Get the news right in your inbox!

Pin It Away! (Free Flipped Signs Collection)

February 17, 2013 21 Comments

Pin It Away! (Free Flipped Signs Collection)

February 17, 2013 21 Comments
Hey bloggy friends! I am doing a little cleaning around here (I wish I could call it spring cleaning, but the snow just keeps falling in my town!). I am working to get this little blog organized and set up in a more user-friendly fashion for my you, my dear readers 🙂
And as my thoughts turn more and more to next year (do you do the same at this time?) I am thinking of organizing all of those little free files I’ve been sharing over the years…in a Pinterest-friendly format!
So, whenever you see “Pin it Away!” post, it will a collection…a visual menu linking to older posts and files.

All you will need to do is pin the collage image you see at the top of the post and you’ll be all set to return here (perhaps in the warm and happy organizing days of summer) to download to your heart’s content!

So. My first Pin It Away! features all of those Flipped Signs I was going on about last summer. I’m keeping the same color scheme/signs next year…I love them too much to change!

If you click on each image below, it will take you to an older blog post with the coordinating files to download:

I really hope this will be of some help in tracking down older files. I’d love to hear what you think about this format! Thanks for reading 🙂

ladybugsteacherfiles

All posts

• Everyone deServes to Learn February 17, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I think it's a great idea! I can't wait to start re-organizing all of my labels in my new room next year. Thanks!

-Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

• Sara Soucy February 17, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Ugh the snow keeps falling here too. I love, love your black and white labels!

Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

• Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher February 17, 2013 at 8:49 pm

You are just too cute! Thanks for putting all your fab files in one place!

Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

• Jennie Pruis February 17, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Wow! You are so organized with your classroom. I need to take a little of that into mine! HA!

Jennie
    Leap In To Learn

Sorry! I had to re-post. I put my link in wrong. I'm so new at this! 🙂

• Elizabeth February 17, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Gosh, I totally need to do that kind of "spring cleaning" on my blog. Still snowing? Wow!

Fun in Room 4B

• ~Stephanie February 17, 2013 at 9:24 pm

That is fabulous! Do you want to come and clean my blog too???? I still love those labels, each and every time I see them.

Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Courtney February 17, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Love this idea Kristen! The set up looks wonderful!

Swimming into Second

• Stephanie @ 3rd Grade Thoughts February 17, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Sososo smart, as always!! I really love this because {as a Pin-aholic!} I love to click and get straight to the resources I need. Blogs sometimes make that impossible, so I am loving this organizational idea 🙂 You are awesome 🙂

~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

• Kelley Cirrito February 17, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I love this idea! I think it is going to be super easy to do and use!!! I hate when the link doesn't take you back to the original post…and then you spend more time searching and searching and finally I usually give up! I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!!!

• Faith Wheeler February 17, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I am LOVING your labels, especially since they are black with white writing! Thanks for sharing with all of us and for making it easier to find everything 🙂 You're the best!

• Caitlin Hynst February 17, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I really like the new organization! I'm also loving those labels! I want to relabel my classroom this summer.

Simply Second

• Runde's Room February 17, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Oh how I love your flipped signs … and your bright and clear signs … and well, just about EVERYTHING you do!!! Pinning (and pining) away. 🙂

Jen

• Gladys February 18, 2013 at 2:48 am

I LOVE these flipped signs…so I'm pinning away! My room decor needs to be updated this coming year..and your signs might be a perfect fit to the chalkboard theme I'm thinking about…love! 🙂

• Dawn February 18, 2013 at 4:36 am

Oh, I love this!!

Yes, this time of year I'm making all kinds of plans for next year. We hit our 120th day of school last week, so we're already 2/3 of the way done with this year! Eeep!

Thanks so much for sharing all that you do. I love your style!

• Linda February 18, 2013 at 2:10 pm

I love all of your labels and this makes them so easy to find! I'm pinning so I know exactly where to find the whole set! Thanks so much for sharing all of your hard work!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

• Angie February 19, 2013 at 3:51 am

Your work is always amazing! I'm definitely going to burn up some toner this summer and reorganize my room with your flipped signs!

