Reader’s & Writer’s Workshop binder covers

1. These are so cute!!! Thanks for sharing! You're so talented!

❀ Mor Zrihen from…
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

2. Awesome! Thank you for sharing πŸ™‚ You are so creative!

I'm sure we'll have the Super Bowl on, but neither the hubby or I am very interested…Does that automatically revoke his man card?! We're just not big fans of the NFL and the team he likes isn't in it, so it's not a big deal for us.

Bonnie
    Living A Wonderful Life

3. Amanda says:

LOVE THIS! I am so excited too since they will go with my zebra theme!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful resources!

4. Kristin says:

These are super duper cute!!!!! LOVE them! Thanks for sharing! I use folders. Lots. I like your labels way way way more than mine. πŸ™‚
    I watch the commercials. But I think our household will be going for the Patriots because of my husband's love for Tom Brady.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

5. These are great! I use folders for writers workshop so these are great!!! I am cheering for your Patriots!! I hope they win!!

6. Love these! Thanks for the freebie. I'm watching for the football but I'm not really rooting for anybody. I love the Colts because of Peyton Manning so I guess I should root for Eli. I do love the commercials too! Have fun watching the game!

Swimming into Second

7. Lydia M says:

Ohhh goodness!! I {LOVE} everything you do, but these are so very, very high on my list right now! Thank you so much for the freebie!! If only I can print them in color without my lovely husband finding out… πŸ™‚ Not watching the Super Bowl here, too much grad school and regular school work to do. I'll catch commercial highlights tomorrow, I guess. Happy watching, and thanks again!

8. Tara says:

Love these!!! You're awesome and so creative!! Thanks bunches for sharing!!!

4th Grade Frolics

9. These are so stinkin CUTE!!!

10. Erika says:

Love these! Can't wait for more on your binders.

2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

11. Tania Knapp says:

These are awesome! I use a folder for Writer's Workshop and a composition book for reader's workshop.
    Watching the game and typing πŸ™‚

You rock!!!

12. These are great. I'm wondering if it is something that could be printed by Vista Print when they do their huge summer sales. Filing it away. πŸ™‚ Bummer about the Superbowl.

❀Jodi from…
    β˜…β˜…The Clutter-Free Classroomβ˜…β˜…
    Helping Teachers Get Organized

13. Kristen says:

Ms. Apples and Amanda thank you!!!!! I am fixing the file!
    Kristen

14. Kate says:

These are so cute! I wish I taught reading so I could use them πŸ™‚
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

15. I use notebooks for Writing Workshop. I would LOVE to see how your binders are organized!

16. rayadair says:

Love the binder covers! So what I needed and the students will so love! Thanks.

17. Shanna says:

This just made my night, thank you!! πŸ™‚

18. Ms.M says:

Kristen, I have been so busy I have not had time to comment. I just wanted to share that these are darling, and I printed them out the other day. Thanks for sharing.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

19. skunkzgrl says:

Hi Kristen! I love your work..your ideas are amazing as well. You were the first blog I ever visited and you've inspired me to be so much organized than before. Thanks for sharing!

20. Just a quick question. In the past if I wanted the kids to have the same notebook, I always bought them with my own money and left them off the student supply list. I actually didn't mind since I am kinda OCD about some things, lol. I have also found that the marbled journals don't lend themselves for reference pages and graphic organizers and end up stapling the sheets inside. With the notebooks, do you use page protectors for the reference pages and graphic organizers, and if so, do you supply them as they are needed? I was thinking that could be quite costly over time. With budget cuts, I don't think I could get my school to buy any. Since you have gone to these, about how many sheet protectors did your students need for the year? We are not allowed to ask our parents for supplies anymore either. Can you believe that???? I think that is mainly for hand sanitizer and kleenex type items, but if a student is constantly needing to use a class pencil or eraser, I still put it on their weekly report, just not in the newsletter. Crazy world of education we live in, lol…..

• Kristen says:

Hi!! I don't actually use sheet protectors. We have a rubric on caring for the binder and its contents, so the students are pretty careful of the pages. I suppose if I really wanted to protect something, I would just laminate the chart on the school laminator. I agree–the sheet protectors would become too costly over time! Thanks for stopping by, I hope that helps!

21. Jenna says:

Hi Kristen,
    I know you hear this all the time, but your blog is truly inspirational. It has opened up a whole new world for me and I can't stop thinking about how I am going to set up my own very soon! Like you, I am a very creative teacher with so much to share. I'm tired of keeping all my good ideas to myself! My question to you is, how to you make the things that you do look so wonderful? For example, how, exactly did you create the zebra binder covers. I realize that the zebra print was most likely a background, right? But then where did you find the scroll style font box and how did you put them together? As you can tell, I'm new at this. ANY tips would be VERY MUCH appreciated!! Maybe you can make a tutorial video for all of us! Thanks again for ALL that you do and share with the world. Teaching can be such an isolated profession, but people like you have changed that for sure!

22. Sarah says:

Hi Kristen! I LOVE these binder covers!!! I'm doing a rock star theme this year and my colors are black/white zebra print, hot pink, and aqua. I am dying to know how to make one of these so I can make something similar for my lesson plan binder!!!!! Nobody I have asked can figure it out. Do you purchase your images as clipart somewhere or is it digital scrapbooking or what? Also, what is that cute design around the words called? Please help me! πŸ™‚ Thank you! Sarah

23. Sarah says:

Oh, THANK YOU so much, Kristen!!!!!

24. Rhiannon says:

These are fantastic! Do you have anything like this for math? Thank you for all of your hard work and creativity!!!
    Rhiannon