Saving code online…so you can use that direct links thing!

February 22, 2011

Saving code online…so you can use that direct links thing!

February 22, 2011

I love technology. I LOVE it. But I swear, I cannot keep code in my head. So, if you want to use code for things like Leaving a direct link to your blog in your comments…you might need some help. I know I did! I ended up using an online paste tool here: Hey! Paste It!

Once you cut and paste your code, you can just bookmark the link and you’re all set!

Here’s mine…

Now I can just copy and paste this code when I post comments!

Alas, I am 3 days into vacation and already staying up WAY TOO LATE. What do I think this is?? Summer vacation? Well, I am going to try to tear myself out of the lovely teacher blogging world and go to sleep!

• klaw715053 February 22, 2011 at 7:38 am

I saved my link in a document and have been going back and forth from it copying and pasting. I knew there had to be an easier way. You found it and even better…you shared it! I am trying it out now. THANKS for sharing!!

Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

• Mrs. Saoud February 22, 2011 at 10:54 am

I have been obsessed with the direct link. I finally have the link remembered. I struggle with my signature and have spent hours trying to embed it to my layout but success, No! I will Hey! Paste It. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheryl from Mrs Saouds Class

• KindergartenWorks February 22, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Oooooh – I was just thinking about that once I read your embed post! I was using the post it note feature on my desktop but this'll be even better! Sweet! Thanks for sharing!
    -Leslie
    KindergartenWorks

• sailingintofirstgrade February 23, 2011 at 2:15 am

I am off to try this. I was like the first comment and now I can progress beyond it. I need to reread your signature post because now I want to do that too! Thanks for the extra work! LOL No seriously, I kove technology too and I think you are wonderful to share these great ideas!

Kim

Mrs. Saylorโ€™s Log
    Kim

• Ms. Wiley February 23, 2011 at 11:06 am

OMG THANK YOU!!! Yes!!! Now this handy dandy little site should help make my signature a lot easier. I know other people have fooled around with the html, but I just couldn't get it to work. THIS IS AWESOME THANK YOU.

Now I will try it out for the first time. Crossing my fingers..haha!

First Grade Serenade

• KindergartenWorks February 24, 2011 at 3:20 am

Came across this sqworl and thought of you Ladybug! It's a great mix of teacher-techie type things ๐Ÿ™‚ http://sqworl.com/lviewf
    – Leslie
    KindergartenWorks

• Chrissy February 28, 2011 at 2:19 am

Ok, here goes….

ReadWriteSing

• Stacey January 6, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Thanks for this, so helpful!! ๐Ÿ™‚

3rdgradetimesinct.blogspot.com

• Mrs. Johnson June 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Just found this! Thanks so much!

Emily