Classroom Design: Scene Setters

1. Dana says:

Super cute idea! I have seen pics of your reading area before, but had no idea it was a scene setter! I'm going to look for some and how I can use them in my room. Thanks!

Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

2. Jess says:

Do you get the scene setter from Oriental Trading? I really like this idea and I don't have any windows in my room, so I think this would help brighten things up without overdoing it.

3. Kristen says:

Thanks Dana!
    Jess, I don't think I got it from there…I just searched on google and tried to find the cheapest one. I think it was from some online party store. They do brighten up the room nicely. Thanks for reading 🙂

4. Those are awesome! Thanks for the idea! I am going to search for some also!

Jenaya
    Lesson Plan Diva

5. cleo77433 says:

This is SO creative, I was thinking of doing the EXACT same thing. I went to the Dollar Tree and they have various Ocean/beach themes for a buck each. They sell both horizontal as well as vertical ones each measuring about 3 X 5 feet or so….

6. mtompkins says:

I love how that looks! I never would have thought to use those scene setters like that. Very cool! I'd like to find a jungle/safari theme. 🙂

WILD About First Grade!

7. Ms.M says:

Very creative I can't wait to see what you do next.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

8. Tara says:

Such a cute idea!! Love it over the tops of your windows:) Good luck with the color/theme change…I was in a teacher store a few weeks ago and started that process and then got overwhelmed and walked away!! teehee:) Maybe later. Thanks for sharing, I'm pretty new to all this blogging but totally addicted. Love all the ideas and sharing:)

4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com

9. You are SO inventive:0) I am storing this idea in my file brain for when I go back into the classroom. Awesome!
    Annie

10. Such a great idea!!! I used one for our End of the Year Learning Celebration: Hollywood Style…and it just adds that extra special touch! Love how you are using them! 🙂
    Melissa

11. Kristen says:

Thanks ladies! I was kind of sad to take it all down today, but then there's the fun of a new year and a new set-up!

12. Anonymous says:

Thanks for sharing your great idea! I've already decided that I will be using scene setters in my new dark and gloomy classroom. However, I'm wondering how well do these hold up to direct sunlight? Will they help filter some of the light coming into the classroom?

Joseph

13. Kristen says:

Hi Joseph, I'm actually not too sure…I haven't put any of mine in direct sunlight. I think they would help filter it a bit. They're made from a really thin vinyl. Hope this helps!

14. Patty says:

I love these! I just found out Thursday (3 weeks after the start of school) that I am being moved out to a trailer to make room for a new class. I am in the process of moving and was not happy but decided to call my room the beach house. These will work great and make me eager to be in my new place.