New specials signs {printable}

July 19, 2011

New specials signs {printable}

July 19, 2011
And, you guessed it, they’re round! Don’t worry, the ones I’m sharing below don’t have to be circular!

Last year, I made all of our classroom signs with Thistlegirl graphics. Many of them can still be used, so I really only need to change a few to tie in with the new design scheme.

So, I picked some of the brightest-clothed kids I could find (to go with my color scheme) and printed them out on cardstock.

Since they’re going to be backed on black fabric on my bulletin boards, I decided not to laminate them. Which was hard for me, because I laminate practically every inanimate object in my classroom!!

But I thought the matte look would be nice against the fabric. I mean, once they’re up there, nothing will happen.

Right?!

Alas, I do not know the schedule of our specials yet. But I plan on printing the days on each of the five colors of bright paper and positioning them kind of free-form behind each little sign.

I don’t know if these signs will work for your specials, but I did want to share them, just in case you can use them.

Specials Signs

• Heidi July 19, 2011 at 2:46 am

I love love love those signs! I wish our specials were the same names. We have several more as we are on an 8 day rotation. With PE repeating several times. Love the people! Super cute!

• SDNana July 19, 2011 at 2:48 am

Thank you for sharing! I was wondering if you could do one that says "Guidance" with two generic looking kids. We have the counselor come into our classrooms to work on character and behavior issues. Thanks. Liz in South Dakota

• Erica Y. July 19, 2011 at 2:52 am

I love!!!!! We also have Spanish on our schedule. I have a few of the thistle girl icons. I'm going to try to make one. Quick Question: do you mind sharing the font name? I have OCD when it comes to matching :).

Thanks!

Erica

• Anonymous July 19, 2011 at 2:58 am

AHH, specials… I am so jealous. We don't have specials. So, yup – that means no planning period… we have to eat with our students at lunch and breakfast, and have to be with them at recess. I know, really random – but I just had to say that I am totally jealous of your specials!

• sydney July 19, 2011 at 3:03 am

OH MY GOSH! I think the health one may be the cutest thing I have seen!!!
    We have tons of specials including the ones you did, we also have P.E., Spanish, Technology, Math, Science – we're just cRazY! haha

Lessons Learned

• tmarie July 19, 2011 at 3:13 am

Too cute! Thanks for sharing!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

• Brenda July 19, 2011 at 3:25 am

Thanks for sharing these! They are too cute! (I wish we had Health so I could use that sign!).

Primary Inspired

• Kristin July 19, 2011 at 4:51 am

First, thanks for visiting my blog and becoming my newest follower! That was so sweet and unexpected!
    Second, these labels are ADORABLE.
    Last, we do not get Specials. We have a planning period in the morning before the kids arrive but you're looking at the music, health, art, PE, what have you, teacher! I think I need to move! 🙂
    Thanks again!
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• beagle2love July 19, 2011 at 6:57 am

I love the specials signs you are sharing. We have computers instead of health. Our specials block is 50 minutes a day. I am so thankful for the planning time!
    Cathy
    beagle2love@hotmail.com

• Monica July 19, 2011 at 10:29 am

love them! we have computers and spanish too!

• 4th Grade It Is!!! July 19, 2011 at 10:43 am

These are precious!!!! At my school we have the same specials with the exception of health. Our students also have computer. Thank God, for a planning period!! Please post a computer sign…

• Jess July 19, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I love the signs! We have specials everyday which is our planning time. We have P.E. not gym and we also have computers, science lab, and math lab. It's a very big school so they need a lot of specials. Thanks for sharing!

• Shannon July 19, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I love them! Thanks so much for sharing all of these great resources. You do a great job.

• amy July 19, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I love all your labels!!! I noticed on one of your post that you had round numbered genre library labels you were working on…I hope you will be sharing these soon!!

• Stacey July 19, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Totally awesome! Thanks!

• Anonymous July 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!!Ours is rotating but not as easy to remember for the kids since we have 5 enrichments and every Friday they go to gym again for "Fitness Friday." Gotta get all those "PE hours" in.

We also have computer and theater arts ..would you be able to make one for those?
    Thanks so much!!!
    roden26@gmail.com

• Kendall July 19, 2011 at 6:55 pm

These are so adorable! I WILL be using them in my room! Please please please make a Computer one!! Thank you!!

• Julie July 19, 2011 at 8:02 pm

As usual you ROCK!! Thanks so super duper!
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

• kool kindergarten kids July 19, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I can't wait to use these…would you be willing to add computer lab, assembly and guest visitor? Thanks!

• Anonymous July 19, 2011 at 9:05 pm

These are awesome!! : ) Thanks for posting! We also have the same specials except we have computers instead of health. I don't know how teachers do it that don't have plan time!! What font did you use? Thanks again!!

• Sara Carico July 20, 2011 at 1:29 am

love those! We have computers instead of Health, and once a month we will have Guidance instead of computers. We have them for 50 minutes a day, but we are on a rotation, so we don't always have them the same day of the week. I could make A B C D E and rotate them under the signs though…that's a thought!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

~Sara
    mrscaricosclass.blogspot.com

• Shelly July 20, 2011 at 2:05 am

These are great! I, too, would love to have a "Computers" sign. Are you sorry you asked? Thanks so much for sharing.

Shelly