So, you already know that many of the files on my blog are set up as thumbnail galleries…
Galleries allow you to do the following:
- Showcase your older posts (they get buried quickly by newer ones, don’t they?)
- Provide your readers a nice, visual navigation of your blog.
- Set up shopping guides for your customers.
- Offer pin-ready images for your visitors…and it’s the image you’d like to be pinned most, since you chose it for your gallery.
And though I loved the ease of setting up my galleries with inLinkz last year, I am switching them over to a new format for a few reasons:
- My thumbnails are kind of small and that hovering Pinterest icon (which I love!) blocks them a lot.
- The smaller images look funny when pinned by readers and I’d like a larger preview to be selected for pinning.
- I have more control over the overall layout and font size with this newer format.
And it’s pretty easy to set up! All you need are some picture previews of your files, this AWESOME HTML Table Generator tool, and a little bit of code work. Don’t worry, it’s not the scary kind of code, I promise!
If you’d like to learn more, please click here to see the video. (I’m wicked sorry it’s not embedded in this post–I am having a terrible time with technology this week, I don’t know why!).
In other, unrelated news I have some new social networking icons located at the top of my blog…and right here:
I’d love for you to meet up with me on any of them if you’d like. Thanks so much for reading!! 🙂