May 21, 2011
I was going to make this a video tutorial, but the steps were pretty simple, so I thought I’d leave it as a picture tutorial.
I learned about getting subscribers to your blog from the fantastic Tamara, creator of Teaching Blog Addict. If you haven’t checked this blog out yet, please stop by…it is a collection of tons of wonderful teacher-bloggers! You’ll definitely want to subscribe to that one!!
So, subscribing to a blog is different from following, in that you can receive email notifications of each blog post.
For a blog author, this is pretty cool because you can check your stats and see how many email subscribers you have. Plus, subscribing by email means those readers don’t miss any of your posts.
Here are the steps to add this feature, if you haven’t done so already (it’s wicked easy):
1. Go to your Design tab, head to your sidebar, and choose Add a Gadget.
2. Follow by Email is one of the newest features, so it’s at the top.
Once you select this widget, all you have to do is decide where to place it on your sidebar.
3. To check your stats, you can go to the little tool icon to edit the widget, then…
4. You can click on the “View stats and learn more” link.
5. This will show you the number of subscribers you currently have.
I bookmarked this page, so I can check it once in awhile. Or obsessively!!
As a blog author, I think it’s really great to see how many people you have as email subscribers! I’m totally psyched to have two subscribers right now–thank you, whoever you are!!! 🙂
Is this a feature you’d like to add to your blog? Have a wonderful evening!