Creating a Classroom Blog Video Series

July 9, 2011

Creating a Classroom Blog Video Series

July 9, 2011
Hi everyone!! I am glad to be back home and on my blog. I had so much fun guest-blogging over at Barrow’s Hodgepodge this week…thanks so much Mechele!!

Just in case you missed a video, I am reposting the first four videos in the series below.

I was wondering if I should continue the “Creating a Classroom Blog” tutorials or not. I would love to make more, but only if there are people who are interested. Would you like to see more?

If not, that’s totally fine–I have some other video ideas in mind. 🙂

I’ve also been working on a slightly different community supply management system, as well as some new labels. I am really looking forward to sharing those when finished!

Here are the four videos…have a nice evening!

• Mrs. Coe July 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Yes, please keep them coming!
    littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

• Pat's Paper Passion July 9, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I'd ❤ to know how to make my own template (since I have A LOT of clip art)…just a thought…

Is there anyway to make the font on the sidebar my choice?

Any way to make extra pages look more like the home page.

How is wordpress alike/different than blogger?

Pat

A Time to Share & Create

• Kristen July 9, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Mrs. Coe, thanks for stopping by, I will!

Hi Pat, I can go over how to change the font and make the pages look like the home page. As for wordpress, I don't know honestly, I'm a blogger girl through and through!! 🙂

• Sandra Guntorius July 9, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I watched them and would love to see more. I would love to know how to add my documents and how to do a button.

Thanks,
    mrs.guntoriusclass.blogspot.com

• Belinda Kinney July 9, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Yes, please!!! I started my blog a few days ago using your videos. Thank you for all of your tips and tutorials. Keep them coming!

♥Belinda
    I Love 2 Teach

• Down Under Teacher July 10, 2011 at 12:22 am

I love your videos – I've learned a few things for my own blog! I didn't even know how to add a new page and you have solved that for me! Thank you!

• Mrs. Krull July 10, 2011 at 12:22 am

Kristen – Thank you so much for posting these. They are fabulous. With your tutorials I was able to set up a classroom blog for the kids, one for parents to access info and see our goings on once school starts, and I took the plunge and started a teaching blog! I love your tutorials!

• Mrs. Saoud July 10, 2011 at 2:23 am

Yes. I would love to see more too. I've would love to see signatures, post dividers, side bar icons. If your list wan't long enough yet…

🙂

Cheryl

• Stephanie July 10, 2011 at 2:28 am

Please, oh please, do some more! I just started a class blog last week and I don't have a clue what I'm doing! Thank you for your hard work!

• Dual Kinder Teacher July 10, 2011 at 2:32 am

Well, you already know how much I love your tutorials! I too would like to know about how to use clipart, button, and I'm having trouble with google docs. Also, how would I add an image to my signature?
    ☼Libby
    Dual Kinder Teacher

• Anonymous July 10, 2011 at 2:49 am

Yes, these are wonderful tutorials! Keep them coming, please 🙂

• Kristi July 10, 2011 at 2:54 am

Please keep the video tutorials coming! You do a really nice job. They are simple, short, easy to understand, and give me ideas that I hadn't thought of before.

Quick question – what ap do you use to make the tutorials?

• Heather July 10, 2011 at 3:05 am

I agree with the crowd. I do hope you keep them coming. I have been watching them intently because I'm just about to set up my first one with blogger.

Thanks you so much for generously sharing your expertise!

• Sherry July 10, 2011 at 3:32 am

I have been watching the videos over and over and I hope that I can take the big step of actually creating the blog by the end of next week. My problem is that I like to do things only once and correctly, so I am really not willing to start with a regular looking blog…I want mine to look as funky as the ones I follow. So if you are l wondering what you could video about next, I could use help with how to take the html (have I got that right) and change the original blog page into the cool ones that I have seen.
    Thanks! (and please don't stop!!)

• Tanya Solano July 10, 2011 at 4:22 am

I have been so excited each day this week to see the new video clips. Please keep them coming! They have been so helpful to me as well, and I love the format. I am a very visual learner so seeing it in action has helped me so much! Thank you for taking the time and helping me learn.

I know you have a laundry list of things, but here are the things that really have me puzzled:

1. Using templates vs. backgrounds – I use the templates only because they are set up and ready to go. But, I would love to create using backgrounds as well

2. What photo editing program do you recommend for MAC? I'm looking to use photos in my classroom blog for the parents, and have seen photos with text and other cool stuff. I know PC users use Paint to do fun stuff…I'm lost…

Again, thanks for EVERYTHING!!!

✿Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

• Mrs. Reimann July 10, 2011 at 4:41 am

Thank you so much for the videos. I finally started a class blog by following watching this week. Please continue. 🙂

• Amber July 10, 2011 at 5:22 am

I am liking these videos, too. I'm not only learning stuff for my classroom blog, but for my teacher one too! Thanks!

• Mel D July 10, 2011 at 5:32 am

Oh PLEASE keep doing these videos! I am so pumped to do a classroom blog instead of an icky old school website…yuck..BORING! Thanks for sharing your talents!
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

• The Peterson Family July 10, 2011 at 9:58 am

Love the videos – they've been so helpful. I've had a personal blog for a few years, but I haven't tried out all the fun things that you can do now so it's been fun to learn from you!
    Now my problem is that I need to create 2 more blogs, one for teaching ideas and one for my class…what have I gotten myself into?
    Thanks:)

• Dianne July 10, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Please, please, please keep going. I am up and running this week…all thanks to you! As a visual learner, your videos are PERFECT for me. I'd love to know how to make my blog as beautiful as yours and many others that I've seen. I'm just using a blogger template right now. Thanks so much for sharing all that you do! My teaching has really come alive since I've entered the world of blogging!
    Dianne
    dmohler.blogspot.com

• Jodi July 10, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Love, love, love your videos!! Defintely keep them coming. I like to be able to "see" how to do things and not just read it. You rock!!

❀Jodi
    Fun In First

• Mechele July 11, 2011 at 12:43 am

Please continue. I have learned so much from them. Thanks for all your hard work! I just started my classroom blog from your tutorials and would love to learn more!
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

• Ashley July 11, 2011 at 1:07 am

I am really interested in the tutorials. I'm up to date on videos 1-4. I watch the video and then fix my classroom blog. I'd love to keep learning all the tricks. Thanks so much!

• Jennifer B. July 11, 2011 at 4:05 am

Add my "YES!" to the list! I now have a blog…with not so much to say just yet! Not only did I follow your directions to the T, I sent my best friend to your videos too! Keep 'em coming! I posted this question on Mechele's blog as well: "do you suggest starting with a teaching page or a classroom page, first?" Thanks again!

• Diane July 11, 2011 at 6:44 am

Yes, please keep the videos going! They have been great and are just the right length. I just started a blog about 2 days ago with the help from Cheryl at Primary Graffiti. Any training you can give me is great! I feel lost and don't know how to do these creative things that I see other teachers doing. I'm hoping I can have some time to practice and learn before school begins. There's so much I need to know!

Diane

• Kristen July 12, 2011 at 3:50 am

I'm so glad you guys can use them, I will be working on more this week! 🙂

• Kim July 12, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Please! Keep those tutorials coming! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the videos! They are extremely helpful! You go just the right speed too! The tech classes I have taken through school go waaaaaaayyyy to slow for all the non-techie people and I get so frustrated! Yours are the BEST!

• Mrs. Porter July 12, 2011 at 9:54 pm

You are a Godsend – I have learned so much from watching your tutorials. Please keep them coming if you feel so inclined!!

• Kristen July 13, 2011 at 12:53 am

thanks Mrs. Porter! I am working on more right now!

• Pam Justus July 13, 2011 at 1:11 am

I would love for you to keep them coming. I haven't had a chance to sit down and work on the tutorials. It is my goal to have a blog but I am such a novice. I love all of your stuff.

• Kelly July 13, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Please continue to post tutorials. I am trying to get up the nerve to make my own blog. 🙂

• Mrs. Shepherd July 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Loved all the tutorials, keep them coming. I have learned so much.

• Rose July 14, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Love the tutorials. Just started a blog today and need help in linking a blog with pics to mine and uploading docs to share. Thanks
    Rose

• MrsT's Beehive July 14, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I am "new" to teacher blogs. I have been following so many blogs using Google Reader, but now finally got the nerve to really get one going myself. I appreciate any help I can get and help getting some followers.

