Publishing student books that last!

1. Love the idea!! We published lots of things last year and nothing ever held up. I can't wait to try this! The kids will love to see all their writing and read each others!

2. JJ says:

Wow! I love the idea! Students love to have their work published so they can read it over and over. It is a wonderful accomplishment for them. Sharing is the best thing to light up a students face and I'm sure your kids are all beaming lights. I commend you for the hard work, cost, and time. I know you must get great satisfaction in seeing your students happy faces. BRAVO!

JJ

3. Dianne says:

Great idea! I was just binding books today and I had my glue gun out too. I used it to fix my curtains! 🙂
    Dianne

4. Karen says:

what a GREAT idea!!

5. I always take mine to Staples or Office Max, but we only publish 2-3 books a year and they're pretty good size, since we make more of an anthology than individual books. I haven't found the binder at school big enough to tackle the job.
    ❤Pat

A Time to Share & Create

♬ MY WEBSITE

Fabulous 4th Grade

6. Kristin says:

I use these bindings all the time (I'm actually the queen of it and people come and bow down to me so that I will bind their books because they have no idea how to use the book binding machine). I'm so excited by this new trick — I am definitely going to give it a shot! I doubt I won't escaped unburned, though. 🙂 Thanks for the great tip!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

7. Sarah says:

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. Isn't it funny how the solution is right under your nose sometimes?

8. Mrs. Cupcake says:

Looove hot glue! I've never even seen a book binding machine though.. yikes!!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

9. Ms.M says:

Good idea. I am getting ready to make my students poetry books tomorrow. So perfect timing.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

10. Kate says:

You are seriously the best teacher ever!!
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

11. Great idea! Who would have thought hot glue would have so many uses :)!

12. Kim says:

Well I guess that is all the evidence we need…
    Your talents are infinite!

Thanks, Kristen!

Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

13. Mrs. K says:

I love using the binder but I've also experienced the same issues. Thank for sharing this tip!

14. Ms. Pretzel says:

Love this! I don't know if I'm disciplined enough to do this, but it's a great idea.

We also use BARE books (they have a website) to publish our book. THe kids love it and they come in many sizes, different kinds of lined paper, etc.

We also do the binding combs, but we only laminate the cover and then a back cover. It saves a LOT of time!

15. THANKS for the tip about the hot glue! I have comb-binded 8-pocket folders that I wanted to use this year for organizing student homework helpers but I just didn't know what I was going to do about the comb-binding because I knew it would start coming off the first day. I was thinking about the glue but I didn't want to glue all of those tabs! I didn't think about just securing the end ones. That is certainly more manageable. I also have pages for an alphabet book we created and I just need to get myself over to our binding machine to put it together! I will be using the comb-binder more often if this works out!