Scientific Method Signs

May 14, 2013

Scientific Method Signs

May 14, 2013
So, it seems it has become a tradition for me to redesign these signs each year. This is the third set I’ve made and shared here on my blog. And I’m linking them up with my friend Tara for her Monday Made It!
There are nine signs in all, displaying the different steps of the scientific method…

They’re a bit bright to look at here, but I promise they print out nicely! I wish I had a picture from my class to show them in action (well, kind of in action, since they really are just sitting there on a bulletin board) but alas I am in the midst of assessments and do not have any photos!
I do have them in a file to share though…please click on the image below for a direct download:
I hope they can be of use. Thanks for stopping by, I hope your week is off to a nice start!

• Brooke at Whooo's in Second? May 14, 2013 at 2:07 am

Kristen,
    I love the signs – no need to ever redo again! They're super cute and perfect…
    Brooke

• Mrs. Wathen May 14, 2013 at 2:55 am

I am working on our Science Fair project this week. These are PERFECT!
    Thanks for sharing.

Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

• ~Stephanie May 14, 2013 at 2:56 am

Fabulous! And good timing too….I am in the middle of thinking about this scientific method thing to end the year (not that we haven't been doing it all year….but our science fair projects came back today and, well, we need a refresher….again.)

Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• 4321Teach May 14, 2013 at 3:22 am

Kristen, these are cute! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

EmilyK

• Suzy Q May 14, 2013 at 3:39 am

You know these are great when we don't even GET to do experiments in second grade, but I downloaded them anyway! Thank you for sharing…I love your visual sense!

• Brandee Green May 14, 2013 at 9:39 am

One of my teacher friends just decided to teach Science next year…I am going to download these and give them as a surprise today! Thanks for sharing. They are so cute!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

• Susan Cahalane May 14, 2013 at 10:10 am

Hi Kristen, I love these bright, fun signs! Thanks so much for sharing!!

✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

• Stephanie May 14, 2013 at 3:07 pm

These are awesome! I see a new bulletin board in our future!!

❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

• Everyone deServes to Learn May 14, 2013 at 6:35 pm

They are so pretty. I know they will come in handy some day!

-Maria

• monstermum1 May 14, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I was asked for a password after I had tried to download the signs. Is that how you designed it, so that they could not be saved?

• Jane May 15, 2013 at 1:55 am

I love these signs – thanks so much for sharing. They will surely brighten up my science board.

Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

• Rachel May 16, 2013 at 2:32 am

They look great! I always love your signs!

Rachel
    thirdgradecupcakes@blogspot.com

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram