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hope this is of help if you haven’t tried this feature yet! The link to this reading tracker is in my profile if you’d like to see more...all the letters are linked up for you and there are some automatic counters to track everything you read: bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlesheets #technologyintheclassroom #classroommanagement #classroomorganization
    • Anyone else feel the same?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A very dear friend here in the states told me her likes were now hidden...and I was absolutely thrilled at the prospect!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As much as I hate to admit it, I feel I have lost my taste for posting over the years. I worry too much about how my next post will be received. I think too much about what is best to share to get the most likes I can. I don’t do this in any other aspect of my life...so why do I worry here?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I just want to post without thinking about these things. And I can't wait until my experience on IG is changed. Anyone else?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram