Digraphs Chart {printable}

October 10, 2011

Digraphs Chart {printable}

October 10, 2011

Happy Monday (hopefully!). I can say that because we are off for the holiday…is anyone else home today?

I wanted to share a little chart I made to accompany the Consonant Blends one. Everyone left such thoughtful comments about the chart, so I wanted to offer another to say thanks.

I got these digraphs from The Reading Teacher’s Book of Lists, which I love!

My class is keeping these charts in their Language Arts folders, since we have pretty limited wall space.

They have served as a good visual reference so far, and I’m hoping the digraphs will do the same (they’re bit trickier than the consonant blends for my ELL students).

On a total and complete side note, my baby girl was very interested in the pictures I was taking of the chart (resulting in one sniffed-up document!). She’s tough to photograph, that one!

So I asked her to sit still for a better shot…

This was a happy picture, before she found out she was having a bath today!! Ok, sorry for the tangent, I couldn’t resist sharing!

And, speaking of sharing, here’s the file…

Digraphs Chart

• Ginger Snaps October 10, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Thanks for sharing! =)

• Dana October 10, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Super cute chart and adorable dog! Thanks for sharing!

Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

• Tara October 10, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Loving this…printing now to add to the consonant blends:))) Thanks for all the wonderful things you create and share:) Love your pooch too!!

4th Grade Frolics

• Reagan Tunstall October 10, 2011 at 10:28 pm

oh my goodness…I want to kiss her face…what a cutie! Thanks for the chart…do you hear my printer? I am doing the happy printer dance.

• Mrs. Saoud October 10, 2011 at 10:58 pm

She is too cute! Mine gets very interested in the printer. It's a mad dash to the inkjet the minute the paper slides through. Funny!

Cheryl

• Kristin October 11, 2011 at 12:26 am

Love the printable but I am dying over your baby!! What is her name? How old is she??? I am a dog lover to the extreme! She is adorable!!!!! 🙂
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• Kristen October 11, 2011 at 12:33 am

Thanks ladies!! Cheryl, I laughed out loud about your dog running to the printer! They're so quirky, aren't they?

Kristin, her name is Phoebe and she's one and a half. That isn't her best picture, I'm going to have to share more–she is gorgeous and wild and the absolute love of our lives. Needless to say, she's completely spoiled!! We have two black lab boys too, Nick and Jack. They are brothers and they have HUGE hearts. They are a bit camera shy (Jack attacks the camera, well, attacks as much as a lab does!). I have some old pics of them here: http://ladybugsteacherfiles.blogspot.com/2011/03/post-your-pets-linky-party.html. Bet you're sorry you asked!!

• Tanya Solano October 11, 2011 at 1:21 am

Oh, she's adorable!!! We lost Max, our 12 year old lab last Thanksgiving. So anytime I see labs my heart swells. I'm not quite ready to get another just yet. They are the best dogs in the world!
    Thanks for sharing the chart!

• Kristen October 11, 2011 at 1:23 am

Oh Tanya, I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our 15 year old girl a couple of years ago and it was so hard.

• Kristin October 11, 2011 at 1:35 am

I thought Phoebe looked like a puppy! I'm going to check out your boys when I finish up this comment. 🙂
    My pups are on my "about" page. But we lost our boy, Foster, this summer. It was the worst thing ever and I still don't think I'm over it. And I can't bring myself to take his picture down. But Sidney, our girl, is just trucking along. We rescued them — they are German Shepherd mixes. Super smart, sweet, and mellow. 🙂
    BTW I didn't discover and/or begin blogging until July so I missed out on the pet linky party. But if you want to do another one, I'll be first in line! 🙂
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• Kristin October 11, 2011 at 1:39 am

OHHHHH – your boys are adorable!!! Jack reminds me of Foster – big, gentle, happy!!!!! And when Foster was still with us, Sidney ran the roost, too. 🙂 It's a girl thing, I think.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• Kristen October 11, 2011 at 1:45 am

oh my, I'm heading over to your blog now to comment, what gorgeous pups!

• Kinderpond October 11, 2011 at 2:09 am

Sending lab love from my lab CJ 🙂

Jennifer

• Kristen October 11, 2011 at 2:12 am

Thanks for the lab love Jennifer!!! We say hello from Nick, Jack, and Phoebe!

• Deedee Wills October 11, 2011 at 3:46 am

Love your baby!
    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

• Chrissy October 11, 2011 at 4:38 am

Thanks for your tutorials. They've really helped me get started. Thanks for following my blog. I'm hosting a giveaway if you're interested.
     Chrissy

• Ms.M October 11, 2011 at 4:50 am

Oh my word, I adore the other chart and I love this one too! I can't wait to give it to my students.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Claudia C. October 11, 2011 at 10:26 am

Another great resource created !!! Thanks so much for your hard work and kindness!!

• luckeyfrog October 11, 2011 at 9:14 pm

So adorable! Love your puppy 🙂

• Keys4Education October 11, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Love your pup and your diagraph's chart! :o)

• Beth Ann October 12, 2011 at 9:32 am

She is beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing!

Beth Ann

• Pam October 12, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Thanks again for your willingness to accommodate my request – you rock!

• JOJO October 12, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Hey! I'm a new follower! I'd love to get in on the contest!

• Julie October 21, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Thanks so much! I have been using the blends chart in one of my reading groups and it has been a big hit! I was pumped to print the digraphs one today!

• Teacher Carrie November 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I am told when I try to save your blog in google that I have to have an invitation to follow your blog- please invite me! I LOVE it! I'm a preschool teacher for 4's.
    Please? and Thank you!
    Carrie Smith

• A Tale of 2 First Grades October 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Kristen,

I love your blends and digraphs charts. I would love to use them as desk charts for my students. Is there a chance they could be resized?

Alison

• Kristen November 4, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Hi Alison, thanks! I think if you use Adobe Reader for your PDF files (it's free) there is an option to print multiples to a page, so you could print two to a page and reduce it. I hope this is of some help!