Leveled Bin and Book Labels (letters A to Z)

March 20, 2011

Leveled Bin and Book Labels (letters A to Z)

March 20, 2011
I’ve shared a bit about the leveled part of my classroom library in past posts (Leveled Bins and Leveled Labels).

I’ve had some requests for the other letters (I originally started out with A-P) so I wanted to post an entire set here. These files include the bins labels and sticker labels for the books themselves.

The bin labels below do not have a number on them (that is something I use as part of my larger library system) but I did leave them in a word document format, so you can change the size or whatever you’d like.

First, the bin labels…

ABCD | EFGH | IJKL | MNOP | QRST | UVWX | YZ

…and the leveled labels to make stickers for your books.

They are formatted so the letter is on the front and your name is on the back (once folded over the spine). See more about attaching these labels here.

AB | CD | EF | GH | IJ | KL | MN

OP | QR | ST | UV | WX | YZ

• Christina March 20, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Thank you soooo much for posting these, I had downloaded them from you other postings as well, and I can't wait to reorganize my library!! I think it will be a task I do over the summer! Thanks again for sharing 🙂

• Conchy March 20, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Wow!!! I am speechless… I hadn't done this because of the amount of work it would involve. I was "leaving it for another day". But now you've do e the job for me. There are no words to express my thanks!!!!! Ok, gracias!!!! :))))

Conchy
    Conchy.Marcano@gmail.com

• Laura March 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Thank you so much for posting the rest! 🙂

• Mrs. Saoud March 22, 2011 at 12:26 am

One of my sweet parents has been working for more than a month to find correct levels and add labels to each book, compliments of you! As you already know…You are fabulous!!! I did receive your message on twitter. I too copied and pasted. The Facebook post…Not so good but the link is available. I am determined to find a way to post once and available at all sites. Less work is always a PLUS!!

Cheryl

• Angie April 1, 2011 at 3:23 am

I LOVE your leveled book labels! Will you be posting the genre labels too?

• Ms. King April 13, 2011 at 3:13 am

Thank you SOOOO much for posting. I'm trying to get my classroom library off the ground for next year. This is a HUGE help!

• Heather April 17, 2011 at 2:32 pm

What a wonderful idea and thanks for sharing all your hard work!

• Love, Polka Dot June 9, 2011 at 2:10 am

Kristen…quick question that is driving me crazy! 🙂 So I started leveling all my books for next year..and theres a lot! So many of them are not in the Scholastic Leveling Wizard!!! I've tried AR and Lexile, but I don't get a lexile score on them either. I have been trying to eyeball the pages and label it as I see fit, but it seems like theres such a large range. For example, E can be the end of kindergarten or the middle of first grade. Is that right? Am I reading the chart correctly? Do you have any suggestions? Its driving me crazy, as it seems I have more books that are not in the wizard than those that are. Sorry for the lengthy comment, I couldn't find your email. Thank you sooo much! 🙂

• mk. August 29, 2011 at 11:37 pm

man you are AMAZING!!! thank you for sharing so much with us! i shared this blog with my teacher-friends b/c its such a gold mine!!! your students are so lucky…

• Rachel and Joshua January 31, 2012 at 11:16 am

Someone on pintrest linked a Guided Reading Level chart to your blog. I was broken down by grade level and where they should be in December, March and June. Do you still have that available? If so, where could I find it? Thanks!

• Amber Unger March 8, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Alright, I know I have commented on your blog several times already this morning, but I just have to say it again: THANK YOU! I can only imagine how much time and energy you put into all of your posts, your printables, and your blog in general…and to think you do that all for free! You're absolutely amazing. Coming from a teacher who is switching from Kindergarten to 3rd grade next year (while being away on maternity leave for the first month…yikes!), I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

• Anonymous March 12, 2012 at 12:10 am

I just found your blog and want to say thanks–THANKS! You have done a tremendous amount of work and it shows.

• xriszy July 30, 2012 at 6:14 am

Thank you so much for sharing! You are so kind. Your blog is very helpful especially for me since I will be teaching for the first time in August. Thanks! will tell my colleagues about your helpful website. Keep it up!

• xriszy July 30, 2012 at 6:15 am

• Stacia Seagroves April 5, 2013 at 5:19 am

I just found these and I'm so excited! This was exactly what I was looking for. LOVE them! Thank you so much!!!

• I’ve been reading, watching, listening, and trying to learn. I realize this alone is not enough. I want to speak but I am always afraid my words are not the right ones. But even if speaking is not my strength, I know I can take more action and this is what I will do. I'm grateful for everyone who is sharing actions we can take right away.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Thank you to @thedesignerteacher for sharing this image...Sarah has shirts with the same design and all proceeds go to @aclu_nationwide. #blacklivesmatter
    • How’s it going with your classroom cleanup? I had a two hour block the other day and will have a whole day next week to do more. It’s surreal. Hope you are all doing well ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#distancelearning #remotelearning #missmystudents #missmyclassroom #iteachfourth #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Not one thing worked today. Not zoom. Not google meet. Two weeks to go and I am missing my classroom more than ever!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
How much distance learning do you have left??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#distancelearning #remotelearning #notmyfavorite #missmystudents #andmyclassroom
    • Google drive shortcuts at a glance!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I know I shared these in a pdf the other day but I wanted to show another way to display these little time-savers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I split them into two files and resized them so they could stay at the top of my drive as a reference point...no need to open anything, just a couple of mini reference charts!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you would like to try the same, please click the link in my profile to grab a copy or visit: bit.ly/shortcutsataglance
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
They are in one google slide together. To view them separately, make a second copy of the file and delete the first slide. Now you will have two google slides you can keep at the top of your drive.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I hope you can use them! I can't get enough of them!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #distancelearning #distanceteaching #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I'm LOVING these time-saving shortcuts for google drive!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I compiled some of my favorite shortcuts that have eliminated a lot of double-clicking on items...as well as right-clicking and selecting from a drop down menu. These things can get pretty tedious when you are trying to move quickly, right? Especially with the amount of time we are working in google drive during distance learning!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The first set of shortcuts will work on anything you have selected in your drive. So if you select a doc, you can simply click one of these letters/symbols and be on your way.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The second set features a faster way to open up new docs, slides, sheets, and more. For these shortcuts, simply click the shift key along with the letter shown in the chart. So much faster than the traditional way!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I made a pdf of these shortcuts...you can save the file in your drive or even print a copy if you would like. Please see the link in my profile or visit: bit.ly/googledriveshortcutschart
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I hope they help save you some time during distance learning!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Which one do you think will be the most handy? My two favorites right now are the renaming shortcut and the share shortcut!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googledocs #distancelearning #distanceteaching #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Who else loves a good shortcut??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I seriously LOVE shortcuts. It may sound like such a small thing, but a one-click shortcut saves SO much time rather than double-clicking or right-clicking and selecting from a drop down menu.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
But just one little click? Then you are on your way in an instant!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And these google shortcuts are just that...lovely, one-click shortcuts!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are some of my favorites I started using last year...and now with all this distance learning I have found them to be so valuable as I navigate my google drive:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Open a folder or document: click letter o
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Rename a folder or document: click letter n
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Preview a document: click letter p
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Share a document: click the dot symbol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And that's all! Select any folder or document you are working on, click on of these letters/symbols, and you are on your way to the next step in your work!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I have a few more shortcuts to share and would love to put them together in a document that can be saved/printed...can anyone use this? Let me know and I will share it tomorrow!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Happy shortcutting!! And, more importantly, happy weekend my friends!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googledocs #teachertimesaver #distancelearning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram