Character Traits Graphic Organizer

March 10, 2013

Character Traits Graphic Organizer

March 10, 2013
So. Despite my best efforts, I’m sorry to say I remain a weekend-blogger. I don’t want to be, but it just seems inevitable this year! I really do bring my camera to school and daydream of ideas to blog about…but I never seem to get to the actual blogging part!
BUT the sunshine is feeling warmer, the birds are singing, the snow is starting to melt…and I know that means more blog-energy coming my way soon!!
Today (a day in which I continually look at the clock and have a little freak-out at the later-than-expected time) I wanted to share a little file we’ll be using in class tomorrow.
Even though my students are reading several different texts in Reader’s Workshop, I like to use similar graphic organizers and reader’s response questions whenever possible…it’s really ideal for the sharing session we have at the closing of the workshop.
This graphic organizer is one my students will be keeping in their binders as they encounter key characters in their new texts.
Would you like to download a copy for your class? If so, please click on the image below for an instant download…

What are you working on during your Reader’s Workshop?

• pamamom March 11, 2013 at 3:50 pm

These are great. I am going to use these all the time! Thanks so much. Pam
    Teaching By The Sea

• Kristen March 12, 2013 at 1:52 am

Thank you, I'm so glad!!! 🙂

• Runde's Room March 12, 2013 at 3:39 pm

LOVE them! This will be great to include in my guided reading buckets. I'm destined to be a weekend blog reader – except for when I'm on Spring Break ;). I had set up a classroom blog this year – and only kept it going for about a month before I burned out. I get it. Fingers crossed for some "spring" in our steps (although it snowed AGAIN last night).

Jen

• luckeyfrog March 13, 2013 at 2:20 am

I love this! I am always looking for great structures to help my students find text evidence that will work with any book, and this will be perfect. Thank you for sharing!

Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

• YoungTeacherLove March 15, 2013 at 3:45 pm

These graphic organizers are absolutely PERFECT! We are starting our new read a loud, The Westing Game, and I use this book to teach all about character. Thank you so much for this awesome resource!

By the way, I feel the same way about blogging. This has been SUCH a busy month, and before I know it, the day is over and my trusty camera never came out of its bag. So, I can relate!

Young Teacher Love 5th Grade Blog

• Sandy March 16, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Thanks once again for a wonderful freebie. You rock!!

• Ms.M March 21, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Nice! Your graphic organizers are my favorite my friend.
    Mels

• Shannon March 29, 2013 at 4:33 am

These are GREAT! I've pinned them. You're famous. 🙂

This is in case I teach 6th grade reading next year. Which I hope to do. 🙂

Shannon

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram