Meeting Notes (file to share)

December 9, 2012

Meeting Notes (file to share)

December 9, 2012
Confession time: Even though my All-in-One Teacher Binder from 2011 was a huge help for me last year, I actually never implemented it this year.
Why?
I really have no excuse, except that I ran out of time…I got behind in things while planning for my new class this year. But I have to tell you, I feel like I’m becoming quite scattered without it.
So, last week, I started to put the binder back together. And I hope to have pictures and items to share from it very soon.
Actually, I do have one to share right now…
An updated Meeting Notes page! This little guy was a life-saver last year. For our recertification, we need to refer back to all of those PLCs and various other meetings and professional development and, if you’re anything like me, it can be hard to recall all those little details discussed while you’re frantically thinking ahead to the class you’re about to teach in 7 minutes or whether, in fact, you will have time to make a mad dash to the restroom before picking your class up for specials.
So this is really just a makeover of the template that worked really well for me last year. The two boxes were the perfect space for the notes during the meetings, so I kept that the same. I did add in a place for the month at the top, so it would be easier to keep my notes sorted.
If you would like to grab a copy for yourself, the image below will take you to a download in my store…
In separate (but related news!) I am getting an iPad this week!!!!! As in Wednesday!!!! So I’m wondering if this sheet will become obsolete for me? I’m torn because I do love to jot down notes on cliparty paper…but the call of the tech is too strong I think!
How do you keep your notes from meetings? Computer? iPad? Paper? Thanks for visiting! 🙂

Fonts and Graphics by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com

• Miss Squirrels December 9, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Kristen we are given "special paper" to record notes on at every meeting. That "special paper" has to be put IN ORDER by date into a binder that we have to keep all year. AND we are not allowed to throw anything away from it….Jealous, aren't you? ha ha
    I also want an iPad (oh how I wish the Mr read these comments!!!)
    Miss Squirrels

• Courtney December 10, 2012 at 12:25 am

I use your old meeting notes page all the time. I have an iPad for the classroom but it's more for the kids. I guess I could use it for notes too. I never thought about that. Thanks for sharing Kristen!

Swimming into Second

• The Sassy Teacher December 10, 2012 at 12:51 am

Each classroom teacher in our school got an ipad last week. Since we have gone to an electronic profile card, we are going to use it for that as well as the new M-class assessments we will get next year. I am not what that exactly is, but at least I have the technology beforehand! At our PLC last week I tried to use the ipad to take notes, but I ended up using my handy dandy notebook!!! I do love the free apps that I have downloaded and the fact that I can use dropbox to store my lesson plans and get them on my school laptop, home laptop or ipad. I'd use the paper. I'm so much more comfortable with that.

Good luck with the ipad!!! You Miss Squirrels!!! Send Mr a link to this posting!!!

• Jessica Lawler December 10, 2012 at 12:52 am

Thanks for the freebie – so cute and practical!

I understand your struggle. I have a Kindle that I often use to take notes in church or at meetings, but even now and then I find myself jotting notes down the "old fashioned way." I love technology, but I'm just not ready to give up the ever-faithful post-it note! 🙂

• Diane R December 10, 2012 at 1:14 am

I use my laptop or my spiral notebook. We also have a team binder similar to what Miss Squirrels described (how cute is her name?!). I tried using my personal iPad, but I like have actual keys when I type, and the autocorrect was seriously irking me. Plus, I like having actual paper so I can doodle 🙂

Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

• Elizabeth December 10, 2012 at 1:29 am

You will totally use both, Kristen. I love my iPad, but I love writing down my notes on paper…and this pretty paper is awesome!

Elizabeth

• Stephanie @ 3rd Grade Thoughts December 10, 2012 at 4:38 am

Yay iPad!!!! That is so exciting!! I actually prefer to hand-write things, but I get so bored in our meetings that I use my iPad and type to give the appearance of being interested (shhhhh!) 😉 I got a bluetooth keyboard and it's an awesome addition since I can't type on the on-screen keyboard to save my life 🙂

Enjoy!!

~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

• Lita Lita December 10, 2012 at 7:06 am

WOW! An Ipad. That's great! I am sure you will change your organizing methods. Can't wait to see what you create.

• The Wild Rumpus December 10, 2012 at 10:31 am

Kristen, I had a composition notebook for basically all notes, to do's etc., until I got my iPad. I take all of my meeting notes using the Evernote app. I realized how awesome it was in a PD session, when I was taking notes on a slide of an anchor chart up on the smartboard. All of a sudden, everyone in the room began taking pics of it with their iPads, instead of slogging through writing it all down (lots of detail in it). I took a pic of it in my Evernote notebook for that PD, and now I have the notes, along with pics. I still find myself wanting to write things down, and then I remember I have the iPad, so I haven't internalized it yet, but Evernote is pretty awesome, as is Confer (for taking conference notes in reading/writing workshop).

• Ms.M December 10, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I too love writing down note. I keep a little spiral notebook where I write down all my notes. However, the district has a not cute, Word template we are required to fill out for all of our meetings and upload to a district secured program on our network. Then anyone from our building or district big shots can access them. They do this for our PLC, SMART, and DATA gathering goals. Anyway, a whole lot of hoopla. I like your template better. So cute. 🙂 I may use it for home notes or notes between teachers. 🙂
    M

• Amanda December 12, 2012 at 1:34 am

There is a great app called Good reader. You can annotate pdfs, as in handwritten or typed notes right on your cute paper. 🙂 You can save it, email it, and print it later if you need to. Can't wait to use your fun file on my iPad! If you want to try a free version there is one called DocAs. It will only open 4 files at a time though. A great stylus that works more like a pen is the adonit. Good luck.
    Amanda
    Rock Stars At Work

• Debra December 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I would love to see a tutorial on creating things to sell or give away on power point and how to post them. This would help some of us non technical types that have a hard time with learning technology. It would also help us in our classrooms. Thanks

• So I managed to avoid shoving things into random places...mostly 😂 #classroomorganization #kindof #randompaperplates #andnapkins #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • All packed up and ready for summer!! 😅 Best wishes to my friends still wrapping up their school years! #summertime #canbarelymove #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th
    • Two of my dear friends and colleagues retired today. I worked on teams with both over the years (one in 4th and one in 5th) and they’ve both been my next door (classroom door) neighbors. They’ve taught a combined total of 74 years!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We had an outdoor luncheon on our school patio to celebrate their years of dedication to our school. The theme was beachy/nautical and it was so fun to set up...I found most of the decor at the Dollar Tree! We had tons of candles, shells, flowers, and a fishnet with class photos from over the years. (Don’t mind the masking tape on the table in that last photo, it was a bit windy 😂). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was a happy and sad kind of day 💕 #retiringfriends #cantimagineschoolwithoutthem #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A little progress with packing up.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I am really trying to get rid of anything we haven’t used in years and pack up everything in its place. We’ll see if I shove things randomly away when I run out of time next week 😂!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you packing up next week?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you ever feel like you make MORE of a mess as you clean out your classroom?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Today was our students’ last day and I stayed for a bit to get things cleaned out and packed but I got so overwhelmed I finally just left. It can wait, right?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #notpicturedhere #ineed50daystocleanmyroom #wegetone #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Anyone still in school? Our students’ last day is tomorrow and I’m feeling all the emotions right now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I got this sweet framed gift from one of my students today 😍😭 Getting myself ready for tomorrow’s whirlwind of emotions!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you are wrapping up school soon, best wishes! And if you are already on break, happy summer!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#almostsummerbreak #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram