Homework can be fun with…

1. Caleb's Mama says:

What do you have your students do at each of the stations? What do you have them do in the computer lab? What is Image Making Alley? and Picture Writing Path? Thanks!

2. Hi Caleb's Mama,
    Some of those street names don't have an activity/prize…they are just gameboard spaces. The image making and picturing writing are named after a program we use for Language Arts. The computer lab is kind of like the Go to Jail place in Monopoly.

The only places that have prizes are labeled…and there are the few with "Spelling Question" and "Math Question" throughout the board. For those I just ask a review question.

3. Anonymous says:

I just love this idea. I have been trying to get your gameboard and prize cards, but everytime I click on it, nothing comes up. Can you email me these? I would be forever greatful. My email is Boomercakes@roadrunner.com. Thank you so much!!!

4. Anonymous says:

Kristen-
    I have been looking for some homeworkopoly boards- LOVE yours! I am looking for a version that I can edit (I'm doing a hollywood theme this year) and was wondering where you got yours.
    Liz

5. Kristen,
    What font did you use to create your Homeworkopoly board? I just LOVE it!

6. Kristen says:

Hi Liz! Thanks, I made it myself, but there are blank game templates out there you could modify.

Suddenly 2nd Graders…it's Elephants in Cherry Trees from Kevin and Amanda fonts. 🙂

7. ooohhhh…yeah! I already have that font. I have never used it! Thanks for the quick reply. I am making my board to match my Hollywood theme this year! I will let you know how it turns out!

8. I can't get my capital letter at the beginning to be bigger, like you did. Any suggestions?

9. Kristen says:

Do you mean on the street names? That's a combination of two fonts…I think Elephants for the capital and smiley monster for the rest of the word.

10. YES! Thanks so much! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your homework board and didn't change much (actually, just the spaces for the cards they draw!) YOU ROCK! Those are my two new favorite fonts-thanks to you!

11. Anonymous says:

I love this idea!! Do you have game pieces with each student's name on them? Or do you just have one that everyone plays? Thanks!

12. Anonymous says:

I am wondering about the game pieces as well…Do you leave them on the board all week long or how do you do that?

13. Teacher says:

How large is your Homeworkopoly area?

14. Kristen says:

Hi!! The pieces are just math chips taped to the board (one for each kid, with their initials in Sharpie).

I'm not exactly sure how large the whole thing is. I do know that the board itself is pretty small. I would have to put my gameset together to know the actual size, but it's at school 🙂

15. Mrs. Slyter says:

This is great! Thank you for sharing! ~Christy

16. Kim says:

Is there a way for me to just adapt your board to fit my classroom needs? I love your setup compared to the one on teachnet.com plus I do not have the same font. I just wanted to change the writing and drawing aspects of the board. Thanks!

17. Kristen says:

Sorry Kim, only have the file as a pdf!

18. Kristen, I loved this so much that I'm trying it out in my class! We played our first round yesterday for students who completed all of the homework for the week. They were so excited to play and were already talking about playing again next week.
    For the Math and Spelling questions, I found some great task cards for 5th grade that serve as a review of previous content in math and vocabulary review for the spelling. When answering the question, they still get a prize- a school "Cougar Paw" (our PBS incentive).
    For their tokens, I cut out small circles from card stock and used those small school picture stickers we always get. The kiddos were so excited to see their picture as their token!
    Thanks so much for sharing this idea and the board! It's a big hit so far among my students and co-workers! 🙂

19. Anonymous says:

AH! As a teacher without a classroom, I am REALLY excited to get to use this one day! Thank you SO much for sharing!

20. AM says:

Love this idea it is brilliant :D! I am just wondering whether it would be possible to send your PDF document of the board to aimee.jade@hotmail.co.uk.
    It would be much appreciated, thanks 🙂

21. Anonymous says:

I have been looking for some type of Monopoly Homework board forever. I am so glad that I came across yours. I teach Jr. High students so I have about 80 a day. I am planning on doing it as a whole class incentive and they get to move if the whole class gets their homework turned in. Would you be able to email me your board? smartin2@galesburg205.org Thank You!

22. Anonymous says:

Love the idea! What do the students do when they land on "go to the computer room"? Is there a prize? And must they roll doubles to get out like in monopoly? Also, is there a prize when they pass go? Last question, does ever chance card have a prize, or do some of them say "go forward 1 space, etc…" So excited to do this next year!

23. Erica says:

This idea is AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing.
    I would be VERY VERY grateful if you could email me the links; I can't get them to open. (Board and cards)
    epater@cowetacharter.org.
    Thank you thank you thank you for helping me motivate my kids to learn!

24. Anonymous says:

I made a Smartboard version of this game since the wall version took up too much space. My kids love doing homework so they can play. I have been using it for years. I love your version as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Kim – 3rd Grade Plato, MO

25. Mrs. K says:

Thank you so much for sharing. I will be using this board with my 2nds next year. I will assign each child a number and write that on their chip. We have children move in and out so often that assigning numbers is easier than trying to erase names on all my classroom management boards.

26. Anonymous says:

I love this! I have used something similar for the last 4 years. I use thumb tacks with their numbers on it As game pieces to go around the board. I've included things like lunch with the principal (my principal is cool), all jobs for the day, move desk to chosen location for the day, line leader for the day, etc. It works well. I randomly chose 2 times a week to do it and all their homework has to be done that day. The beautiful things is they never know when ill do it

27. gigirod says:

I LOVE your board! I am so looking forward to using it in my class next year. Thank you so much for sharing! =)

28. Anonymous says:

I am doing this in my classroom also…What would you suggest for the student game pieces that they move around the board? I was thinking bobby pins that they could tie their favorite color ribbon. I will have about 29 students in one group.

29. Siobhain says:

I would love this for my classroom !!! What did you use// how did you make this ?

30. Anonymous says:

I would love a copy of your gameboard also! I think this is awesome and look foward to placing mine in a classroom when I get one! Please email to: Kjanscha@yahoo.com

31. Anonymous says:

My parapro created a board for our classroom this past school year and it was such a hit!! They begged to play it every friday (as long as they completed and turned in their homework on time!) She glued the gameboard to a small, moveable bulletin board and used pushpins with cutout hornets glued to them (our logo) and wrote their names on each pin. The kids rolled the die and moved their pin the amount. They loved the ability to do it themselves , too. We then made a separate pocket chart with their names and put their "chance" or "community" cards with their names so we could keep up with the special activity or prize they received.
    Such an awesome idea!

32. I love this idea. Thanks for sharing. I have always done a game time but this sounds like more fun!

33. Hi. This is so cute! Do the students just get one roll per Friday? If so, what happens when they land on a "property" where there is no reward? Thanks so much!

34. Hi. This is so cute! Do the students just get one roll per Friday? If so, what happens when they land on a "property" where there is no reward? Thanks so much!

• Kristen says:

Yup, just on Fridays (though I don't use this board anymore, it's from a couple of years ago). When they landed on a blank space, it was just a move on the board. 🙂

35. Anonymous says:

I'm a little confused. . do the children only get 'prizes' if they land on 'collect a card' or the colored spaces as well

36. Anonymous says:

Could I please get the smart board version sent to me?? Have a difficult class this year and think they will love this. Thank you!!! hockey_21@hotmail.com

37. Stephanie says:

Could I also get the smart board version sent to me? Anticipating homework difficulties for the upcoming school year. Thanks! bowlingstephanie@gmail.com

38. Thank you so much for this amazing idea!!!

groovyeducator.blogspot.com

-Andrea

39. kdtex23 says:

Hello! One of the comments posted was about a smartboard version! I would love that file if possible. My email is kelley23_98@yahoo.com if she could send it. I think it was Kim from Plato, MO.

Thank you!
    Kelley

40. Kristen says:

Sorry I don't have a Smartboard version–just a pdf! 🙂

41. Kristen says:

Hi everyone! The post you are reading above is an older one, from 2010. The downloads above are still available if you would like to use them, but I've since adapted my system a bit for the 2012-2013 school year.

I do not have a Smartboard file for this Homeworkopoly, just the pdf version shared above (I wish we had a Smartboard!!).

Thank you for visiting my blog!! 🙂