• Melly July 15, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Thank you! Please continue sharing tutorials. I'm "new" to bloggin as well. I LOVE them! I started one for sharing with teachers to get involved. I will also create a blog to communicate with my students and their parents. I'm very excited and your help is awesome! Thanks again,

Melly <><
    Second Grade Strategies
    & The Yellow Rocking Chair

• Tammy July 19, 2011 at 4:41 am

I would love to see more. You are amazing! The calendar is my FAVORITE!! I have learned so much from your videos. THANK YOU!!!
    Tammy
    Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten

• Madison July 25, 2011 at 7:33 am

I would love more! I am so excited you taught me how to make pages. Thanks!
    Life with Mrs. L

• Madison July 25, 2011 at 7:58 am

Kirsten,
    I have a question. Well probably a series of questions. I learned how to make pages today, but I want it to look more like a button and less like a link. Do you know how I can do that? Is it kind of like creating a blogger button? Do I create a picture and then connect the link to it? Hmmm. I would love some help. But I might try experimenting to see if I can get it by myself. How did you learn all this? I am impressed!

• Kristen July 25, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I am working on some more, thanks for the lovely comments everyone!

Madison, I have an old tutorial on it here: http://ladybugsteacherfiles.blogspot.com/2011/01/blogger-tutorial-more-on-making-buttons.html

I learned it from just playing around with everything, it is a huge hobby 🙂

• Kinder Latino July 25, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Thank you sooooo much for sharing all these wonderful tutorials!!!
    I have learned so much from you and think that my blog is looking decent enough so far. I have learned a lot from you, but still have so much more to learn. I am very grateful for this knowledge that you have shared.

Liida R. Barbosa

• Mrs. Zrihen July 27, 2011 at 1:00 am

Please keep the videos coming!!! They are so helpful to those of us that are new to blogging!!!

A Teacher's Treasure

• Mrs. Zrihen July 27, 2011 at 1:05 am

I have a question, how do I link my facebook page to my blog?

• Kristen July 28, 2011 at 12:57 am

Hey, I'm visiting you on your blog to tell you (just in case you don't see it here!) 🙂

• Deborah July 28, 2011 at 2:31 am

Hey Kristen,
    I did it. I embedded a calendar on my blog and created a second page… all because of you.
    Please do more. How about embedding video.
    Deborah

• Lynn Kasserman July 30, 2011 at 12:33 am

I would love to know how to add a signature to every post like you and many others have. Thanks.

Lynn

• Mrs. Morris August 10, 2011 at 4:26 pm

What do you use to make your videos? I would like to try doing some. Thanks!

Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

• Gracehopper August 21, 2011 at 5:28 pm

(In the style of Roger Rabbit): "Oh, yes, pppppllllleeeeaaaasssseeee keep doing theeeessseeee!"

Warmly,
    GracehopperLearning

• Gracehopper August 21, 2011 at 9:18 pm

You solved my dilemma! A while ago I emailed you asking about tying blogs together to make it look like one blog because I had more info. than 10 pages would hold. Problem solved! Now I have my posts disguising themselves as pages. (Super Secret Spy Stuff and TOTALLY Cool!) Thank you to infinity and beyond, Ladybug!

Warmly,
    GracehopperLearning

• Mrs. Smith August 21, 2011 at 10:59 pm

These are awesome tutorials! Please keep them coming. I'd love to learn how to share documents on my blog… I know so many people do that, but I haven't figured it out yet!

• Beth Cook September 9, 2011 at 12:14 am

Wow!! I just set up my classroom blog last night. After watching these videos it already looks more professional!! Please keep the visuals coming. Such a great way to watch, rewatch, rewatch again, oh, now I get it!!

• Karen Griffin March 31, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I am just beginning my blog and these tutorials are awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing. Please continue to post tutorials. You are a lifesaver!!

• Ms. Wainwright April 21, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Will you be posting any more videos??? I am looking forward to learning so many cool tips from you!!
    Thanks for sharing : )

Kathie
    The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

• Greg May 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I love these videos. They have been so helpful as I am just learning how to be a blogger!

I hope you'll check out my blog!
    Kindergartensmorgasboard@blogspot.com

• Greg May 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I love these videos! Please keep them coming! You have really helped me as I've started my adventures in the blogging world! I hope you'll check out my new blog!

Kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

• Anonymous May 29, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Thanks so much for the videos! I was wondering how to upload the pages from Thistle Girl like you have. I have a membership to Thistle Girl but am not sure how to upload to blogger.
    Thanks!

• KndergartenKim June 18, 2012 at 12:52 am

How do you put thistle girl on your blog? I want to purchase Thistle girl for my new blog but not sure how hard it is? Also how do you attach the videos…I would love to do that with my kids.
    kyelich@lcscmail.com