Community Supply Bins {printable}

1. Donna says:

Kristen,
    I was just in Target today staring at the baskets/bins trying to figure out how I wanted to manage my community supplies this year. I stood there for 10 minutes, couldn't decide, and left empty handed. Well, you just solved my problem – this idea is genius! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Donna
    Peace, Love & Learning

2. Kinder Fun says:

Ya! I love these!
    Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Ayala’s Kinder FUN
    ❤Michelle

3. uscteacher says:

This is the first time I have done labels for my community supplies and I'm loving the way it looks! I think because of you I have gone a little label crazy!!!

4. Ms.M says:

I would have never have thought of the weighted stones. I was thinking of suggesting some glue dots, but I like that the cups are not fixed and can be moved around. 🙂

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

5. Marlana says:

Could you use those little velcro dots or maybe even sticky tack to keep them down?

✿Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

6. Kristen says:

Hey guys, thanks so much!!

Marlana, thanks for commenting and stopping by! I did try Velcro, but then the cup wasn't steady when taken out and placed on the table. I like that the rocks keep them weighted and they can be moved around. Love your little flower on your siggy! 🙂

7. Dana says:

I hate to ask but….could you attach or send the new labels? they are just too cute. You are totally making my ocd addictions worse! Thank you!!

Dana
    myglittergarden
    dana.morrow@bisd.net

8. KHeister says:

What size labels do you print on? I am so excited to get this project started, I am just not sure what I should print on and how you got them in neon colors.

Thanks,
    Katie

9. Kristen says:

Dana, I am waiting on permission to share certain parts of the graphics. If I get an ok I'll be sharing them on here.

KHeister, hi! They actually aren't sticky labels, they are printed on colored paper and then taped on with packing tape to the cup (I think you can see the tape if you enlarge the picture). I hope this helps!

10. Busy Bees says:

I love community containers. They are so easy to refill and there is no arguing over I bought this or that is mine!! Thanks so much for sharing. Just became your newest follower!!
    BusyBees

11. Dana says:

Awesome! You totally rock!

12. Thank you so much for directing me to this post! I'm not *exactly* sure yet what I'm going to do about supply boxes, but I like your plan a lot! I like how the shoe boxes will catch little bits of "yuckiness" and could be so easily cleaned!

Thanks for taking the time to share your idea on my blog comments! 🙂

Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

13. Megan says:

I love these! I got my cups for my table boxes on sale (5 cents each!)and I had a light blue instead of the green I needed and your labels fixed my problem. I also snagged your A-H book bin labels for my reading centers. My classroom has never looked so organized. Thank you for sharing all your hard work!!
    Megan

14. Kristen says:

Hey Megan, thanks for stopping by. 5 cents is an amazing deal!! I'm so happy you could use the labels on the cups. Thanks for the kind words, you made my day 🙂

15. I love the labels! If I have further items to label – dry erase markers – rulers – calculators – how can i use what you created to make my own? Love them and can't wait to get started!!!

Whitney

16. Ashley says:

I think the answer to this question is probably obvious to you, but I am looking for the easiest way to copy your graphics on to the frames I purchased from Print Candee. How do you go about doing this?

Love your site!

17. Thanks to you, I just fell in love with Print Candee! How did I not know about it?! Love the idea for the community bins; my partner and I were just discussing how we were going to handle supplies next year, and I think that is an excellent idea!

Laura

Will Grade For Coffee

18. Mrs. Reading says:

Love your ideas! I'm a bit of a label junkie myself. I tried community supplies this year. I ran into the problem of supplies that had kids' names written on them…lots of, "hey, he's using my scissors!" did you run in to any of this?

19. mikelynn91 says:

Thank you VERY much for sharing your giftedness! May God bless you this school year with lots of fun moments with your class!

20. Unknown says:

This is beautiful! I have a few silly questions, though. Are the cups the plastic disposable kind, and did you hot glue the stones to the bottom of the cups? Thanks so much. You are AMAZING!

• Kristen says:

Thanks and not a silly question at all! The cups are plastic (solo cups) and I just put the stones in. This is my old system but it worked really well so I'm using it again this year (sans stones–I have smaller baskets that hold the cups more tightly this year) 🙂