Homework Organization

1. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how it teaches the kids to be in charge of their homework! I am going to make this part of our turn in process! Thank you SO much for sharing!

2. Ms.M says:

I am going to organize it just like you. At the moment I just collect papers & pile them up until they bug me, then I put a sticker on them & return them. VERY UNORGANIZED. I am so ashamed. However, I am going to turn my life around with this system.

3. Ms. Morales says:

I love this idea. I have a homework cubby in which students keep ALL reading, math, and spelling homework in. In the morning while they work on their morning work, I go into each cubby to check homework. It is VERY time consuming. I like this idea so much better! I can't wait to use it!

4. I love that this makes the kids responsible for checking off their own work when they turn it in. I'm absolutely going to use this. I have the same type baskets to turn in, but usually have to go through all of the papers to check everyone off. I would love to hear how you organize daily papers that they do in class for you and how you have them turn those in.. thanks. jennifer
    Mrs.Macs Maniacs

5. Katie says:

Hello! I just came across your blog and love your ideas! I know it's been a while but I wanted to share how I organize my homework. I have one basket that holds all homework. On the side I have clothes pins, one for each student. Their names are written on a pin. When they come in they attach their pin to their homework and out it in the bin. It keeps everything together and it's easy to see at a glance who didn't do their homework or is absent. It has worked great for me and the students love it!

6. Lisa T. says:

Hi Kristen,
    Could you make the homework sign say "Writing Homework" and one that says, "Current Events"?
    I really want to try to get organized this year and I love your template.
    Thanks!
    Lisa

7. Mrs. Blair says:

This was really helpful! I'm always struggling to collect the kid's homework, check off that they did it, then re-organizing it so I can correct it according to subject, then re-organizing it again so I can get it back to them. Was this an easy routine to set up in the beginning of the year?

8. Anonymous says:

Can you possibly make a Reading, Science, Social Studies, and Health basket paper and checklist? I would just love to have everything look as awesome as the three you put up!

9. Do you have any suggestions for parents to help get their kids organized at school? My son is horrible and teachers keep saying we just need to work on it but while he's at school I don't know how to help. His desk is the worst. He's the kid with the overflowing desk. Any suggestions you might have would be great! The desks they have are the open top kind, would these baskets work?
    Thank you!
    Daisie

10. Laura Barone says:

Thank you, THank you for your amazing ideas!!!!! If I may ask, what is that monopoly bulletin board in the background of your pic with the blue bins?

11. Kristen says:

Hi everyone! The post you are reading above is an older one, from 2010. The downloads above are still available if you would like to use them, but I've since adapted my system a bit for the 2012-2013 school year.

I plan to be sharing my system soon and will catalog it on "Classroom Design & Organization" page when it is ready, so you can view the latest system we use in our class.

Thank you for visiting!!! 🙂