Storing Those Plastic Bags

June 10, 2013

Storing Those Plastic Bags

June 10, 2013
 Hello everyone! I’m linking up with Tara for the brightest part of any Monday:
I tried to keep my Monday Made It simple because we’re in our final nine days of school and things are getting busy!
So this is a quick and easy storage fix I learned all about from my kind friend Diane over at Fifth in the Middle. You can see her post about Grocery Bag Containers by clicking the green link, hers came out beautifully!
Fifth in the Middle

Diane showed us how she converted a canister of wipes into a handy storage container for those oh-so-helpful plastic bags you might have floating around the classroom:

2015 UPDATE: Plastic bags come in handy when my students need to carry something extra home, when someone moves to a new school, when projects are being carried onto the bus…the list goes on and on! I’ve now used this container for years and it has been so helpful to have the plastic bags handy.

I just printed the label (you can find it at the end of this post), laminated it, and hot glued it to the container. Then I removed those extra flaps on the inside (so the bags could slide out a bit easier) and voila!
I love how the container takes up very little space and I don’t have to look at my ugly grocery bags anymore! Now they are all tucked away, ready for use at any moment. Thanks Diane!!
I have the label all set to download here, in case you would like to use it as well. Please click on the image below for a direct download:
And please be sure to check out all the fantastic creations below:

• Miss Nelson June 10, 2013 at 11:07 pm

super cute! Thanks for sharing.

• Diane R June 10, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Love it! Thanks for the shout out 🙂

Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

• Tara June 10, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I love this! Yes, it is simple but so classy as always with you:) Love it and appreciate you linking up while you're still in school:) Thanks girl!!!

4th Grade Frolics

• Kelly June 10, 2013 at 11:25 pm

You totally showed me up, I made one and didn't put any kind of label on it! lol Very Cute!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

• Kristin June 10, 2013 at 11:45 pm

Now that is super!!!!!!!! 🙂

• AMC Looking From Third to Fourth June 11, 2013 at 12:06 am

That is super cute and useful! I love when you make something useful since you are so good about sharing that I get something cute and useful too! Thanks for the label!

Looking From Third to Fourth

• Primary Paradise June 11, 2013 at 12:30 am

So cute. Thank you for sharing.
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

• kheila dunkerly June 11, 2013 at 1:17 am

I was just thinking I needed to organize my bags…instead I threw them all away! This will be perfect for next year. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Kheila

Two Friends In First

• Anonymous June 11, 2013 at 1:19 am

How smart! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Heidi

• Joanne Miller June 11, 2013 at 1:20 am

Love it! It's stylish and compact! Awesome!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

• Molly June 11, 2013 at 2:37 am

Such a great idea!! Currently my plastic bags are shoved in a space with my paper cutter… not ideal and it temps me to just throw them away so I don't have to deal with them, which I don't want to do!! This is such a perfect solution and I can't wait to make this asap!!! And since we are still in school I know I'll have a few more of those containers getting emptied out before our last day! 🙂

Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

• Marissa Tompkins June 11, 2013 at 2:42 am

Wow! Cute and practical! Thanks for sharing!

Marissa
    WILD About First Grade!

• Elizabeth Supan June 11, 2013 at 2:52 am

I knew this would be awesome!!! Thanks for sharing it, too!!
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

• Heather Byers June 11, 2013 at 3:01 am

I am so doing this for next year!
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea.

Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

• Jordan Piacenti June 11, 2013 at 5:02 am

This is a great idea! Right now I have all of my plastic bags shoved in an old tissue box which works, but is nowhere near as cute!

Jordan

Sweet Little Things

• Brandee Green June 11, 2013 at 11:05 am

Both practical and cute. 🙂
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

• Courtney Bartlett June 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Great idea! I love the label. Thanks Kristen! Hope your last days go by fast!

Swimming into Second

• Casey Turner June 11, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Super cute! Now I can't wait for my wipes to run out! 🙂

Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac

• Exploring Elementary June 11, 2013 at 1:49 pm

LOVE it! Love the graphics!

Carmen

Exploring Elementary
    Fourth Grade

• A Rocky Top Teacher June 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Love it!

-Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

• Melissa June 11, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Your labels are always so cute! Love it!

Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

• Caitlin June 11, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Everything you make is so cute!!

Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

• Collaboration Cuties June 11, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I love when you make labels or posters or anything for that matter. They always look so perfect. I need to learn from this- sometimes simple is better. Ok, ok, simple is always better.

I hope that you have a good 7 days (?) left! Summer is around the corner!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

• Katie Erb June 12, 2013 at 4:44 am

This is great!! I ALWAYS find my kiddos needing a bag to carry SOMETHING home in, but I never have any at school! Thanks for the super cute label!

Katie
    Erb Rhymes with Verb

• Lizzy @ The Teacher Chick June 14, 2013 at 4:30 am

Love this! Thanks for all of your inspiring ideas! You have inspired me to get going on my own blog and linky party! Please come see me!

The Teacher Chick

• Deanna June 14, 2013 at 5:16 am

Awesome! I've been saving up my containers for ideas such as these, but haven't gotten around to it…this label totally motivates me! LOVE!

• Renee Living Laughing Loving June 14, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Love it!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

• Rachel June 16, 2013 at 4:30 am

Only you could make plastic bag storage cute! 🙂

Thank you!

Rachel
    thirdgradecupcakes.blogspot.com

• Jennifer Tice June 18, 2013 at 10:44 pm

LOVE how that turned out!
    Rowdy in First Grade

• Ok, this is nothing major but it has really sped up my planning time in @planbookcom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Did you know you can navigate from lesson to lesson with arrows on the right and left? It is SO much faster than double-clicking in and out of lesson boxes!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This is probably one of those things everyone knows except me...but I wanted to share just in case!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lessonplans #planbookcom #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Three days of school, three books read for #classroombookaday!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This has already become a highlight of our day and I love this bonding time with my new sweet fourth graders ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Next week, we will start discussing the themes and character traits we encounter during our daily reads, thanks to the brilliant @headoverheelsforteaching‘s resources!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Have you started #classroombookaday again this year? If you are new to the concept you must check out @heisereads classroombookaday.com who developed this...she has tons of book recs and ideas!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroombookaday #picturebooks #readersgonnaread #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Three days of school and I STILL have a couple of unfinished areas. This whiteboard isn’t hung on the wall, my drawers are only partially labeled, and I have piles of things on the floor to put away BUT...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The first days of school have been absolutely awesome with my new students!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I really think it’s SO hard for a type A teacher to learn to let things go...to take more time in the summer away from the classroom. I have been working at it for a few years now and I think I’m finally making some progress.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My room isn’t completely ready for the new year but I definitely am ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#movingawayfromtypea #teacherselfcare #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Year 18, day two!! It was too busy to post a first day of school picture yesterday 😅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Who else started this week?? I hope it’s been great!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#backtoschool #year18 #wheredoesthetimego #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Sharing a quick Google Sheets tip!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you are using the checkbox feature and working with a large list, there is an easy way to uncheck all your boxes AT ONCE when you are done with your list!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click at the top of the column where your check boxes are located (swipe to see). This will select the whole column.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Then click your space bar...this will automatically uncheck all of your boxes at once! You can also check off large groups of checkboxes using this same tip.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I used this feature while printing off the covers for our read alouds today...it saved me a ton of time!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you’d like to see more about this digital read aloud tracker, please click the link in my profile or type bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googlesheets #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many days do you get for classroom setup?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We have our one day coming up on Tuesday...and I have a zillion things to finish. Most parts are almost done, but there are stacks of things on the floor everywhere (swipe to see) 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroomorganization #kindof #andstacksofsupplieseverywhere #teachertired #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram