Tutorial: Cute Thumbnail Galleries!

May 6, 2012

Tutorial: Cute Thumbnail Galleries!

May 6, 2012
I hope that doesn’t sound too flaky! But I know I’m not the only one who likes things to look a certain way, so I wanted to share something new I learned today…

So. I’ve already been working on my little thumbnail galleries for awhile now…tryin’ to organize my blog a bit!

I ended up making my thumbnail previews as little rounded squares, just to make it cute and fancy–plus I love when things look websitey on blogs.

And that’s what this tutorial is all about! And it’s wicked easy, I promise…it’s all in the video below:

Do you think you might try this on your blog? Will it be one of your summer projects? Do you have a ton of summer projects? I do and we aren’t even out ’til June 22nd!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend πŸ™‚

• Stephanie @ 3rd Grade Thoughts May 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Ok, so this wasn't on my summer to-do list until I watched this and now it has shot straight to the top! How easy and how CUTE when it's all done!

And don't you just LOVE screen shot? I think it's my fav tool! When I got my PC, I was bummed it wasn't standard like my Mac, but the new Windows has the Snipping Tool, which is almost as cool πŸ™‚

Thanks for another amazing tutorial!

~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

• Tara May 6, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Totally on my summer to do list….unless……maybe….I can get my sweet daughter to do this for me?????? Hmmmmmm:) Thanks for sharing!!! So love organization and cuteness helps too:) Your awesome!!!

4th Grade Frolics

• Kelly Hall May 7, 2012 at 12:18 am

I plan on doing this over the summer. I LOVE your tutorials! Just got my first Mac Book and need to learn all the ins and outs first. Thanks for sharing!

• Mor Zrihen May 7, 2012 at 12:36 am

Your are my bloggy goddess!!! Can't wait to tackle this project over the summer! Your tutorials are the BEST!
    Thank you for all that you do and share with us! We (especially me) appreciate you!

❀ Mor Zrihen from…
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

• Elizabeth May 7, 2012 at 12:41 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now, I don't have to ask Google πŸ™‚

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• Runde's Room May 7, 2012 at 12:42 am

OH – LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! My summer to-do list just keeps getting longer and longer … I think I may need to take the year off just to get caught up … πŸ˜‰
    Thanks for another spectacular tutorial!

Jen
    Runde's Room

• Deb May 7, 2012 at 12:57 am

Kristen, just keep them coming! My "To Do" list is not long enough and I didn't know you could do that in PP so I learned something else today! Thanks for all of the tutorials that you create for us because it is appreciated!

Deb at Fabulously First

• Life in Middle School May 7, 2012 at 3:21 am

Wow Kristen – These are amazing and just were added to my blogging to do list! I'll second the thanks for making all these tutorials for us!

• Dual Kinder Teacher May 7, 2012 at 1:26 pm

June 22nd?! I mean, eh hem, hang in there πŸ™‚ This is definitely making my list. Funny how teachers all have a summer- School To Do List going already. Number one on my list? BATMAN πŸ™‚ Thanks again!
    ☼Libby
    Dual Kinder Teacher

• sydney May 8, 2012 at 12:23 am

Kristen, this looks so pretty I can't stand it. Can't wait to play around with it.

Lessons Learned

• Rikki May 8, 2012 at 4:41 pm

You're amazing!! I have been following your blog for sometime and seriously you have helped me out so much. I created my first teachers pay teachers product. I felt like I did everything right. You helped me create it. Seriously I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help. Now I have one more question for you. I don't know if you'll be able to answer it. I put my product up on Teachers Pay Teachers. But it will not show any thumbnails. How do I get it show thumbnails. Do you know?? I've saved the images as jpegs, and tiff. I've even resized it but when I put the document in it shows nothing :(. Can you help me?

• Annie Moffatt May 8, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I agree with Rikki! Amazing:) I will be giving this a try for sure:)

• Heather at Teach It Today! May 11, 2012 at 5:09 am

Adding this to my To D list! I'm a huge fan and new follower!

Heather
    Teachittoday.blogspot.com

• Lory Robinson May 13, 2012 at 2:03 am

Awesome! Thank you, I'm going to try this when school gets out . . .
    Lory
    Funforfirst.blogspot.com

• Terri Thornton May 14, 2012 at 1:19 am

I played around with this and used Fireworks. However, the crop tool in link manager caused my thumbnails to have a light white background. I noticed yours didn't do that…. how did you do that?? Thanks for the info. … very helpful!

Terri
    the-creative-apple.blogspot.com

• missdee June 6, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Hello,
    What color blue did you use on your bulletin board? I have attached the link so you could see what I was referring to.

• Caitlin June 20, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I love this!!! Thank you for doing a video!!

Caitlin
    Learning Ahoy

• Becca Morris July 1, 2012 at 7:35 am

Thanks for sharing! I am doing this right now!

✰Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

• Ms. Mel July 5, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I'm new to your site, and I've found myself going through all your old posts! Absolutely love all your stuff. Thank you so much for sharing!

• Sandy July 21, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I just wanted to thank you for this tutorial!!! I have been having so much fun playing with the links and making cute buttons! I appreciate you sharing your expertise!!!! THANK YOU!!! πŸ™‚

Soaring Through Second

• Tina721 July 24, 2012 at 2:29 pm

From me (a newbie) I can't say thank you enough for having these GREAT tutorials and tips available. I have been searching for how to do these things, and now I just have to come here! I really appreciate all the hard work you did in making these videos…Thank you for sharing!
    ~Tina
    Laugh Live Love Learn

• Molly September 18, 2012 at 3:46 am

Thanks SO much for this video! I have been wanting to add thumbnail galleries for a while now after seeing yours and some other cute ones and this explained it perfectly! Also, I didn't know you could do that with the shapes in Powerpoint! I will definitely be using that a lot! Thanks again Kristen!!

Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

• Sarah June 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Thanks so much for sharing… I used this tutorial on my personal blog, since my teacher blog doesn't have the plethora of posts that yours has. I love, love, love it on my personal blog, though. Take a look if you like!

My Online Cookbook :o) Thanks, again!