KWHL Chart

1. What are you doing for the state research? Are you doing the 50 states or just your state? I have to do a state project and am just too spent to think of one!

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Kristen says:

Well…we're actually doing both, since I teach 4th and 5th. 5th graders learn about the regions and choose a state to research and complete a project. 4th graders learn about our state specifically and work on a project about that. I use it as an opportunity for all of my ELL students to learn about our state, then we branch out to the research projects. I'm tired just thinking about it!! Are you doing a project on your state?

2. MrsLMann says:

I am doing mapping and some seeds and plant life cycles. Anything to keep us outside!

3. Love the chart, especially the H section. Thanks for sharing Kristen!

Swimming into Second

4. Kate says:

Thanks so much for sharing this! I am going to print a class set to have on hand when we start volcanoes next week!!
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

5. Jamie says:

This is great! Thanks for sharing! This week we are testing-ugh. Our last project/unit of study in science is Space-the planets. The kids are working on group posters. Then we'll work on local history in SS to end the year. When is your last day?

Jamie
    Thrills in Third Grade

6. Elizabeth says:

What a great open-ended chart! I love the addition of the "H".

Brilliant 🙂

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

7. This is a GREAT staple for my files! Thanks Kristen!! I think it is too funny we always comment on each others blogs at the same time! I think our brains are connected somehow!! 🙂

8. Amber Unger says:

Oh, this is just AWESOME! Thank you so much for sharing for free. 🙂 I have known about the KWL chart, since I was a high school student myself, I think. But it was not until last year, during my grad program, that I learned about the "H" part. Such an important addition!

9. Ms.M says:

Ooo, I like the "How could I learn this" feature. Great idea for our ELL kids. 🙂

10. Deborah says:

Have you ever seen "Misconceptions" on KWL chart. It's neat because you can move a post-it to that column when a student reads new information that now makes them realize that a idea was not correct or a misconception.
    Deborah Devine

11. Love the chart! Thanks for sharing!

❀Bethany❀