Saving code online…so you can use that direct links thing!

February 22, 2011

Saving code online…so you can use that direct links thing!

February 22, 2011

I love technology. I LOVE it. But I swear, I cannot keep code in my head. So, if you want to use code for things like Leaving a direct link to your blog in your comments…you might need some help. I know I did! I ended up using an online paste tool here: Hey! Paste It!

Once you cut and paste your code, you can just bookmark the link and you’re all set!

Here’s mine…

Now I can just copy and paste this code when I post comments!

Alas, I am 3 days into vacation and already staying up WAY TOO LATE. What do I think this is?? Summer vacation? Well, I am going to try to tear myself out of the lovely teacher blogging world and go to sleep!

• klaw715053 February 22, 2011 at 7:38 am

I saved my link in a document and have been going back and forth from it copying and pasting. I knew there had to be an easier way. You found it and even better…you shared it! I am trying it out now. THANKS for sharing!!

Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

• Mrs. Saoud February 22, 2011 at 10:54 am

I have been obsessed with the direct link. I finally have the link remembered. I struggle with my signature and have spent hours trying to embed it to my layout but success, No! I will Hey! Paste It. Thanks 🙂

Cheryl from Mrs Saouds Class

• KindergartenWorks February 22, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Oooooh – I was just thinking about that once I read your embed post! I was using the post it note feature on my desktop but this'll be even better! Sweet! Thanks for sharing!
    -Leslie
    KindergartenWorks

• sailingintofirstgrade February 23, 2011 at 2:15 am

I am off to try this. I was like the first comment and now I can progress beyond it. I need to reread your signature post because now I want to do that too! Thanks for the extra work! LOL No seriously, I kove technology too and I think you are wonderful to share these great ideas!

Kim

Mrs. Saylor’s Log
    Kim

• Ms. Wiley February 23, 2011 at 11:06 am

OMG THANK YOU!!! Yes!!! Now this handy dandy little site should help make my signature a lot easier. I know other people have fooled around with the html, but I just couldn't get it to work. THIS IS AWESOME THANK YOU.

Now I will try it out for the first time. Crossing my fingers..haha!

First Grade Serenade

• KindergartenWorks February 24, 2011 at 3:20 am

Came across this sqworl and thought of you Ladybug! It's a great mix of teacher-techie type things 🙂 http://sqworl.com/lviewf
    – Leslie
    KindergartenWorks

• Chrissy February 28, 2011 at 2:19 am

Ok, here goes….

ReadWriteSing

• Stacey January 6, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Thanks for this, so helpful!! 🙂

3rdgradetimesinct.blogspot.com

• Mrs. Johnson June 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Just found this! Thanks so much!

Emily
    Polish the Stars: A First Grade Blog

• How’s it going with your classroom cleanup? I had a two hour block the other day and will have a whole day next week to do more. It’s surreal. Hope you are all doing well ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#distancelearning #remotelearning #missmystudents #missmyclassroom #iteachfourth #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Not one thing worked today. Not zoom. Not google meet. Two weeks to go and I am missing my classroom more than ever!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
How much distance learning do you have left??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#distancelearning #remotelearning #notmyfavorite #missmystudents #andmyclassroom
    • Google drive shortcuts at a glance!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I know I shared these in a pdf the other day but I wanted to show another way to display these little time-savers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I split them into two files and resized them so they could stay at the top of my drive as a reference point...no need to open anything, just a couple of mini reference charts!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you would like to try the same, please click the link in my profile to grab a copy or visit: bit.ly/shortcutsataglance
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
They are in one google slide together. To view them separately, make a second copy of the file and delete the first slide. Now you will have two google slides you can keep at the top of your drive.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I hope you can use them! I can't get enough of them!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #distancelearning #distanceteaching #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I'm LOVING these time-saving shortcuts for google drive!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I compiled some of my favorite shortcuts that have eliminated a lot of double-clicking on items...as well as right-clicking and selecting from a drop down menu. These things can get pretty tedious when you are trying to move quickly, right? Especially with the amount of time we are working in google drive during distance learning!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The first set of shortcuts will work on anything you have selected in your drive. So if you select a doc, you can simply click one of these letters/symbols and be on your way.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The second set features a faster way to open up new docs, slides, sheets, and more. For these shortcuts, simply click the shift key along with the letter shown in the chart. So much faster than the traditional way!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I made a pdf of these shortcuts...you can save the file in your drive or even print a copy if you would like. Please see the link in my profile or visit: bit.ly/googledriveshortcutschart
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I hope they help save you some time during distance learning!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Which one do you think will be the most handy? My two favorites right now are the renaming shortcut and the share shortcut!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googledocs #distancelearning #distanceteaching #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Who else loves a good shortcut??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I seriously LOVE shortcuts. It may sound like such a small thing, but a one-click shortcut saves SO much time rather than double-clicking or right-clicking and selecting from a drop down menu.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
But just one little click? Then you are on your way in an instant!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And these google shortcuts are just that...lovely, one-click shortcuts!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are some of my favorites I started using last year...and now with all this distance learning I have found them to be so valuable as I navigate my google drive:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Open a folder or document: click letter o
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Rename a folder or document: click letter n
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Preview a document: click letter p
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Share a document: click the dot symbol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And that's all! Select any folder or document you are working on, click on of these letters/symbols, and you are on your way to the next step in your work!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I have a few more shortcuts to share and would love to put them together in a document that can be saved/printed...can anyone use this? Let me know and I will share it tomorrow!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Happy shortcutting!! And, more importantly, happy weekend my friends!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googledocs #teachertimesaver #distancelearning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite google font? There's a way to make your favorite a default font, EVERY time you create a new google doc!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I love this one so much.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
You know how google docs always open with Arial? Like size 11 I think? It's not that Arial is bad or anything...but it's definitely not my go-to font.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Luckily, there is a way to make your favorite font (and font size!) display automatically in docs! So every time you open a new doc, no more time wasted in selecting your favorite font and font size! It is SO awesome!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And really easy to do! Here are the steps (shown in the pictures step by step too):
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Open a new google doc. Type a word or phrase and highlight it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Select the text and choose your favorite font and font size. Keep the text highlighted.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal Text' to Match.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Then go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Now your new font is ready to go! Each time you create a new doc, your font will be there waiting...no more time wasting changing fonts and sizes!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Have you tried this feature before? I hope it helps save you some time if you haven't!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googlefonts #googledocs #googledrive #distancelearning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram