August 4, 2011
Because of the bad news: I thought the taller cups I was using for my supplies could be hot glued to the bins, so they wouldn’t tip over. Unfortunately, this melted my first set of cups beyond repair. Sigh.
However, I took solace in the fact that I hadn’t finished the project and ruined all of the cups yet!
No, I’m joking! From now on, it’s finish the project. Then blog about it.
So. Here is my Community Supply Bin system, officially. I’ve used versions of this in the past, but never with the larger shoe bins, just baskets. The bins will be ideal because they can hold so much more. I like how they are clear, because the label can be made to match the room’s theme and/or color scheme.
Smaller cups (which are very steady!) are used for crayons and glue sticks:
Taller cups are used for markers, colored pencils, and scissors. By the way, these cups were the original problem. But my sister (also a teach!) had a brilliant idea: We used those little shiny stones from the Dollar Tree to weigh them down a bit:
On a side note, the unfinished labels and failed project gave me the perfect excuse to try out a new kind of label, which I actually like better. I got the little frame graphics from this incredible site I keep reading about on several other fabulous blogs: Print Candee.