Scientific Method Signs

May 14, 2013

Scientific Method Signs

May 14, 2013
So, it seems it has become a tradition for me to redesign these signs each year. This is the third set I’ve made and shared here on my blog. And I’m linking them up with my friend Tara for her Monday Made It!
There are nine signs in all, displaying the different steps of the scientific method…

They’re a bit bright to look at here, but I promise they print out nicely! I wish I had a picture from my class to show them in action (well, kind of in action, since they really are just sitting there on a bulletin board) but alas I am in the midst of assessments and do not have any photos!
I do have them in a file to share though…please click on the image below for a direct download:
I hope they can be of use. Thanks for stopping by, I hope your week is off to a nice start!

• Brooke at Whooo's in Second? May 14, 2013 at 2:07 am

Kristen,
    I love the signs – no need to ever redo again! They're super cute and perfect…
    Brooke

• Mrs. Wathen May 14, 2013 at 2:55 am

I am working on our Science Fair project this week. These are PERFECT!
    Thanks for sharing.

Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

• ~Stephanie May 14, 2013 at 2:56 am

Fabulous! And good timing too….I am in the middle of thinking about this scientific method thing to end the year (not that we haven't been doing it all year….but our science fair projects came back today and, well, we need a refresher….again.)

Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• 4321Teach May 14, 2013 at 3:22 am

Kristen, these are cute! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

EmilyK

• Suzy Q May 14, 2013 at 3:39 am

You know these are great when we don't even GET to do experiments in second grade, but I downloaded them anyway! Thank you for sharing…I love your visual sense!

• Brandee Green May 14, 2013 at 9:39 am

One of my teacher friends just decided to teach Science next year…I am going to download these and give them as a surprise today! Thanks for sharing. They are so cute!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

• Susan Cahalane May 14, 2013 at 10:10 am

Hi Kristen, I love these bright, fun signs! Thanks so much for sharing!!

✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

• Stephanie May 14, 2013 at 3:07 pm

These are awesome! I see a new bulletin board in our future!!

❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

• Everyone deServes to Learn May 14, 2013 at 6:35 pm

They are so pretty. I know they will come in handy some day!

-Maria

• monstermum1 May 14, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I was asked for a password after I had tried to download the signs. Is that how you designed it, so that they could not be saved?

• Jane May 15, 2013 at 1:55 am

I love these signs – thanks so much for sharing. They will surely brighten up my science board.

Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

• Rachel May 16, 2013 at 2:32 am

They look great! I always love your signs!

Rachel
    thirdgradecupcakes@blogspot.com

• Do you and your colleagues use a team drive in school?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My teammate set one up for us last year and it is the best! We can store all of our standards, assessments, field trip forms, lesson ideas...so many things to keep us all on track.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The only part I don’t love?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀There’s no option to color code folders the way you can in your personal google drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But...there is a different way to make the folders stand out and easy to find! I just added an emoji to each one to make everything a little more visual.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It’s really easy to do and it adds a little pop of color to make those gray folders easier to navigate! I put the link to an emoji site in my profile, in case you’d like to try this on your computer (https://emojipedia.org).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Sharing some google fonts that would make awesome titles for different units!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The name for each font is in parentheses. To add the fonts to your docs and slides go to font, choose “more fonts...”, type in the name of the font you would like, select it, and then click ok!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Would you like to find more fun google fonts? If you go to the google fonts site you can search over 900 different fonts for your drive! I added the link to the site in my profile if you’d like to try it out (https://fonts.google.com).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorite fonts for titles in google? Mine is Oswald Bold!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googlefonts #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Using Google Slides for field trip groups this week!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is was one of those 🤦‍♀️ moments for me this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀In the past, I would ALWAYS fly into work on the day of a field trip and frantically write chaperone names and student groups on the whiteboard...while thinking of all the other things I had to do that morning before we left. Very stressful.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This year, I started setting up a Google slide with my chaperone names and student groups the night before. I just add a little photo of our destination for interest, then make squares for “sticky notes” with all of the group information.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This saves so much time on the morning of the field trip...I just turn on the tv and display the slide for my students (and parents!) as they come into class. It frees me up for other last minute details I need to do before we leave...and it spares my chaperones from my awful writing on the board!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Slightly related: the second pic is our destination this week and it is usually a blast to see my city kids in the forest!! But it’s supposed to be 36 degrees and raining that day, uggghhhhh.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀How do you like to organize your field trips? Do you have any tips we can learn from you?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #googleslides #googledrive #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Mother’s Day trinket trays!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This was such a fun and easy project! I found several tutorials on Pinterest for this craft. We used mason jar lids (two for each student...and they could make them for anyone they would like to celebrate: mothers, grandmothers, aunts, fathers).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We painted the outer and inner rims of the lids. Then we traced a template and cut out circles of scrapbook paper to place inside the bottom of the mason jar lid.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀SO easy and my students were really proud of their gifts for their families!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Please swipe if you’d like to see more of their designs...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#mothersdaycraft #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • The best thing I have done for myself this school year?Well, it’s really thanks to my sister @fashioncrazelearningdays. We were on spring break and she suggested deleting our gmail apps on our phones, so we wouldn’t be tempted to check work email while on vacation.And I felt so free!! I mean, I feel like I am CONSTANTLY checking my work email...in line at the grocery store, waiting for dinner to finish cooking, right before I go to sleep (never good to do that).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So even though I’m back from break, I’ve left my app off of my phone. I check my email frequently at school and throughout the evening when I work on my computer.But it’s such a relief to know when I power off my laptop, the email checking is done for the day too.It helps wrap up a work day that could truly never end...and I know you all know what I mean!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Is this something you already do? Do you have any ways you like to make the job have an ending each day? Please share with us!#teacherselfcare #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Google Drive shortcuts!!! Ok, this one is really awesome.So it turns out there are a ton of shortcuts to save you time when navigating through your docs! If you click on a doc in your Drive, then use one of the keyboard shortcuts, it will get you moving, creating, and sharing even faster!Here are a few examples:You can click enter or o to open your doc, p to preview it before opening, . to share, and n to rename!! (These are my faves!). To access all of the shortcuts, head to the gear at the top right hand side of your Drive. Then choose “keyboard shortcuts” and you can see all the keys you can use to save time!What’s your favorite Google Drive shortcut?#google #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram