Science Notebook Labels {printable}

May 27, 2011

Science Notebook Labels {printable}

May 27, 2011
Hi! I had a very nice request from a wonderful reader who always leaves the sweetest comments. I had shared some labels for Science Folders the other night…here are some more for Science Notebooks. These labels fit the 2″ by 4″ shipping labels.

• Jess May 27, 2011 at 1:56 am

Thank you so much! I love all your printables and labels.

• Chrissy May 27, 2011 at 2:35 am

Kristen, I had to switch over to Firefox because Safari won't let me sign into Blogger. My son's dashboard keeps coming up, even when I hit 'sign out' on his page. Frustrating!!!

ReadWriteSing

• Melissa May 27, 2011 at 2:35 am

Yay!! Thanks for making these! I'm printing them tomorrow (on our teacher workday, school's out for kids- woohoo!). And maybe I have enough notebooks already for next year from when Walmart had them for 5 cents(and by maybe I mean I definitely do, I might be a hoarder).=)
    F is For First Grade

• Ms.M May 27, 2011 at 4:40 am

I am not having trouble logging in but I have noticed that some features & gadgets are not coming up. I am having to refresh.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Anonymous May 27, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Thanks Kristen for sharing! These labels are adorable!

• Amber May 27, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Kristen for sharing, I will definitely be using these labels next year!

• Mrs. Morris June 23, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Thank you for these! I will be putting these on the back of the spirals for extra identification!

Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

• Julie July 23, 2011 at 5:10 pm

These labels are super cute!! Do you have them for other subjects as well? I have been very inspired by all the ideas on your blog and website! Thanks for all that you do and all that you share!

Julie

• Kristen July 23, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Thanks Julie!! I don't yet, but I am sure I will be whipping some up for the new school year 🙂

• Giant dry erase number lines = instant engagement!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We’ve been working on using place value understanding to round to any place this week. I knew I wanted a dry erase number line so my students could alter the set up to round different numbers to the same place (such as rounding 82 and 182 and 1,182 to the nearest ten).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I used electrical tape to create seven huge number lines on the floor throughout the room. Then I added dry erase strips to the top of the segments on the number lines. I did not add arrows to save on tape (we have had several discussions this year about the significance of arrows on number lines, so they are always included otherwise).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We worked in groups of three to round various numbers. It was awesome! It was a kinesthetic activity that kept my active learners interested.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We started with the benchmark numbers first, then labeled the midpoints. Then my students placed the number given and rounded it on a whiteboard to share their responses.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once they were comfortable with setting up the number lines, we rounded larger numbers to the same place value. Many groups quickly realized they only needed to add extra digits to each part of their number lines to reflect the larger number...they were otherwise rounding to the same place! It worked out as a nice exploratory activity, rather than me just showing them the rules for rounding to any place.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The only bad part? The number lines will have to go soon, as they are stepped on throughout the day 😭 I wish we could keep them all year!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #roundingnumbers #iteachmath #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Have you used the checkboxes in google sheets before? They are an absolute godsend!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This year I’ve been using them to keep track of our daily read alouds. I’m embarrassed to admit this...but I forget which books we’ve read already! #teachinginyour40s 🙄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And adding them is super easy. Just go to the cell you want your checkbox to appear in. Click Insert, then choose Checkbox.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can change the size and color just like you would with any text. And you can click to check and uncheck. You can also hit your spacebar to check the boxes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hope this is of help if you haven’t tried this feature yet! The link to this reading tracker is in my profile if you’d like to see more...all the letters are linked up for you and there are some automatic counters to track everything you read: bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlesheets #technologyintheclassroom #classroommanagement #classroomorganization
    • Anyone else feel the same?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A very dear friend here in the states told me her likes were now hidden...and I was absolutely thrilled at the prospect!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As much as I hate to admit it, I feel I have lost my taste for posting over the years. I worry too much about how my next post will be received. I think too much about what is best to share to get the most likes I can. I don’t do this in any other aspect of my life...so why do I worry here?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I just want to post without thinking about these things. And I can't wait until my experience on IG is changed. Anyone else?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Prepping for field trips with digital slides!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Ok. It took me 18 years to figure this one out.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After YEARS of talking through upcoming field trips and trying to explain what to expect, it suddenly occurred to me...why not SHOW my kids all of the information in google slides?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I mean we all know pictures are worth a thousand words. And I can prep the slides ahead of time, so I don’t forget to include any important information.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I keep it simple. A slide for the chaperones and groups. A second slide with an overview of the trip. And one more featuring the schedule, how to prepare, and any important notes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I already used my first set last week and it was such a big help...and a huge timesaver!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀How do you prep your students for field trips? I hope this idea is if some help if you are looking to try something visual!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#fieldtrip #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #googleslides #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth
    • Sooo simple, but what a game-changer!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I first learned about these magnetic numbers for the date from @twoteachersinfifth, they always have the best ideas!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And now I NEVER forget to post the date!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Actually, my students don’t forget...since this is one of our class jobs 😉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The numbers are by Teacher Created Resources and can be found on Amazon.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I store ours in an Iris photo case...and I’m sharing the label on here in case anyone can use it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Please click the link in my profile to grab a copy of the label! bit.ly/WhiteboardNumbers⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀How do you like to post your date each day?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Looking for some new google fonts for your drive?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This summer, I compiled a huge list of favorite teacher fonts for google, thanks to so many of you who shared your favorites! 💜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can grab this resource from the link in my profile. Then, just copy and paste your new faves to add to docs and slides in your own drive!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are there any we missed? What’s your favorite google font?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googlefonts #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456