June Purchases!

June 25, 2012

June Purchases!

June 25, 2012
Thanks to everyone who has linked up so far to the Summer Shopping June linky party! I have had a blast looking at your finds! I
haven’t gone too crazy yet

(there’s still time for that, right??) but I
have started some shopping for next year. The first exciting thing I
found was a border that matches my signs for this year perfectly!
Last year, I used some blue ribbon but I’ve grown kind of tired of it so I decided to try something black (on the black fabric I already have, so the posters and student work will really pop!). I browsed around looking at black and white borders ’til I found this little gem…

I love it because it has circles like most of my labels do in my room, plus it has those cool dot frames that are so in style right now!

I also bought some replacement contact paper for my tables (I’ve been covering them with various shades for years, but I’m keeping the same as last year because I still adore it!) Here’s an older photo of the paper (slightly more interesting visual than the rolls of liner boxed up in my Jeep right now!)…
So, I know I told you I’m keeping the same black-and-white-with-brights scheme as last year. But I’m doing some little things to amp it up a bit (hopefully).
One of the little tweaks is a new color…so I guess it’s actually going to be black-and-white-with-tropical-colors, because I’ve added some orange! And I really had no choice but to buy some more baskets from Really Good Stuff…it was crucial to the design you see (the orange ones are the newest purchase)…
That last picture is kind of blah, sorry. I left my pretty little baskets at school so that’s the only picture I had.
It’s actually kind of funny/embarrassing. You know that picture I had of the plastic storage stacked really high from the other day? Well a wonderful teaching colleague walked in and saw me taking photos of it. Plastic storage stacked on a closet. This isn’t something the staff normally does at my school. She’s too nice to ask or laugh at me and I just breezily said, “oh, I’m taking pictures to show Melissa (my sister).” To my colleague–if you find my blog and read this, I’m sorry I lied!! It was for my blog!!! I felt weird!!
You guys understand, right?
Well, thanks for reveling in my purchases (I’m joking, of course). I have to say, it’s nice to be home, on vacation, taking pictures of school supplies without fear of discovery!!
If you’d like to link up, I would love to read all about your purchases…the linky will be open through June πŸ™‚

• Tara June 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I have that border and LOVE it! I actually layered it with a solid pink on a white background (I think). I have gone nuts over the b/w with pink, turq., and lime and this year adding gray. Well you'll see that in a day or 2 when I link up:))

• Tara June 25, 2012 at 8:35 pm

ooppssss! Don't know why I had that copied, thought it was my blog name….sorry:/

4th Grade Frolics

• Holly June 25, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Where did you find that little gem?!?!? Love that border!!!!!

Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

• Courtney Bartlett June 25, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Haha! That is so funny about taking pictures of your bins. I always feel awkward taking pictures of random things at school but all my colleagues know about my blog. They all found out somehow and I didn't tell them. Anyways, I love your border. That looks so good with your labels.

Swimming into Second

• Jess June 25, 2012 at 9:53 pm

That is too funny! I am always taking pictures of random things to put on my blog. I don't let anyone know at my school that I have a blog they just know I blog a lot. Love your new border and I will have to link up tomorrow since I have already broken blogging rules by posting twice today.

• Nicole Steele June 25, 2012 at 10:01 pm

LOL!!! I feel like colleagues look at me funny too for taking pictures of everything. Oh, well… I love the blogging world!!. I love the bright bins with the black, they do really pop! I cant wait to see what your room looks like when its all done.

• Rachel Lamb June 25, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I always try to wait talk everyone leaves to take pictures! Sad, right!?

• Kelley Cirrito June 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I haven't bought too much either!! I guess we will both just have to go crazy in July!!! πŸ˜‰

• 4321teach June 26, 2012 at 12:46 am

That border is SO cute! A fellow teacher in my building has it too. About taking random pics, I blog with another person and she always looks at me strangely when I am taking pics of random stuff!

EmilyK

• Ashley Kathleen June 26, 2012 at 12:48 am

I loooove how you organize everything! Those bins look very cute. I have been reading your blog for long time now (it's been my go-to for resources & ideas!) but now I've also started blogging, so I can say I am officially a follower! =)

Ashley
    Miss Ashley's Amazing Resource Room

• Jennifer Tilton June 26, 2012 at 1:03 am

That border will be perfect! Your room is going to be so beautiful!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

• The Wallace Family June 26, 2012 at 1:03 am

I love the black border! Goes great with your super cute tags. Last year I had black fabric on a board with zebra print border and I loved the way it looked! Can't wait to see what use you come up with:)

• Amy June 26, 2012 at 1:05 am

Hahaha! The same thing has happened to me. My coworker didn't say anything. She just looked at me strangely. Two of my coworkers have found my blog, which is so weird considering I don't have many followers! Ha!

Amy
    Krazy About Kiddos

• Mrs. Parker June 26, 2012 at 2:08 am

I've had that same border for a few years. I just resifted it to the lady's in the office.
    I know how you feel about taking pictures. I consider blogging my hobby. It just happens to be about school. πŸ™‚
    I think you know what I mean.

• Elizabeth June 26, 2012 at 2:11 am

OK, that story about the picture taking had me rolling. I do that, too. I hunker down and hope nobody can see me. How silly πŸ™‚

Where do you buy most of your contact paper? I ended up ordering mine on Amazon. But, is there an easier way/ better place?

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• Terri Thornton June 26, 2012 at 2:42 am

My teacher friends laugh at me and the weird things I do. Sometimes, I close my door and take pictures of weird things. lol Love that story! BTW- I love your colors and the way your posters POP on the black BG. I'm going to try that this year. I'm in search of a border as well. I like the idea of ribbon.

Terri

• Barbara June 27, 2012 at 3:12 am

That's a very cool border. I like it! I can relate to your photo problem. I was in a friend's room today taking a picture of something I"m going to share later and another friend saw me. I laughed and said "I have her permission, honestly!" Ha ha.
    Take care.

❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

• Joelle P. June 27, 2012 at 6:09 am

Oh wow!! I think you and I are cut from the same type A cloth!! Love this. I love your black labels and I hope I don't get the urge to re-do ALL my new labels that I just made last week…Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower!

Please check out my brand, spanking new blog! Thanks!

Joelle

Mrs. P.'s Sweet Peas

• Layla Wiedrick Henry June 30, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I'm your newest follower! Great blog! Thanks for the great ideas. I am a new blogger so I am excited to read more of yours.
    -Layla

Fancy Free in Fourth

• Mrs. Mac June 30, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Hi Kristen,
    I was at Hancock Fabric yesterday and thought of you : They have the black fabric on SALE!! πŸ™‚ Of COURSE I bought some! πŸ™‚ Lisa

• A Teacher Quest July 5, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I just found your blog and I'm very excited! You have some awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing.

A Teacher's Quest