Flipped Signs (leveled library) Printable

June 16, 2012

Flipped Signs (leveled library) Printable

June 16, 2012
Happy Saturday everyone! I have 5 days to go in school and it is flying by! Now I’m getting to the sad phase–I’m really going to miss this group of students!!
I’m also in some other phases…like half finishing out this year and half decorating for next year. I just can’t resist getting ready for a new beginning!

So. I know I’ve posted a bunch of times about my classroom library in the past, but I am going to a bit more because I have some new labels to share! I’ve been making a lot of new signs to go with my old color scheme, just to liven it up a bit–I’ve added orange to the mix for next year too.  🙂
Our library does have genres, favorite authors, etc…but we do have to use a leveled selection as part of the Reader’s Workshop model we use. So these are the updated leveled labels I’ll be using next year…in colors to match our baskets!
Like the Flipped Supply Labels I shared last week, these labels have been designed with white font to really pop. I tested a couple in class and love how they look–I can’t wait to glue them all on!! They are a free download in my shop…please click on the image below if you’d like to use them:
I hope they can be of use to some of you! How are your vacations going?? How many days do you have left if you are still in school? Thanks for visting!!

• Rachel Lamb June 17, 2012 at 12:00 am

love these! I am loving these flipped signs. It's just the first day for me and already have a workshop Monday!
    Rachel

• Tonya June 17, 2012 at 12:00 am

These are so great! Thanks for sharing! Quick question…how do you flip them?

Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

• Kristen June 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Thanks Tonya! The font color is just flipped, so the white is on the inside and stands out a bit. 🙂

• Tonya June 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Thanks! I adore these! I love making things stand out:)

• J Tilton June 17, 2012 at 12:47 am

Your signs are too cute! My vacation is going well. I have been completing a lot of school projects. Thanks for sharing!

• Lisa R. June 17, 2012 at 12:49 am

I can relate- it was so hard to let go of this year's group of students too. :(. Thank you so much for all of the labels that you share! I can't wait to use them in my classroom next year!

Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

• Sarah Adams June 17, 2012 at 12:56 am

I love the look of these signs! Too cute. I just finished a 2 week education tech grad class so now I get to relax a bit! 🙂 It was really interesting. I hope that the last few days go smoothly for you and that you don't get too sad!

Miss A's Kindergarten

• Ginger Snaps June 17, 2012 at 1:10 am

I think I got my obsession for bright neon colors from you! =) Love them!

• Sara Soucy June 17, 2012 at 1:44 am

I think I might just have to use these! I had a hard time letting go of my kiddos this year too 🙁 Enjoy your last few days!

Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

• Kelly June 17, 2012 at 2:05 am

At the end of each year, I always think there is no way I will like the class coming in as much as the one that just left.

Your labels look great and I do love all of those colors!

Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

• amy June 17, 2012 at 4:30 am

I love your labels. Thank you for sharing!
    Amy K
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

• Ms.M June 17, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I was hoping you would update these. 🙂 Thanks!

M

• ~DeAnne~ June 17, 2012 at 9:05 pm

These are too cute!! I love 'em!! Thanks for sharing your awesomeness! 🙂

ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

• Anonymous June 19, 2012 at 1:35 pm

What program do you use to make all your printables? Thanks for sharing!

• Mandie July 11, 2012 at 1:30 am

How do you glue your signs on? I end up making new signs every year and they never a)stay stuck or b)keep looking nice. Just curious! Thanks!

• Kristen July 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Hi Mandie! I always laminate them and then hot glue them on. This holds them on really nicely all year, but can be removed if you pull hard enough on the signs. Then any residual glue you have just peels off the plastic container. I hope this helps!

• Lindsay July 11, 2012 at 2:34 am

I love these! They will match my bright classroom perfectly! I just recently came across your website and I'm in love! Thanks again 🙂

• Anonymous August 14, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I love these! Would love to continue the same theme throughout my room. Is it possible that you could create them with an editable text file and put them in your store?

Thanks

• Lisa September 11, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I love your labels! What program do you use to make them? My library is smaller so I have to put multiple levels in one basket (i.e. – A-B) so I was wondering how I might make them myself?

• Ok, this is nothing major but it has really sped up my planning time in @planbookcom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Did you know you can navigate from lesson to lesson with arrows on the right and left? It is SO much faster than double-clicking in and out of lesson boxes!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This is probably one of those things everyone knows except me...but I wanted to share just in case!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lessonplans #planbookcom #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Three days of school, three books read for #classroombookaday!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This has already become a highlight of our day and I love this bonding time with my new sweet fourth graders ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Next week, we will start discussing the themes and character traits we encounter during our daily reads, thanks to the brilliant @headoverheelsforteaching‘s resources!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Have you started #classroombookaday again this year? If you are new to the concept you must check out @heisereads classroombookaday.com who developed this...she has tons of book recs and ideas!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroombookaday #picturebooks #readersgonnaread #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Three days of school and I STILL have a couple of unfinished areas. This whiteboard isn’t hung on the wall, my drawers are only partially labeled, and I have piles of things on the floor to put away BUT...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The first days of school have been absolutely awesome with my new students!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I really think it’s SO hard for a type A teacher to learn to let things go...to take more time in the summer away from the classroom. I have been working at it for a few years now and I think I’m finally making some progress.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My room isn’t completely ready for the new year but I definitely am ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#movingawayfromtypea #teacherselfcare #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Year 18, day two!! It was too busy to post a first day of school picture yesterday 😅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Who else started this week?? I hope it’s been great!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#backtoschool #year18 #wheredoesthetimego #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Sharing a quick Google Sheets tip!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you are using the checkbox feature and working with a large list, there is an easy way to uncheck all your boxes AT ONCE when you are done with your list!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click at the top of the column where your check boxes are located (swipe to see). This will select the whole column.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Then click your space bar...this will automatically uncheck all of your boxes at once! You can also check off large groups of checkboxes using this same tip.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I used this feature while printing off the covers for our read alouds today...it saved me a ton of time!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you’d like to see more about this digital read aloud tracker, please click the link in my profile or type bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googlesheets #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many days do you get for classroom setup?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We have our one day coming up on Tuesday...and I have a zillion things to finish. Most parts are almost done, but there are stacks of things on the floor everywhere (swipe to see) 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroomorganization #kindof #andstacksofsupplieseverywhere #teachertired #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram