Meeting Notes (file to share)

December 9, 2012

Meeting Notes (file to share)

December 9, 2012
Confession time: Even though my All-in-One Teacher Binder from 2011 was a huge help for me last year, I actually never implemented it this year.
Why?
I really have no excuse, except that I ran out of time…I got behind in things while planning for my new class this year. But I have to tell you, I feel like I’m becoming quite scattered without it.
So, last week, I started to put the binder back together. And I hope to have pictures and items to share from it very soon.
Actually, I do have one to share right now…
An updated Meeting Notes page! This little guy was a life-saver last year. For our recertification, we need to refer back to all of those PLCs and various other meetings and professional development and, if you’re anything like me, it can be hard to recall all those little details discussed while you’re frantically thinking ahead to the class you’re about to teach in 7 minutes or whether, in fact, you will have time to make a mad dash to the restroom before picking your class up for specials.
So this is really just a makeover of the template that worked really well for me last year. The two boxes were the perfect space for the notes during the meetings, so I kept that the same. I did add in a place for the month at the top, so it would be easier to keep my notes sorted.
If you would like to grab a copy for yourself, the image below will take you to a download in my store…
In separate (but related news!) I am getting an iPad this week!!!!! As in Wednesday!!!! So I’m wondering if this sheet will become obsolete for me? I’m torn because I do love to jot down notes on cliparty paper…but the call of the tech is too strong I think!
How do you keep your notes from meetings? Computer? iPad? Paper? Thanks for visiting! 🙂

Fonts and Graphics by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com

• Miss Squirrels December 9, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Kristen we are given "special paper" to record notes on at every meeting. That "special paper" has to be put IN ORDER by date into a binder that we have to keep all year. AND we are not allowed to throw anything away from it….Jealous, aren't you? ha ha
    I also want an iPad (oh how I wish the Mr read these comments!!!)
    Miss Squirrels

• Courtney December 10, 2012 at 12:25 am

I use your old meeting notes page all the time. I have an iPad for the classroom but it's more for the kids. I guess I could use it for notes too. I never thought about that. Thanks for sharing Kristen!

Swimming into Second

• The Sassy Teacher December 10, 2012 at 12:51 am

Each classroom teacher in our school got an ipad last week. Since we have gone to an electronic profile card, we are going to use it for that as well as the new M-class assessments we will get next year. I am not what that exactly is, but at least I have the technology beforehand! At our PLC last week I tried to use the ipad to take notes, but I ended up using my handy dandy notebook!!! I do love the free apps that I have downloaded and the fact that I can use dropbox to store my lesson plans and get them on my school laptop, home laptop or ipad. I'd use the paper. I'm so much more comfortable with that.

Good luck with the ipad!!! You Miss Squirrels!!! Send Mr a link to this posting!!!

• Jessica Lawler December 10, 2012 at 12:52 am

Thanks for the freebie – so cute and practical!

I understand your struggle. I have a Kindle that I often use to take notes in church or at meetings, but even now and then I find myself jotting notes down the "old fashioned way." I love technology, but I'm just not ready to give up the ever-faithful post-it note! 🙂

• Diane R December 10, 2012 at 1:14 am

I use my laptop or my spiral notebook. We also have a team binder similar to what Miss Squirrels described (how cute is her name?!). I tried using my personal iPad, but I like have actual keys when I type, and the autocorrect was seriously irking me. Plus, I like having actual paper so I can doodle 🙂

Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

• Elizabeth December 10, 2012 at 1:29 am

You will totally use both, Kristen. I love my iPad, but I love writing down my notes on paper…and this pretty paper is awesome!

Elizabeth

• Stephanie @ 3rd Grade Thoughts December 10, 2012 at 4:38 am

Yay iPad!!!! That is so exciting!! I actually prefer to hand-write things, but I get so bored in our meetings that I use my iPad and type to give the appearance of being interested (shhhhh!) 😉 I got a bluetooth keyboard and it's an awesome addition since I can't type on the on-screen keyboard to save my life 🙂

Enjoy!!

~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

• Lita Lita December 10, 2012 at 7:06 am

WOW! An Ipad. That's great! I am sure you will change your organizing methods. Can't wait to see what you create.

• The Wild Rumpus December 10, 2012 at 10:31 am

Kristen, I had a composition notebook for basically all notes, to do's etc., until I got my iPad. I take all of my meeting notes using the Evernote app. I realized how awesome it was in a PD session, when I was taking notes on a slide of an anchor chart up on the smartboard. All of a sudden, everyone in the room began taking pics of it with their iPads, instead of slogging through writing it all down (lots of detail in it). I took a pic of it in my Evernote notebook for that PD, and now I have the notes, along with pics. I still find myself wanting to write things down, and then I remember I have the iPad, so I haven't internalized it yet, but Evernote is pretty awesome, as is Confer (for taking conference notes in reading/writing workshop).

• Ms.M December 10, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I too love writing down note. I keep a little spiral notebook where I write down all my notes. However, the district has a not cute, Word template we are required to fill out for all of our meetings and upload to a district secured program on our network. Then anyone from our building or district big shots can access them. They do this for our PLC, SMART, and DATA gathering goals. Anyway, a whole lot of hoopla. I like your template better. So cute. 🙂 I may use it for home notes or notes between teachers. 🙂
    M

• Amanda December 12, 2012 at 1:34 am

There is a great app called Good reader. You can annotate pdfs, as in handwritten or typed notes right on your cute paper. 🙂 You can save it, email it, and print it later if you need to. Can't wait to use your fun file on my iPad! If you want to try a free version there is one called DocAs. It will only open 4 files at a time though. A great stylus that works more like a pen is the adonit. Good luck.
    Amanda
    Rock Stars At Work

• Debra December 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I would love to see a tutorial on creating things to sell or give away on power point and how to post them. This would help some of us non technical types that have a hard time with learning technology. It would also help us in our classrooms. Thanks

• Ok, this is nothing major but it has really sped up my planning time in @planbookcom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Did you know you can navigate from lesson to lesson with arrows on the right and left? It is SO much faster than double-clicking in and out of lesson boxes!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This is probably one of those things everyone knows except me...but I wanted to share just in case!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lessonplans #planbookcom #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Three days of school, three books read for #classroombookaday!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This has already become a highlight of our day and I love this bonding time with my new sweet fourth graders ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Next week, we will start discussing the themes and character traits we encounter during our daily reads, thanks to the brilliant @headoverheelsforteaching‘s resources!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Have you started #classroombookaday again this year? If you are new to the concept you must check out @heisereads classroombookaday.com who developed this...she has tons of book recs and ideas!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroombookaday #picturebooks #readersgonnaread #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Three days of school and I STILL have a couple of unfinished areas. This whiteboard isn’t hung on the wall, my drawers are only partially labeled, and I have piles of things on the floor to put away BUT...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The first days of school have been absolutely awesome with my new students!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I really think it’s SO hard for a type A teacher to learn to let things go...to take more time in the summer away from the classroom. I have been working at it for a few years now and I think I’m finally making some progress.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My room isn’t completely ready for the new year but I definitely am ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#movingawayfromtypea #teacherselfcare #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Year 18, day two!! It was too busy to post a first day of school picture yesterday 😅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Who else started this week?? I hope it’s been great!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#backtoschool #year18 #wheredoesthetimego #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Sharing a quick Google Sheets tip!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you are using the checkbox feature and working with a large list, there is an easy way to uncheck all your boxes AT ONCE when you are done with your list!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click at the top of the column where your check boxes are located (swipe to see). This will select the whole column.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Then click your space bar...this will automatically uncheck all of your boxes at once! You can also check off large groups of checkboxes using this same tip.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I used this feature while printing off the covers for our read alouds today...it saved me a ton of time!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you’d like to see more about this digital read aloud tracker, please click the link in my profile or type bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googlesheets #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many days do you get for classroom setup?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We have our one day coming up on Tuesday...and I have a zillion things to finish. Most parts are almost done, but there are stacks of things on the floor everywhere (swipe to see) 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroomorganization #kindof #andstacksofsupplieseverywhere #teachertired #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram