Tutorial: Creating a link to your blog on TpT

August 13, 2012

Tutorial: Creating a link to your blog on TpT

August 13, 2012

Hi everyone! I had a request from a very sweet reader to make a tutorial about a direct link to your blog, from your TpT profile. It’s a pretty quick process and it can be added into the “Personal Quote” section on TpT. Here are the steps…
1. Edit your profile and head to the Personal Quote section…

2. Type in the quote/message you would like, then type the following code:

3. Once you save this code in your profile, it will appear as a live link on your store front page in TpT…

And that’s it! I know a lot of seasoned TpT sellers know how to do this, but I hope it
can be of some help to anyone new starting out (like me!). Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂

• Miss Nelson August 13, 2012 at 11:21 pm

You are so good! Love all of your tutorials. Do you know how to insert a picture in the description. I think I saw that one seller had that.

• Kimberly Santana August 13, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I've been wondering how to do this! THANKS A BUNCH! 🙂

Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

• Laurie August 13, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Thanks for sharing!! I just did it.

Laurie

• Fun in Second Grade August 14, 2012 at 12:14 am

Thanks for sharing all the great tutorials.
    If you get a chance hop over to my blog and check out the giveaway I am having. http://funinsecondgrade.blogspot.com/

Diane

• Miss School Potato August 14, 2012 at 1:13 am

Kristen, you read my mind!! I just emailed TpT about doing this but they hadn't gotten back to me! Thank you!

• Lorena August 14, 2012 at 3:23 am

Thank you! I so need to do this and now I can with your great tutorial.

Lorena
    Little Treasures

• Shades of Teaching August 14, 2012 at 3:30 am

Oh wow thank you! I do not have a TPT account, but I just opened a TN acct. I would love a turtorial for inserting a picture in the description. I had a heck of a job tonight- which led to an extra late post! lol Thanks in advance.

Kim

• Mercedes Hutchens August 14, 2012 at 4:27 am

Thanks! I didn't realize it was the same code as the one that goes after my name in comments. So helpful!

Mercedes
    Surfing to Success

• Amy Griffith August 14, 2012 at 4:45 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am new to blogging and TpT and I was wondering how to do this. I'd love to have you check out my blog at http://www.griffiths3rdgradegarden.blogspot.com
    It's waiting on a real design. ; ) Now I need to figure out how to have my blog link show up when I leave comments. Oh….so much to learn!!!

Amy

• Althea August 14, 2012 at 10:41 am

Oh Thank you so much! My little voice has been heard and I have successfully added my blog to my TPT store. Your tutorials have helped me create a BLOG, transition to Power Point when creating my items (used Smart Notebook), now if I can get the screen shot in PP I will be successfully moving forward. Thank you sooooo much! You are such a generous person 🙂

• Elizabeth August 14, 2012 at 11:33 am

Very helpful, as always. Thanks, Kristen.

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• Lauren August 14, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I just figured out how to do this. Thanks for sharing 🙂
    I'm new to blogging and am glad I found yours! Check mine out 🙂
    2nd Grade Teacher
    The Sweetest Thing

• amy.lemons August 15, 2012 at 3:29 am

Ohmiword… thank you so much! I've been wondering how to do this, and never knew how! Now it's done! You're the best!

• Mrs. Saoud August 16, 2012 at 2:23 am

Hold up! I didn't know you were on TpT!!! Okay sweet friend… you kept that on the low. However, I do see your TpT icon at the top of your homepage. =D

Cheryl~

• Evelyn August 17, 2012 at 1:44 am

Thank you so much for your great ideas and tutorials. Love your sister's new site too. I'm a blogger newbie. Check out my site First Grade Fairy Magic. – E

• Kim and Kelly February 1, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, we have been wanting to add it, but had no clue. Now it is done!!!

• Sue Cahalane April 9, 2013 at 10:36 am

Hi Kristen! I tried to use this same code on the TpT Seller's Forum – when I leave a comment, I would also like to leave a clickable link to my blog. Do you know how to do this for the forum comments? Thanks so much for your fantastically helpful tutorials!!

✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

• cohen moles April 13, 2013 at 4:09 am

This one looks good, I will try to add it to my blog too.
    spy software

• Katie P. July 5, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Thank you for posting this!! I googled to find out how to add my facebook page link in my personal quote and your perfect post popped up!

Thank you!!

Katie 🙂

• Did you know that there are HUNDREDS of fonts to choose from in google drive?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I mean, there are times I really wish I could just upload one of my favorite fonts from my laptop. But then I visit the Google Fonts website.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it has 915 fonts to choose from!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀AND...you can add any of them to your google docs and slides!The Google Fonts site has all these great categories to help refine your search. You can even type right into the site to try out the different fonts (you can see an example in this first pic).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you find a font (or several!) you like, head into google docs. Click on the current font in your doc, then select “More fonts...” Type in the name of the fonts you’ve found...and then click on the font name when it pops up to add it to your font list.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now your new favorite fonts are right there in your google drive for future designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorite google fonts? Mine are Oswald and Century Gothic!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you like to use a certain color scheme in your google docs?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I always tend to use the same shades in my visuals for class...so I set up a file of my go-to colors. It’s very easy to do...and will save you lots of time in future google drive designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps, in case you’d like to capture your favorite hues for google!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open up a new slides file. Insert a table, and choose your favorite colors for each cell (to create a set of color swatches).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Name your file (I used “color swatches”) so you can find it quickly in the future.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Select your table and copy it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now, open up a new slides file or google doc. Click paste and your table will appear.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Delete your table. Even though the color swatches are gone, they are now stored in your custom colors selector. When you go to change your font color (or the cells and borders of a table) you will see all of your favorite colors under “custom” (swipe to see this in the last pic).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that’s it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hope some of you will be able to use this idea! It’s saved me lots of time in designing in my drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Ok, I learned something else new in google docs that I LOVE...even more than default margins!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can set a default font!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So I tend to go with Century Gothic for everything in class...usually paired with a bold font for headings (Oswald is my favorite!). But every time I start a new doc, I have to take the time to make these font changes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, it turns out you can set a default font (and color) of your choice in two simple steps! It can only be one font...but at least it will save some time!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open a new doc and type a word with the font/color combo you would like as your default font. Highlight the text you just typed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then, go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal text' to match.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then go back to the Format menu and choose Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles. (Swipe to see pics of all these steps if you prefer a visual!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it! Now when you open a new google doc, you will see your favorite font, all ready for you to start designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know that you can set default margins in Google Docs? I never realized until the other day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It drives me CRAZY when I open up a new doc and there's all that extra space at the top! I'm constantly reconfiguring the margins when I make a new doc. But it turns out you can set your favorite margin settings (because everyone has favorite margin settings, right?) and set it as a default.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it’s very easy to do!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Go to File, then Page Setup. Enter the margins you would like, then click the "Set as Default" button.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your next docs will open with this new setting from now on! Such a time-saver!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(Am I the only one who didn't know this?) 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • "This is so fun!" I got to hear some of my favorite words over and over during math today. And it was all thanks to  @adventuresofmssmith_ and @teachinginroom6!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀These clever ladies shared an awesome idea for solving some mundane math problems (multi-digit multiplication and long division review for us today) while building index card towers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup was so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made 30 review problems and numbered the cards. Then I highlighted the cards with a quick swipe to color code them (thanks to @teachinginroom6 for the color-coding idea!). The simpler problems were pink and could earn one index card when solved correctly. The more complex problems were yellow and could earn two index cards...and the most difficult problems were green and worth three index cards.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My students worked in small groups and showed me their cards as they solved them. Some showed a couple of cards at a time, others solved everything first before "cashing in" (as they called it 😂).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were completely engaged and working as teams for the whole math block...it was great! And they are already asking when we can do this again.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #iteachmath #multiplication #division #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many field trips does your class go on each year?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We go on four (five some years 😬) and field trip season is just starting up now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to keep a checklist of our different trips to keep track of forms, money, and chaperones. I color-code each trip with a different flair pen if the trips are back-to-back (we are visiting our state capital this week and heading to the ymca for water safety next week!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This checklist is from my Instant Checklists resource...it has a hundred lists, ready to go, just enter your students’ names once. Please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more! (http://bit.ly/instantchecklists)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you going on a field trip soon?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #tpt #teacherspayteachers #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram