Get the news right in your inbox!

December Classroom Calendar (file to share)

December 1, 2012 15 Comments

December Classroom Calendar (file to share)

December 1, 2012 15 Comments
Happy weekend everyone! And Happy December!! I can’t believe it’s this time of year already…feels like we were all just planning out our classroom designs in the summer heat!
Well, speaking of classroom designs, I wanted to share a file for the month of December–as a thank you for all of the love and support you have shown for the Bright & Clear Decor I’ve blogged about these past months.
I’m hoping to share a new calendar set each month, if you are interested in downloading a different design each time.
The calendar for December is made to coordinate with the Bright & Clear Decor series and features some bright lights (thanks to the fabulous designs of Maree Truelove!). I wanted to make it festive, but not too Christmas-y, so all could enjoy.
This calendar can be laminated, to be used again…

…and so you can share important dates with your students:
(the colors look a little funny–I could not find great lighting today!)
If you would like to download this file, it is in my TpT store…please click the image below:
Would you be interested in more monthly calendars like this? I’d be happy to share a new one each month. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

Some fonts in this file by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com

ladybugsteacherfiles

All posts

• Courtney December 1, 2012 at 7:28 pm

This looks amazing Kristen! I love the bright and clear series. You are so talented. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Swimming into Second

• Miss Kindergarten December 1, 2012 at 7:41 pm

It's beautiful!

• ~Stephanie December 1, 2012 at 8:09 pm

So cute! I love the brights (as you know) Kristen! Thanks for sharing 🙂

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Corinna December 1, 2012 at 8:34 pm

So cute! Will go perfectly with the other labels that I already have from you:)

Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

• Stephanie @ 3rd Grade Thoughts December 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I love your bright & clear and just wish I wasn't so dull & boring 😉 My friend does her calendar like this each month and it always looks so darn cute, just like yours. I may need to rethink my "everything has to be navy or teal" philosophy, because all of your colorful decor keeps getting more & more tempting 🙂

~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

• Bren P. December 2, 2012 at 12:29 am

I love the calendar! I would not mind a new set each month! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

• Kelley Cirrito December 2, 2012 at 1:13 am

As always these are soo cute! Just FYI I opened a TpT! I know I am finally stepping out in the world! I am just so excited to be done with my masters and needed something to keep me busy! I hope you are having a great weekend!

• Heidi Harrell December 2, 2012 at 2:25 am

I love these! I am your newest follower! Please come visit my blog as well!

Heidi

• Melissa December 2, 2012 at 2:42 am

I love this! This will be perfect because I don't have room for traditional calendars and this will fit perfectly on a cabinet door. Thanks!

• Elizabeth December 2, 2012 at 3:07 am

Everything you make puts a smile on my face 😉

• Molly December 2, 2012 at 7:50 am

I second Elizabeth!! Super cute, Kristen!!

• Jennifer December 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Yes I would love more calendar cards! Love this set!
    Rowdy in First Grade

• Annie Moffatt December 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I agree with Elizabeth! Everything you make makes me smile and feel good! Awesome photos…as usual!!
    The Moffatt Girls

• Ms.M December 2, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Yes, yes! This is exactly what I've been looking for. Kristen they are wonderful. Thank you lv. Miss chatting with you. Come Jan & Downton I'll be emailing you!
    M

• Amy Cain January 17, 2013 at 3:17 am

Hi Kristen!!
    I'm new to your blog! I'm a student teacher who is really starting to think hard about her own classroom and your work is beautiful! I love the Cafe and Craft boards, as well as of your labels. This calendar looks great and I would love to have a new calendar each month! Thank you for your hard work and everthing you provide for free (like I said – student teacher – no paycheck!!! I'm married too! :/). Anywho, I can't wait to keep reading your blog!

Amy

About Me

Welcome to Ladybug's Teacher Files! I started this blog in 2010 as a way to share resources and collaborate with teachers. I hope you will find something that can be of help in your classroom! -Kristen

• Anyone else using iReady this year?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m looking to add a little more accountability/motivation for my students, so this week we are going to start tracking our usage. My fourth graders will store their sheets in their binders so their data is kept private, then I’ll send it home in our weekly folders so parents can see progress as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What do you do for iReady accountability? I would love to hear more ideas!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you’d like a copy of this sheet for your class (http://bit.ly/ireadysheet).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • This closet!!! It has NEVER been organized in all my years in this classroom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Honestly, I would pile things in there and slam the door fast, in hopes the pile wouldn’t collapse 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So I FINALLY got some shelving and sorted everything into bins...and I am in heaven.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Now if only all bins were the same color blue...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#imjoking #actuallyimnot #typeateacher #kindoforganized #kindofnot #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Need a last-minute valentines gift for your class?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Or is it just me who is frantically doing this now? 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are some editable coupons I shared years ago on my blog that are perfect for those no-cost presents. I’ve been saving our scholastic points, so everyone is getting a coupon to choose a book for our classroom library tomorrow. 📖❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you would like a copy! I hope some of you can use them!! (http://bit.ly/EditableValentinesCoupons)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lastminute #howisitmidfebruary #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Binders, folders, or notebooks?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Over the years I’ve become a binders kind of girl...I tried to go with notebooks again this fall and it wasn’t the same. There’s just something about having everything all in one place.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So in January, I switched back to binders and I’m so glad I did. I use prenumbered tabs which saves A TON of time in setting them up (see the last pic). I try to number the handouts in the bottom corner to match the tab number it belongs in (when I remember to 😉) but really it’s a great exercise in following directions as papers are handed out if I don’t remember to number them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My fourth graders LOVE their binders...my students from last year mention them when they come back to visit (it was actually thanks to them I got binders again, since they enjoyed them so much). Next fall, it’ll be binders from the start for us!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Do you like binders, folders, or notebooks? Or a combination?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I received a few questions on how to get the day count on @planbookcom, so I wanted to share it here (it’s super quick!).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you go into the Display settings, you will find a drop down menu under “Date Styling”.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click the check box next to “show school day counter” and you should be all set!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I have a couple of blog posts about planbook and I’m working in some updated ones to share soon...anything in particular you’d like to see more about?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#teacherplanner #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know you can add little check boxes to Google Sheets? ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m REALLY trying to get more ahead in my lesson planning so I can have my weekends free...and this little check box tool is helping with just that!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I set up a Sheets doc with each subject area I need to plan for. In the second column, I added the check boxes (you can find them under Insert).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s a really nice feature for those little checklists you want to reuse each week! Now back to lesson planning 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #lessonplanning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram