Community Supply Baskets 2012 (printables!)

June 11, 2012

Community Supply Baskets 2012 (printables!)

June 11, 2012
Hello!! I’m linking up with a very sweet friend, Tara, over at 4th Grade Frolics. Have you seen Tara’s Monday Made It yet? It’s so fun to see what everyone has been working on during their summer time off. I’m almost finished myself (9 more days!!!).

So…I realized that I pretty much change over my signs and labels each year. I don’t mean to–but I always seem to find something new to try and I just can’t resist! That’s why the title of this post has 2012 in it–to help me keep track!
This weekend, I put the finishing touches on my community supply bins for next year.

Last year, I used these clear shoe bins with cups for the various supplies my students might need (since they are new to our country, I like to provide supplies we can share, so no one feels left out if they don’t have anything). Here are a couple of pics of last years’ setup…

This year, I am working with the same black and white with brights color scheme, but trying to add a lot more pops of color. I feel like I had some brights, but I want even more this year! So, for the community supply bins, I decided to swap out those clear bins for some classic Dollar Tree bright baskets I had. And I settled on the labels I’d like to use (this year at least!) for the baskets…

I loved using the clear cups to hold the supplies last year (clear 10 oz. Solo cups…they held up very well!). So I decided to keep that the same, just update the labels to match as well…

I set up supply baskets for the basics so far: “coloring” for crayons, markers, and colored pencils, as well as glue and scissors. I plan to work on some more baskets for other materials for Writer’s Workshop next.

I’m sharing the labels featured above–there are larger (4.5″) labels for baskets/bins, plus some smaller guys (3″) in bright colors for the cups, should you choose to try something similar.

If you would like to download these labels, please click the preview below. And don’t forget to check out (and link up with!) Tara’s Monday Made It! 🙂

Some fonts by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com.

• YearntoLearn June 11, 2012 at 9:43 pm

You're on a labeling roll!

Yearn to Learn Blog

• Jessica Stanford June 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!
    Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class

• Tara June 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Woop! Woop!!! I am too excited you linked up friend!!!! So super sweet of your to share those awesome labels too!!! I'm having way to much fun seeing what everyone has been up to BUT my to do list is growing by the second. Lol!
    Thanks girl! How did the toolbox turn out??? Or is that for next weeks link up? 😉

4th Grade Frolics

• Michelle Garcia June 15, 2012 at 2:43 am

Hi! I love your site! I will be a new 4th grade teacher next year and am getting many ideas from your sight on organization. I just tried to start a blog to post stuff on too. You guys gave me the idea. Not really sure how all the blogging works yet, but I am trying. I want to thank you for sharing all your wonderful ideas!

• Susan June 11, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Sooo cute!!! Thank you! ♥

Susan

Kindergarten is the Best

• J Tilton June 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I love them! Thank you!

• Anonymous June 11, 2012 at 10:07 pm

These are SO adorable! I'm re-planning my classroom for next year and these will be PERFECT! THANK YOU 🙂

Best,
    Allie

• Rachel June 11, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Thank you!

• Unknown June 11, 2012 at 10:57 pm

So cute! Thanks for sharing! ~Heidi V.

• Kelley Cirrito June 11, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I bought your labels last night!!! I am super excited to use them!!!

• Elizabeth June 11, 2012 at 11:19 pm

You already know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these (but I'll say it again) 🙂

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

• Lisa R. June 11, 2012 at 11:27 pm

These labels are the cutest!!! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

• Kim and Kelly June 11, 2012 at 11:31 pm

So cute! I love the color, so bright and cheery!! We are your newest followers, check us out if you get a chance! 🙂

• Holly June 12, 2012 at 12:33 am

You just make me smile, smile, smile!!!!!

Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

• ~Stephanie Moorman June 12, 2012 at 12:59 am

You have been busy Miss Kriten! Loving all the new signs 🙂

~Steph
    Teaching in Room 6

• Buggy In Kindergarten June 12, 2012 at 1:26 am

Looking at these, I am very tempted to go with a colorful theme this year in my classroom! I love it!

• April Kreitzer Wolfe June 12, 2012 at 2:35 am

Thanks so much for these!! They are great!

April

Wolfelicious

• Lisa K June 12, 2012 at 2:42 am

Thank you for these labels! As always, they look great!

Lisa

• Cynthia June 12, 2012 at 3:15 am

I am CRAZY in love with these labels!!! Thank you so much for sharing them!

• Kate June 12, 2012 at 3:23 am

Hooray for more labels!!! Thank you 🙂

PS: Those cute neon bins are from the Dollar Tree?! I need to go dollar store hunting…

Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

• Kellie June 12, 2012 at 10:40 am

Love the labels! Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂

• Nicole June 12, 2012 at 1:27 pm

LOVE these labels!! Now if I can just motivate myself to clean out my closet…!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

• Ms.M June 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm

As always you are fantastic Kristen. Thanks for sharing.

M

• Kate June 12, 2012 at 11:44 pm

These are beautiful!! I will definitely be using them 🙂

☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

• EveryNewBeginning June 14, 2012 at 12:51 am

1. You have totally inspired me to revamp my storage for desks this year! Thanks!!!

2. Don't you just love miss tina fonts!

Every New Beginning

• Amanda Mast June 14, 2012 at 2:09 am

I just love all your ideas! It was my first day of freedom today so I went to the Dollar Tree and bought those bins. I was so excited! Thank you!!!!

• Anonymous June 14, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Beautiful!

• Ana June 18, 2012 at 7:29 am

So cute. Thank you! 🙂

• Ms. Pretzel June 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Adorable!!! Your pictures are beautiful. The lighting and everything is great.

• Anonymous July 8, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Is it possible to have these with customizable text? I teach in a bilingual English-German Kindergarten in Munich and would love to be able to have these in both languages!.

• Lynna July 8, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Do you just use labels to promote literacy? I have used community supplies for a long time, but haven't labeled anything…works just fine!

• Kristen July 8, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Yup, my students are newcomer ELLs so it's helpful to have everything labeled 🙂

• Anonymous July 17, 2012 at 1:13 am

These are amazing! Definitely plan to use them this year. My room needs some updating.

• Devon Flournoy July 20, 2012 at 1:43 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I plan to use your classroom theme for my first classroom this year!! =)

Devon

• Devon Flournoy July 20, 2012 at 1:43 am

Devon

• The Motivated Wannabe July 20, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Did you print them on sticky labels?? Where did you find labels that had that cool shapes?

• Megan July 23, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Hi Kristen! I absolutely love your site! Thank you for sharing all of your ideas and tips! I was wondering if you had these files in an editable form? I printed and cut them out, and can't wait to use them, but realized I had a couple of other supplies I will need to label. I thought it couldn't hurt to ask!!

Thanks again for everything!!

~Megan

• gecko July 24, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Can I pin it?

They are awesome!

Tracey

• gecko July 24, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Can I pin it?

They are awesome!

Tracey

• Kristen July 24, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Hi Tracey! Thanks for asking, I would love for it to be pinned!

• Jennbrown8 July 26, 2012 at 5:23 am

Kristen, I am wanting to have some of these labels that say copy paper, handwriting paper, and card stock. Any way you can make some? preferably the flipped design supply labels that are supply labels. The big fancy looking ones. I would love to see them in your teachers notebook store, or customizable ones as well! 🙂

• Anonymous August 9, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Kristen-

I love your flipped black supply labels and want to use them in my classroom. Would it be possible for you go either make the black labels for markers, colored pencils, and crayons? Or can I somehow change the words on the ones I have already downloaded? Thank you for your help!

• Kristen August 10, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Thanks! I'm sorry, I won't have a chance to make those changes because I'm getting ready for the new school year.

• Anonymous August 17, 2012 at 2:25 am

I can't seem to find these supply bins at Dollar Tree. When did you get them or have the styles change?

Matt G.

• Kristen August 19, 2012 at 12:32 am

Hi Matt…yes they're a bit older and I don't think they have that exact style anymore.

• Anonymous August 19, 2012 at 5:35 am

Hi, I love your work!!! How did you make the labels with dots and picture? Also, what do I print them onto, sticky labels? Sorry, this is my first time trying all this and I'm not exactly sure where to start!

• Kristen August 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Hi, thanks! I made them in Powerpoint. I just print them on cardstock, laminate, then hot glue to the plastic storage. 🙂

• Anonymous August 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm

awesome

• Jennifer Johns January 24, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I love your labels!!! I have bought several bright colored bins too so the colors match very well. I also have purple. Is there a way to change the background color so they match as well? Thanks

Jennifer

• Meagan March 28, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I adore your blog!! Soo many cute things. I'm still a student and I am so excited, I'm going into my Senior year next semester in the fall and will begin student teaching. I cannot wait! Thank you so much for all the goodies 🙂

• Ms. J June 7, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Love these but I don't have a TN account. Could you post them on TPT?

Thanks!

• Katie June 26, 2013 at 5:02 am

Hi Kristen!

I LOVE these labels!! Could you tell me where you found the white outline school supply clip art?

Thanks!
    Katie

erbrhymeswithverb@gmail.com

• Ok, I learned something else new in google docs that I LOVE...even more than default margins!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can set a default font!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So I tend to go with Century Gothic for everything in class...usually paired with a bold font for headings (Oswald is my favorite!). But every time I start a new doc, I have to take the time to make these font changes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, it turns out you can set a default font (and color) of your choice in two simple steps! It can only be one font...but at least it will save some time!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open a new doc and type a word with the font/color combo you would like as your default font. Highlight the text you just typed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then, go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal text' to match.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then go back to the Format menu and choose Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles. (Swipe to see pics of all these steps if you prefer a visual!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it! Now when you open a new google doc, you will see your favorite font, all ready for you to start designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledocs #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know that you can set default margins in Google Docs? I never realized until the other day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It drives me CRAZY when I open up a new doc and there's all that extra space at the top! I'm constantly reconfiguring the margins when I make a new doc. But it turns out you can set your favorite margin settings (because everyone has favorite margin settings, right?) and set it as a default.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it’s very easy to do!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Go to File, then Page Setup. Enter the margins you would like, then click the "Set as Default" button.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your next docs will open with this new setting from now on! Such a time-saver!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(Am I the only one who didn't know this?) 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledocs #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • "This is so fun!" I got to hear some of my favorite words over and over during math today. And it was all thanks to  @adventuresofmssmith_ and @teachinginroom6!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀These clever ladies shared an awesome idea for solving some mundane math problems (multi-digit multiplication and long division review for us today) while building index card towers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup was so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made 30 review problems and numbered the cards. Then I highlighted the cards with a quick swipe to color code them (thanks to @teachinginroom6 for the color-coding idea!). The simpler problems were pink and could earn one index card when solved correctly. The more complex problems were yellow and could earn two index cards...and the most difficult problems were green and worth three index cards.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My students worked in small groups and showed me their cards as they solved them. Some showed a couple of cards at a time, others solved everything first before "cashing in" (as they called it 😂).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were completely engaged and working as teams for the whole math block...it was great! And they are already asking when we can do this again.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #iteachmath #multiplication #division #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many field trips does your class go on each year?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We go on four (five some years 😬) and field trip season is just starting up now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to keep a checklist of our different trips to keep track of forms, money, and chaperones. I color-code each trip with a different flair pen if the trips are back-to-back (we are visiting our state capital this week and heading to the ymca for water safety next week!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This checklist is from my Instant Checklists resource...it has a hundred lists, ready to go, just enter your students’ names once. Please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more! (http://bit.ly/instantchecklists)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you going on a field trip soon?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #tpt #teacherspayteachers #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I have lost my tv remote about 45,000 times this year. I think it’s due to my compulsive paper stacking tendencies.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But I found a solution!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I got this awesome desktop organizer to hold my remote (and flair pens, phone, stickies, nurse notes...all of the important things!) I found it on Amazon...it’s a STORi desktop organizer and I ❤️ it!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#tryingtostayorganized #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • One of our favorite seating areas...also known as the place I like to eat lunch every day when my students are in the cafeteria 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The chairs and table were donated to our class. Both are by Flash Furniture on Amazon.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is the first year I’ve had a cafe height table and we love it!! Do you have a cafe table in class?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#flexibleseating #classroomdecor #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram