A Mini Word Wall

1. I love your fonts. What are they and where did you get them? :o)

Love your freebies!

2. Kitty W says:

I really love this idea and the portability of it. We are often at a loss for wall space. Did you laminate the word strips for durability? I wonder if popsicle sticks would fit in the pocket? You could play some fun games with this. P.S. I'm glad you are super excited to be blogging along such fabulous bloggers! 🙂
    ~Kitty
    The Write Handed Teacher

3. Ms.M says:

Keys4Education, the fonts I used are Smiley Monster & Pea Stacy Fancy and I got them both from Kevin & Amanda. If you Google Smiley monster it should be one of the first links in your search.

Kitty, I did laminate the word strips. Yes, you could also use Popsicle sticks. They are a perfect size and you don't have to do all that cutting. I was just afraid of the ink bleeding and wanted the words to be clear for my ELL kids. However, you could also print the words on labels and stick them on to your sticks.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

4. Melissa says:

I love this idea. We have "retired words" in my classroom and I post a list of "spicier" words for students to use. I like the idea of little slips so that students can take them to their desks to help them spell. I may have to rethink my retired words now!

5. Ms.M says:

Melissa,

I think it is the same things just with different titles. You could do the retired words on the pockets and the spicier words in the pockets.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

6. Sarah Adams says:

I am definitely making this. I will post picks on my blog when it's finished! I also have limited wall space and will be making a portable one! Thanks for the FREEBIES!

Sarah

7. Kim Balek says:

I was planning on using this idea also this year. I saw it somewhere on Pinterest. But I had not yet made the labels for the tired words and fancy words. I'm so excited you shared yours. That's one less project for me to do.
    Thank you!
    Freedom in First

8. Linda Romana says:

Love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! I def want to put some of these words to bed!

9. Nicole Chatz says:

Thanks for sharing. I have some extra Dots on Chocolate library pockets that I really want to use up! I think I am going to stick the labels on popsicle sticks and glue the pockets to a cupboard door. Ooh, I am excited to have another project for tomorrow!

Nicole

10. Hi Kristen,
    You had a tutorial about adding speech bubbles to your comments and now I can't find it. I have the bubbles (thank you!) but now I want to change the colour and can't remember how.
    Do you mind emailing me with a link or instructions?
    beleyne@gmail.com
    Thank you!

❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

11. Jennifer says:

I just love this idea! We start school in two weeks and I think I will get my board going so it will be there when they arrive! What a great idea! Many, many thanks!
    Jennifer