Happy Thanksgiving!!

November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

November 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I wanted to take a moment to say thank you, to so many people who have touched my life through the blogs.
I am so very thankful for each and every one of you, my lovely readers. Thank you for always being there, reading and commenting on my blog. I appreciate your words of support and I really cannot say this enough.
To my sweet bloggy friends, thank you for everything…for your constant inspiration, for your advice, and for making me a better teacher today. I am continually grateful for this blogging community and it is because of you.
Happy Thanksgiving!!! 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

• Sandy November 22, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Kristen!!! 🙂

• ~Stephanie November 22, 2012 at 8:07 pm

And a very, very happy Thanksgiving to you too my friend. 🙂

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Annie Moffatt November 22, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Happy Thanksgiving my sweet blogging friend!

• Ms.M November 22, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Have a happy thanksgiving love!
    M

• Lita Lita November 22, 2012 at 10:44 pm

We don't celebrate here in Spain. But thank YOU for being so awesome. You are an inspiration!

• Elizabeth November 22, 2012 at 11:48 pm

My feelings exactly. Happy Thanksgiving, friend!!

• Mrs. M November 23, 2012 at 12:24 am

Happy Thanksgiving!! 🙂

• Kim November 23, 2012 at 12:46 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Kristen-Dear!

If you have time, stop by my blog… there's a secret message for you!

Big hugs and happy wishes sent your way…

Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

• 4321Teach November 23, 2012 at 2:25 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Kristen! I appreciate your willingness to share with other teachers!

EmilyK

• Suresh kumar November 23, 2012 at 3:13 am

Thanks for your grateful informations, this blogs will be really help for students blogs.

• Miss Nelson November 23, 2012 at 4:01 am

Hope your day was extra special.

• Erica Bohrer November 23, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Love your graphic!

• Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron November 23, 2012 at 9:29 pm

happy thanksgiving to you my sweet friend!!

• Traci November 24, 2012 at 4:03 am

Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving you amazingly creative bloggy friend!

• Khairul Islam November 24, 2012 at 7:45 am

I found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts, thought I would say thank you for all the great content. Keep it coming! I will try to stop by here more often.
    internet connection

• Ginger Snaps November 25, 2012 at 2:40 am

Hey Kristen! I know I haven't been around muc lately, but I just want you to know how thankful I am to have found such a great bloggy friend in you! Thank you for always "virtually" being there! 😉

• Molly November 26, 2012 at 2:19 am

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Kristen!! I am super thankful for you too and all the fabulously creative teacher things you share!!

Molly

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram