Flipped Signs (leveled library) Printable

June 16, 2012

Flipped Signs (leveled library) Printable

June 16, 2012
Happy Saturday everyone! I have 5 days to go in school and it is flying by! Now I’m getting to the sad phase–I’m really going to miss this group of students!!
I’m also in some other phases…like half finishing out this year and half decorating for next year. I just can’t resist getting ready for a new beginning!

So. I know I’ve posted a bunch of times about my classroom library in the past, but I am going to a bit more because I have some new labels to share! I’ve been making a lot of new signs to go with my old color scheme, just to liven it up a bit–I’ve added orange to the mix for next year too.  🙂
Our library does have genres, favorite authors, etc…but we do have to use a leveled selection as part of the Reader’s Workshop model we use. So these are the updated leveled labels I’ll be using next year…in colors to match our baskets!
Like the Flipped Supply Labels I shared last week, these labels have been designed with white font to really pop. I tested a couple in class and love how they look–I can’t wait to glue them all on!! They are a free download in my shop…please click on the image below if you’d like to use them:
I hope they can be of use to some of you! How are your vacations going?? How many days do you have left if you are still in school? Thanks for visting!!

• Rachel Lamb June 17, 2012 at 12:00 am

love these! I am loving these flipped signs. It's just the first day for me and already have a workshop Monday!
    Rachel

• Tonya June 17, 2012 at 12:00 am

These are so great! Thanks for sharing! Quick question…how do you flip them?

Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

• Kristen June 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Thanks Tonya! The font color is just flipped, so the white is on the inside and stands out a bit. 🙂

• Tonya June 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Thanks! I adore these! I love making things stand out:)

• J Tilton June 17, 2012 at 12:47 am

Your signs are too cute! My vacation is going well. I have been completing a lot of school projects. Thanks for sharing!

• Lisa R. June 17, 2012 at 12:49 am

I can relate- it was so hard to let go of this year's group of students too. :(. Thank you so much for all of the labels that you share! I can't wait to use them in my classroom next year!

Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

• Sarah Adams June 17, 2012 at 12:56 am

I love the look of these signs! Too cute. I just finished a 2 week education tech grad class so now I get to relax a bit! 🙂 It was really interesting. I hope that the last few days go smoothly for you and that you don't get too sad!

Miss A's Kindergarten

• Ginger Snaps June 17, 2012 at 1:10 am

I think I got my obsession for bright neon colors from you! =) Love them!

• Sara Soucy June 17, 2012 at 1:44 am

I think I might just have to use these! I had a hard time letting go of my kiddos this year too 🙁 Enjoy your last few days!

Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

• Kelly June 17, 2012 at 2:05 am

At the end of each year, I always think there is no way I will like the class coming in as much as the one that just left.

Your labels look great and I do love all of those colors!

Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

• amy June 17, 2012 at 4:30 am

I love your labels. Thank you for sharing!
    Amy K
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

• Ms.M June 17, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I was hoping you would update these. 🙂 Thanks!

M

• ~DeAnne~ June 17, 2012 at 9:05 pm

These are too cute!! I love 'em!! Thanks for sharing your awesomeness! 🙂

ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

• Anonymous June 19, 2012 at 1:35 pm

What program do you use to make all your printables? Thanks for sharing!

• Mandie July 11, 2012 at 1:30 am

How do you glue your signs on? I end up making new signs every year and they never a)stay stuck or b)keep looking nice. Just curious! Thanks!

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Hi Mandie! I always laminate them and then hot glue them on. This holds them on really nicely all year, but can be removed if you pull hard enough on the signs. Then any residual glue you have just peels off the plastic container. I hope this helps!

• Lindsay July 11, 2012 at 2:34 am

I love these! They will match my bright classroom perfectly! I just recently came across your website and I'm in love! Thanks again 🙂

• Anonymous August 14, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I love these! Would love to continue the same theme throughout my room. Is it possible that you could create them with an editable text file and put them in your store?

Thanks

• Lisa September 11, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I love your labels! What program do you use to make them? My library is smaller so I have to put multiple levels in one basket (i.e. – A-B) so I was wondering how I might make them myself?

• Maine 💙 #teachersummer #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Packing for the beach! I’m trying to stuff a few more books into my suitcase if I can...have you read any of these yet? #teachersonbreak #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have magnetic whiteboards in your class?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I LOVE mine...I only wish all of my walls could be filled with magnetic whiteboards! 😂 This year, I started using a little magnetic tool to save lots of time...and to avoid repeating information over and over.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made these little due date magnets and they help in two ways. They hold extra assignments, forms, and work samples.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They display the due date! Swipe to see some pics from our class. These little magnets kept me MUCH more organized this year...and they kept my fourth graders in the know!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They are the perfect (easy) summer project for a rainy day...that’s actually what I’m doing today! 🌧 If you would like to see more, the link to this resource is in my profile (http://bit.ly/duedatemagnets)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • So I managed to avoid shoving things into random places...mostly 😂 #classroomorganization #kindof #randompaperplates #andnapkins #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • All packed up and ready for summer!! 😅 Best wishes to my friends still wrapping up their school years! #summertime #canbarelymove #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th
    • Two of my dear friends and colleagues retired today. I worked on teams with both over the years (one in 4th and one in 5th) and they’ve both been my next door (classroom door) neighbors. They’ve taught a combined total of 74 years!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We had an outdoor luncheon on our school patio to celebrate their years of dedication to our school. The theme was beachy/nautical and it was so fun to set up...I found most of the decor at the Dollar Tree! We had tons of candles, shells, flowers, and a fishnet with class photos from over the years. (Don’t mind the masking tape on the table in that last photo, it was a bit windy 😂). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was a happy and sad kind of day 💕 #retiringfriends #cantimagineschoolwithoutthem #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram