Tutorial: Watermarking Photos with your Blog Button

February 3, 2013

Tutorial: Watermarking Photos with your Blog Button

February 3, 2013
Hello everyone! Today I wanted to share a quick tutorial on watermarking your photos and preview images…with your blog button!
It’s a great way to brand your photos and really make them stand out on Pinterest.
There are many programs that can be used to do this, but I will stick with our friend Powerpoint today…since so many of us have access to it.
Here are the steps:
Step One
Open a new file in Powerpoint.
Step Two
 Go to Insert and choose Picture.
Step Three
Make any adjustments to the picture you would like, such as sizing.
Step Four
Just as you did in Step Two, insert a picture…this time choose your button.
Step Five
Arrange your button as you would like it to appear on the image.
Step Six
Select both the image and your blog button.
Step Seven
 Right-click on the screen and choose Save as Picture.
And that’s it! You will now have a watermarked image, all branded with your logo…
Helpful Hint: You may want to save the file you create in Powerpoint. That way, you can just add additional slides to Powerpoint and copy and paste your button onto each new image…to save a few additional steps in the future.

I hope this was of some help if you are looking to try something similar! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

• Kelley Cirrito February 3, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Thanks for the help!!! I hope you have a great weekend!!!

• Miss Nelson February 3, 2013 at 5:55 pm

great tip 🙂 I always forget to watermark my photos

• Libby February 3, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Oh how I've missed Ladybug 101 tutorials 😉 Thanks 🙂
    ☼Libby
    First Grade Dual

• Across the Hall February 3, 2013 at 5:56 pm

What a great tutorial…I especially like the last part about saving the images as a file to copy and paste the button! Love all your tips!

Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

• Ms. Richards February 3, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I was just wondering how to do this. You must have read my mind! (Hahaha)

Krystyn

Ms. Richards's Musings
    msrichardssmusings@gmail.com

• Laurie February 3, 2013 at 6:12 pm

This is great and easy to follow. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie

• Katie and Steve February 3, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I secretly want to be you!

• Beverley Baird February 3, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing it.

• Katie Smith February 3, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Thanks so much for the tip!
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

• mrsyoung February 3, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Thank you! This looks much nicer than just the text. Great idea for organizing blog photos, too!

Hokieteach.blogspot.com

• Collaboration Cuties February 3, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Thank you!! You are so sweet to share tricks of the trade!

Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

• ~DeAnne~ February 3, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Awesome—I heart you! 🙂

ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

• Kristi Luckenbaugh February 3, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Your tips are so very helpful! Thanks for sharing! Come by and check out my blog when you have a minute. 🙂

Kristi
    Lucky In Learning

• Lita Lita February 3, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I always enjoy your tutorials 🙂

• Elizabeth February 3, 2013 at 10:35 pm

This is so much easier than trying to do it in Adobe Photoshop. Duh…why didn't I transition to this a long time ago? Thanks for the always clever hints, Kristen 🙂

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• The Wild Rumpus February 4, 2013 at 12:41 am

Your tutorials are always so helpful. I always forget to do anything to my pics before I post, and I'm realizing more and more how important it is to copyright them in some way. This is great–thank you!

• Anonymous February 4, 2013 at 12:57 am

Thanks for the great tip! Can't wait to try it out!

Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

• Paula Shaw February 4, 2013 at 9:49 am

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. Paula from shawpaula.blogspot.com

• AMC February 4, 2013 at 11:47 am

Thanks for this tip. I know you are not a DJ but I was wondering if you take requests – for your tutorials??? I am looking for some helpful tips on adding my name/blog address to TpT products. I tried the footer but it is too high – do I just have to go through slide by slide and readjust.

Looking From Third to Fourth

• Ms.M February 4, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I know how to do this but I LOVE your tutorial anyway. 🙂
    Melissa

• Sarah February 5, 2013 at 1:16 am

Loving this tutorial, thank you! So simple, but something I hadn't thought of doing, I will now.

Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

• Hooty February 5, 2013 at 3:13 am

I know how to add watermarks but it never occurred to me to add a watermark graphic! DOH! Thank you so much for sharing.

Hooty
    Hooty's Homeroom

• Amy Swan February 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I love your tutorials!! I'm just getting started in blogland and you are a goldmine of tips! Thank you.

Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

• Julie Pieprzyk February 8, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I never knew you could save a powerpoint as an image! I guess we learn something new everyday and that is what I love about the blogging world. I am now your newest follower!!

Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

• Teresa Gregorio February 26, 2013 at 1:51 am

Wow, your blog is so organized and informational. I absolutely love it!

• Amanda Kay February 26, 2013 at 2:31 am

How do you create the button that you used to watermark? Did you create that on Powerpoint as well?

• Kristen February 26, 2013 at 3:22 am

Hi Amanda, no I designed it as part of the blog design I have. Thanks for reading!

• Do you like to use a certain color scheme in your google docs?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I always tend to use the same shades in my visuals for class...so I set up a file of my go-to colors. It’s very easy to do...and will save you lots of time in future google drive designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps, in case you’d like to capture your favorite hues for google!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open up a new slides file. Insert a table, and choose your favorite colors for each cell (to create a set of color swatches).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Name your file (I used “color swatches”) so you can find it quickly in the future.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Select your table and copy it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now, open up a new slides file or google doc. Click paste and your table will appear.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Delete your table. Even though the color swatches are gone, they are now stored in your custom colors selector. When you go to change your font color (or the cells and borders of a table) you will see all of your favorite colors under “custom” (swipe to see this in the last pic).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that’s it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hope some of you will be able to use this idea! It’s saved me lots of time in designing in my drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Ok, I learned something else new in google docs that I LOVE...even more than default margins!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can set a default font!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So I tend to go with Century Gothic for everything in class...usually paired with a bold font for headings (Oswald is my favorite!). But every time I start a new doc, I have to take the time to make these font changes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, it turns out you can set a default font (and color) of your choice in two simple steps! It can only be one font...but at least it will save some time!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open a new doc and type a word with the font/color combo you would like as your default font. Highlight the text you just typed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then, go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal text' to match.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then go back to the Format menu and choose Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles. (Swipe to see pics of all these steps if you prefer a visual!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it! Now when you open a new google doc, you will see your favorite font, all ready for you to start designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know that you can set default margins in Google Docs? I never realized until the other day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It drives me CRAZY when I open up a new doc and there's all that extra space at the top! I'm constantly reconfiguring the margins when I make a new doc. But it turns out you can set your favorite margin settings (because everyone has favorite margin settings, right?) and set it as a default.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it’s very easy to do!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Go to File, then Page Setup. Enter the margins you would like, then click the "Set as Default" button.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your next docs will open with this new setting from now on! Such a time-saver!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(Am I the only one who didn't know this?) 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • "This is so fun!" I got to hear some of my favorite words over and over during math today. And it was all thanks to  @adventuresofmssmith_ and @teachinginroom6!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀These clever ladies shared an awesome idea for solving some mundane math problems (multi-digit multiplication and long division review for us today) while building index card towers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup was so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made 30 review problems and numbered the cards. Then I highlighted the cards with a quick swipe to color code them (thanks to @teachinginroom6 for the color-coding idea!). The simpler problems were pink and could earn one index card when solved correctly. The more complex problems were yellow and could earn two index cards...and the most difficult problems were green and worth three index cards.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My students worked in small groups and showed me their cards as they solved them. Some showed a couple of cards at a time, others solved everything first before "cashing in" (as they called it 😂).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were completely engaged and working as teams for the whole math block...it was great! And they are already asking when we can do this again.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #iteachmath #multiplication #division #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many field trips does your class go on each year?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We go on four (five some years 😬) and field trip season is just starting up now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to keep a checklist of our different trips to keep track of forms, money, and chaperones. I color-code each trip with a different flair pen if the trips are back-to-back (we are visiting our state capital this week and heading to the ymca for water safety next week!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This checklist is from my Instant Checklists resource...it has a hundred lists, ready to go, just enter your students’ names once. Please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more! (http://bit.ly/instantchecklists)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you going on a field trip soon?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #tpt #teacherspayteachers #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I have lost my tv remote about 45,000 times this year. I think it’s due to my compulsive paper stacking tendencies.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But I found a solution!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I got this awesome desktop organizer to hold my remote (and flair pens, phone, stickies, nurse notes...all of the important things!) I found it on Amazon...it’s a STORi desktop organizer and I ❤️ it!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#tryingtostayorganized #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram