Cursive Alphabet Chart & Alphabet Line

1. Mrs. Payton says:

This is super cute! I teach K so it doesn't apply to my classroom, but I could stand to teach my own child cursive considering our county no longer teaches it. Thanks for sharing – you have the cutest stuff πŸ˜‰

2. Paige says:

Thanks for sharing! This is awesome, and I love the "round" style! Would you ever consider making a word wall for purchase like your cursive one (circular)? Oh, the kids in our district start cursive in 3rd grade, but for my SpEd kids, it's extremely frustrating. Thanks again!

3. Kristin says:

These are REALLY cute!!! I love them! Our district starts teaching cursive in 3rd grade. I am really happy I teach first because I like my printing . . . but when it comes to cursive, YUCK. When I student taught in 4th grade, my master teacher had to "teach" me how to cursive write again. Seriously. It wasn't embarassing or anything. πŸ˜‰
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

4. Kristen says:

Thanks ladies! Paige, I will definitely consider that next πŸ™‚

Kristin, my cursive is absolutely TERRIBLE!! I can barely sign my name! My students end up writing better than I do, haha!

5. Erika says:

We introduce D'Nealian cursive in second grade even though most of the kids aren't ready for it. It's in our curriculum so what ya gonna do, right!

✿Erika
    2B Honey Bunch

6. Anonymous says:

We start in 3rd grade in my district, but just a little bit. They really hit it much harder in 4th, even though we don't have much time for it!

7. Have you heard of Hand Righting Without Tears? I think the website is HWTears.com? It's a wonderful cursive program. You're cursive looks great, too.

8. Ms.M says:

My students are just learning to write so I don't use cursive, but the chart looks fab! My district teaches cursive in 2nd grade and the kids LOVE it. For a couple years now there has been some debate whether to to switch over to keyboarding. So far not decisions have been made. I think they should teach both, why not.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

9. Ms.M says:

Ooooooo, I just noticed the new button. I am in love with it!

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

10. 1. This is too cute!!! Wishing I was teaching 3rd again!
    2. Thanks for the feedback earlier! I actually added my Power Point slides with the foldables. Will you stop by and tell me what you think?
    3. Been meaning to ask you for a while… what happened to the tutorials? I miss them. I've been trying to figure out how to make it possible for readers to subscribe to my blog via email.

❀ Mor ❀
    A Teacher's Treasure

11. Kristen says:

Hey Mor! I will definitely check them out, I'm on my way over!

As for the tutorials, it's funny you should ask, I just finished a new video right now. I've just been a teeny bit overwhelmed for awhile now, so I'm hoping to get back in a tutorial groove!! Stay tuned for tonight's, I think you'll like πŸ˜‰

12. Ginger Snaps says:

We teach cursive in 3rd grade in our district too. I love the signs by the way!

13. Anonymous says:

Hi Kristen,

Did you use D'Nealian cursive when making the chart and signs? I have to teach D'Nealian cursive to my 3rd graders!

Thank you for all your creative ideas you share πŸ™‚

14. Desiree Wong says:

So cute! My son is in private school Kindergarten and they're learning cursive! The do their printing for homework! He LOVES it and I am completely floored at how well all the kids in his class are actually doing with it. He'll love this at home by his homework desk! I would LOVE and purchase a round one with just manuscript for my classroom. πŸ˜‰