Word Rock! Every day we’re expanding…

1. LOVE the idea of having a word of the day over the announcements. Cute stuff! My students do WOTD in our class too! This is how I teach it: http://schenkgr4.blogspot.com/2011/12/vocabulary-freebie.html

I think I might have to use your binder idea for teaching idioms/figurative language- those are always an obstacle for ELLs.

Thanks for the ideas!
    -Kayla

2. I love it Kristen!! I am going to download it and save it for next year! I hope you had a great weekend and have a super week! Thanks for sharing such great ideas! You are truly an inspiration!

3. Ginger Snaps says:

I just recently bought this clip from Maree for my Sound Scoot game and I LOVE IT!! Super cute! Totally gonna have to use this!

4. Kim says:

Hi Kristen:
    I love the way you organized this! You make everything so fun and cute.
    I loved the "look back" to last year's system too.
    Gotta love a girl who loves her binders!
    We do a word of the week (un-cute). Last week it was "corpulent" (partly because I was so tired of hearing them call people "fat"!)
    I've added a "sounds like" section to our words since my kids (some of whom are English Learners) don't always know how to pronounce the words. So, under "Sounds like," the word "meloncholy" was written "melon-call-ee" It's fun to watch them sound it out and smile when they get it right.

Wishing you lots of warm thoughts from California…

Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

5. I LOVE it!!! I was so excited when it came up on my blog roll, I had to check it out 🙂 I totally have the song stuck in my head now by the way…hehe 🙂 Thanks for sharing! Have a great rest of your night 🙂

Lisa 🙂
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

6. Erika says:

What a fun way to spice up word work! Thanks.

2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

7. Kathy says:

I LOVE that! Too, too cute!

THANKS for sharing!
    Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

8. Runde's Room says:

What a FANTASTIC idea!!! And I LOVE the whiteboard binder … think I'll be adding something new to my day next year. Thanks for sharing!!!

Jen
    Runde's Room

9. Kristin says:

LOVE the clipart AND the 80s!!!!!! 🙂 This is so cute and creative — I love "song lyrics" and "more hits". Super duper adorable. 🙂 🙂 🙂
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

10. Kristin says:

Hi Kristen,
    I have been following your blog for a while and am so excited to share with you my newly finished blog! Come check it out:

Kristin

11. Hadar says:

I can't believe you said "hipster" hahaha! Oldie!

Love you 😉

12. I also got a chuckle out of the use of "Hipster." This is such a fun resource and I'll try not to be bitter about the fact that (without trying) you got the Party Rock song stuck in my head. It lived in there for much of the fall, but was replaced when my kids moved onto a new LMFAO-inspired ditty. Knowing that "I'm Sexy and I Know It" is not "school appropriate," they opt for "I'm Elmo and I Know It." Try teaching with that on autoplay in your head. Happy Monday!

❤Jodi from…
    ★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
    Helping Teachers Get Organized

13. Trina says:

This resource is great! Not only have I started using it in my class, but I'm thinking about shrinking them to create "Word Albums". 🙂 Thank you so much!

14. Great idea! Thanks for sharing! Just found your blog, and I already have so many great ideas from you! Thanks for your creativity!

Melanie
    First Grade Brain Sprinkles

15. Amber Unger says:

OMG…I am supposed to be working on my PDP right now, but I cannot step away from your nearly discovered blog!!! Your blog is AMAZING and you are so awesome for sharing so many useful printables! 🙂 I am switching from Kindergarten to 3rd grade next year, so I will be visiting you a lot!

16. Anonymous says:

What do you use to attach the binder to the whiteboard?