Thanksgiving Homework Pass {printable}

November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Homework Pass {printable}

November 20, 2011
Hello lovely blog friends! I have specifically put aside schoolwork and house decorating to sit and blog for once!

I’ve been thinking a lot and I finally have a theory on my lack of blogging. You see, I only started blogging about a year ago, but it was late December and I was ready for vacation and to start blogging.

Then the winter set in. Those of you who know the New England area know how looooong and cold the winters are here. Hence, lots and lots of time for blogging! So I’m thinking that I just need to get through this last month of craziness, then it will be blog city. Hopefully!

To make up for being away from here so much, I whipped up a little homework pass. I was hoping this was something that a lot of people could use, since we all give homework (I think). It’s just a small way to say thanks to everyone who stops by and I really hope some of you will be able to use this with your students this week.

Oddly enough, I will NOT be handing out this homework pass to my students because they LOVE homework. Seriously. A couple of them complain a teensy, but I know it’s all an act because they are always asking what the assignment is and running in to show their completed work the next morning. It’s one of the many perks of working with ELL newcomers–they love to learn English! πŸ™‚

Sooo…before I share the file…I’ve read here and there about this incredible week-long Thanksgiving break. How cool! I never knew such a thing existed until I met all of you! Are any of you on break right now? Do you use the time to start holiday shopping?

If you’re not out of school yet, how many days do you have this week? We are in until Wednesday, so fingers crossed for a quick week. Happy-almost-Thanksgiving!!!

{click on the image below to download the file}

{Border by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com}

• Rachelle November 20, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Those are so cute! LOVE THEM!!!!

We are in school until Wednesday at 1:25pm. It's quite long! πŸ™‚ But we have a fun feast on Wednesday and the kiddos love it….so I can't complain!

Want to join my linky party? I know you do…HAHAH! πŸ™‚

• Tania Knapp November 20, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Thanks for the super cute homework pass! We are in school until Wednesday.
    Thinking about 'attending' the craziness of balc Friday and visiting NYC to see the Thanksgiving parade.
    Feliz Dia de Gracias,
    TK πŸ™‚

• Amanda November 20, 2011 at 11:57 pm

We have a full day on Wednesday, so I am a little jealous of everyone who gets to sleep in tomorrow. I'll be getting home from school Wednesday and driving 7 hours to Maryland to make it there for Thanksgiving with the in-laws and a little Black Friday shopping! Thanks for the cute printable and your kind words yesterday on my blog. πŸ™‚ It's nice to know I'm not alone. You are fabulous! Thanks for always inspiring!

Amanda
    http:/www.oneextradegree,blogspot.com

• JJ November 21, 2011 at 12:11 am

These are very cute! Thank you!

• Spedteacher November 21, 2011 at 12:16 am

We are in school til Wednesday afternoon. I am taking Wednesday off and we are heading from Maryland to Massachusettes.

• Ginger Snaps November 21, 2011 at 1:08 am

Tuesday is my last day!! Woo hoo!!

• Rachel November 21, 2011 at 1:43 am

I have the whole week off with a half day inservice tomorrow!

• Barbara Day November 21, 2011 at 1:46 am

My students thank you for this. We have school Monday and Tuesday.

• Kristin November 21, 2011 at 1:46 am

Super cute pass!!! πŸ™‚
    I am off all week! This is "not normal". Last year and this year we are taking 3 furlough days this week which means we're off all week. We are actually taking a total of 9 furlough days which equals a 5% pay cut but we saved all of our teachers. I have no idea what's going to happen next year — our contract was only for 2 years. The pay cut HURT but I've got to tell you, I'm a happy girl right now!!! And yes, I use this time to shop, write Christmas cards, wrap presents, etc. πŸ™‚
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• ❋Karen❋ November 21, 2011 at 3:05 am

These are sooo cute! I wasn't planning on giving homework this week anyway, so I may give these out and tell my cuties they deserve it for working so hard. LOL! We are in school for the next three days, hoping it passes quickly!

• Ms.M November 21, 2011 at 3:54 am

2 teaching days, Mon & Tues, and one work day, Wed. Then I get 3 days off. I envy the teachers with week long Thanksgiving breaks. πŸ™‚

Thanks for the freebie.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Heather November 22, 2011 at 4:56 am

Thanks for the cute homework pass! My kids sadly do not love homework so I know they will enjoy these thoroughly! Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

• Miss Squirrels November 22, 2011 at 5:29 am

I sent you a sunshine award…come check it out! Going Nutty! Staci

• Annie Moffatt November 22, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Just wanted you to know that your blog brings sunshine to my day and I just gave you the Sunshine Blog award. You don't need to post about it, I just wanted others to know how awesome your blog is!! As if they don't already know!!

• Chrissy November 23, 2011 at 1:19 am

I'm sharing the Sunshine Award with you! Please hop over and grab it!
    (PS: I have Dance Moms dish! The girls performed and they are A-MAZING!)

ReadWriteSing

• Laurie November 23, 2011 at 3:04 am

I just awarded you the Sunshine Award! I love your blog.

Laurie

• Grade ONEderful November 23, 2011 at 4:37 am

I've also given you the Sunshine Award, 'cause you make me smile!

❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

• Tara November 23, 2011 at 11:05 am

Your blog brightens my day so I'm giving you the Sunshine Award:) Pop by to pick it up:D

4th Grade Frolics

• Flats November 23, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Hi, Im not sure if you will be able to respond to this but your blog is AWESOME! I just joined Pinterest and saw your boards, pins, etc. I am a first year teacher in Florida-my whole class is ELL/ESOL. I wish you the best, thanks for sharing and have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

~http://teacherflats.blogspot.com/
    (Its more like a Reflection Piece-Im going to work on organizing it a little bit more; Im not as blog savvy yet).

• Katie and Steve November 24, 2011 at 12:32 am

Kristen,

Steve and I awarded you the Sunshine Award…I always love reading your posts you leave on our blog…and I heart your ideas!

Katie
    TwoCanDoIt.Blogspot.com

• melissa November 24, 2011 at 1:09 am

kristen! my little 3rd grade friends totally enjoyed your passes today!
    super cute..happy thanksgiving enjoy..

• Mandy November 24, 2011 at 2:41 am

I've awarded you a Sunshine Award (too). My post is here.

Mandy

• Lory Robinson November 26, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Adore all of your stuff! We have picked you as one of our recipients of the Sunshine Award! Have a great day!
    -Lory
    Fun for First

• Janine November 26, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I awarded you the Sunshine Award! Head on over to my blog to pick it up:

Faithful in First