Angie
    The First Grade Scoop
    I'll be having a 100 follower giveaway – stop by, follow my blog, and get ready for some goodies!

• Molly February 20, 2013 at 3:01 am

Good for you with your {spring} cleaning!! I have been needing to do that forever I just haven't made it a priority so it hasn't gotten done! You keep on giving me lots of inspiration though to get organized, so keep it coming!! One of these days I'll actually get started with it! 🙂

Molly

• Michele February 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Kristen~ Do you have a tutorial about how to get all of your pictures together when writing a blog post? Or can you point me in the right direction? I LOVE the collage you made in this post and how you are keeping things neat and together. I can never get 4 pictures across when I try to upload.
    Share you secrets with a newbie please! (I've been blogging for 6 months.. can I still consider myself a newbie?–HA)

Thanks
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

• The Wild Rumpus February 21, 2013 at 5:33 am

You are so organized 🙂 This is a great idea–pinning now!

• Julia February 25, 2013 at 12:45 am

We're starting our geometry unit on Monday. Your tessellation activity looks great! I'm trying to find a way to sneak it into my lesson plans for the week!Lattes and Laughter

• Mrs.Carozza March 2, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I love your flipped sign collection, not to mention everything else you make! You have such a good eye for design, keep on doing what you are doing, my classroom is looking better each time you do!

About Me

Welcome to Ladybug's Teacher Files! I started this blog in 2010 as a way to share resources and collaborate with teachers. I hope you will find something that can be of help in your classroom! -Kristen

• Anyone else using iReady this year?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m looking to add a little more accountability/motivation for my students, so this week we are going to start tracking our usage. My fourth graders will store their sheets in their binders so their data is kept private, then I’ll send it home in our weekly folders so parents can see progress as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What do you do for iReady accountability? I would love to hear more ideas!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you’d like a copy of this sheet for your class (http://bit.ly/ireadysheet).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • This closet!!! It has NEVER been organized in all my years in this classroom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Honestly, I would pile things in there and slam the door fast, in hopes the pile wouldn’t collapse 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So I FINALLY got some shelving and sorted everything into bins...and I am in heaven.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Now if only all bins were the same color blue...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#imjoking #actuallyimnot #typeateacher #kindoforganized #kindofnot #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Need a last-minute valentines gift for your class?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Or is it just me who is frantically doing this now? 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are some editable coupons I shared years ago on my blog that are perfect for those no-cost presents. I’ve been saving our scholastic points, so everyone is getting a coupon to choose a book for our classroom library tomorrow. 📖❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you would like a copy! I hope some of you can use them!! (http://bit.ly/EditableValentinesCoupons)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lastminute #howisitmidfebruary #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Binders, folders, or notebooks?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Over the years I’ve become a binders kind of girl...I tried to go with notebooks again this fall and it wasn’t the same. There’s just something about having everything all in one place.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So in January, I switched back to binders and I’m so glad I did. I use prenumbered tabs which saves A TON of time in setting them up (see the last pic). I try to number the handouts in the bottom corner to match the tab number it belongs in (when I remember to 😉) but really it’s a great exercise in following directions as papers are handed out if I don’t remember to number them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My fourth graders LOVE their binders...my students from last year mention them when they come back to visit (it was actually thanks to them I got binders again, since they enjoyed them so much). Next fall, it’ll be binders from the start for us!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Do you like binders, folders, or notebooks? Or a combination?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I received a few questions on how to get the day count on @planbookcom, so I wanted to share it here (it’s super quick!).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you go into the Display settings, you will find a drop down menu under “Date Styling”.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click the check box next to “show school day counter” and you should be all set!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I have a couple of blog posts about planbook and I’m working in some updated ones to share soon...anything in particular you’d like to see more about?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#teacherplanner #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know you can add little check boxes to Google Sheets? ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m REALLY trying to get more ahead in my lesson planning so I can have my weekends free...and this little check box tool is helping with just that!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I set up a Sheets doc with each subject area I need to plan for. In the second column, I added the check boxes (you can find them under Insert).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s a really nice feature for those little checklists you want to reuse each week! Now back to lesson planning 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #lessonplanning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram