We’re Mad About Science sign {printable}

March 2, 2012

We’re Mad About Science sign {printable}

March 2, 2012
Happy Thursday friends!! I hope you are all having a nice week!

I am a lady of leisure because I am on vacation! I feel really guilty admitting that, since I haven’t been the best blogger this week. But I promise that I have been doing bloggish-type things. Like stuff for my classroom I’ll share with you on here. And designing blogs, but of course!

Anyhow, I made a little sign today that could be used as a poster or for student binders/folders (which is what I’m going to use it for). ‘Cause it’s Science Fair season in our school!

And speaking of seasons…

This is all very lovely and pretty but…where was it before?!?! In December through February?? We’ve had no snow! All those wasted chances for snow days, all those times I could have slept in!! And NOW the snow arrives–on our vacation week?!

I’m joking (well, mostly).

So. Back to the signs. I made two different ones. This was my first…I thought it was cool with the color-fading:

But I showed it to my ever-practical sister, who thought it might be too much ink. So I made this one too (because she’s usually right and I’m usually over the top!)…

So there you have it. If you want it. They are together in one file, because I’m too tired and lazy to separate them and I apologize. I have shoveling arms. I do hope they are of use to some of you!

What’s the weather like in your area? Be kind, I couldn’t go away to a warm place this vacation, so I’m feeling a little down with all of this snow! 🙂

We’re Mad About Science

Border Graphic by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com

• Allison March 2, 2012 at 12:28 am

I love it! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

• KRISTA March 2, 2012 at 12:37 am

The posters are so cute! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy what's left of your vacation!

Krista
    stellar-students

• Gladys March 2, 2012 at 12:38 am

I LOVE these! Thanks so much Kristen! Oh…and have I told you how much I adore your new blogger templates?! Precious!

Gladys
    teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

• Courtney Bartlett March 2, 2012 at 12:42 am

These are adorable Kristen! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. It's about 70 degrees where I live but it is storming every other day. Not just little storms, tornado warnings and all that. I would give anything for a snow day about now but not on my vacation! So sorry that happened to you!

Swimming into Second

• Kristen March 2, 2012 at 1:09 am

I'm sorry Courtney! I would hate to be worrying about the tornado warnings!! I hope it stays calm there!

• Kaitlyn March 2, 2012 at 12:47 am

Kristin,

Look at it this way. By having snow on vacation (I'm looking at the same thing out my window), you get out earlier in June. Although me and my teacher friends would like one or two snow days to break up the monotony of March, we are kind of thankful for not having a winter like last year (except Snowtober! I have a feeling we live in the same area). Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

• applesandabcs March 2, 2012 at 1:20 am

I love them! Thanks so much for sharing! and for thinking about the ink… 🙂

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

• Kelley Cirrito March 2, 2012 at 1:43 am

I love your signs! I totally want the snow too! Can you ship me some of that? How about on Monday so we can have a snow day? How much would you charge me? I hope you have a great Friday on your vacation!

• LovelyNB March 2, 2012 at 1:47 am

Sunny and Hot in Florida.. 85 today….I do not miss the Snow.

• Sara S. March 2, 2012 at 1:57 am

We got snow today! …and rain…and sleet…and hail… It was not "fun" snow. And it only got us an hour delay 🙁 I really like your posters – makes me wish I taught science! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

• Ms.M March 2, 2012 at 2:03 am

Oooo, these are wonderful. I am going to print some for our science fair.

• Ms. Rachel March 2, 2012 at 2:09 am

Kristin, those are adorable!!!

We've had no snow but lots of rain, Im waiting for it to freeze, ice day!

Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

• Hadar March 2, 2012 at 2:51 am

haha shoveling arms!! I don't even want to tell you what our weather is like…it might actually make you more out here 😉

• Hadar March 2, 2012 at 2:51 am

and by more I mean move…

• Mrs. Cupcake March 2, 2012 at 3:02 am

Ah, to live in California… Rub it in Hadar, rub it in 🙂

Love the science sign!!! The fading colors are so pretty!

❤Teri

A Cupcake for the Teacher

• Erika March 2, 2012 at 3:03 am

Thanks for the freebie Kristen. I love it! I'm jealous you are on vacation no matter what the weather is like!

2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

• Mrs. Saoud March 2, 2012 at 3:35 am

Burrr… We are sitting in 80s here in FL. You are welcome to visit for your vacation! =)

Cheryl

• Jenn Bates March 2, 2012 at 4:25 am

SO Cute!!! Enjoy your vacation. I had last week off and it was so wonderful to relax.
    Jenn
    Finally in First

• Kristin March 2, 2012 at 6:37 am

Very cute sign!!!
    No vacation for me until the last week of March and the first week of April (yep – 2 weeks for Spring Break. Hallelujah!)
    We have had cold weather all week (50s in CA is COOOOOLLLLDDD!) but it's supposed to be in the 80s this weekend.
    I completely understand why you don't want snow on your vacation. And that you want a snow day. I get it. I'd feel the same way! 🙂
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• Tricia March 2, 2012 at 11:53 am

What a waste of perfectly good snow. That looks like it would have been enough for a couple snow days. Enjoy your vacation. Thanks for the cute sign.

Tricia

• Andrea March 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for the sign. I want to do even more Science next year and this will come in handy. Just think, you won't have to make up any snow days this way. Did that help? Enjoy your break! 🙂

• Mrs. Coe March 3, 2012 at 4:37 am

I totally love this and I am sharing it and sending them to you…

• laughinbrunette (Jennifer) March 3, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Love these!!
    Jennifer

First Grade Blue SKies

• Becca March 3, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Hi Kristen,

I just found your blog through Lil' Country Kindergarten. I can't wait to look around a bit.

I'd love it if you'd come over to my blogs as well. I currently have three blogs. I write a home blog (my most widely read blog), a literacy blog, and a kindergarten blog. My literacy and kindergarten blogs are fairly new, so I'd love to get the word out about them. My main website is http://www.homeiswheremystorybegins.com. From there, you can get to all of my blogs. I'd love any advice you have for breaking into the teaching blog world. I feel like I have a pretty good start with my home blog, but no one seems to be reading my other two. Any suggestions for me would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to help out a new teacher-blogger!

Becca

• Suzstamps March 3, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Hi Kristin,
    Nice snow! Glad someone got some. I just returned to school from vacation and ended up with a snow day on Thursday but got no snow! I'm in southwestern Vermont. Warm and muddy with lots of GRASS! Not great sliding weather for my 2 grandkids, DARN. Love your blog and products.

• Kate March 7, 2012 at 2:24 am

This is so cute! I can't help but love everything you make 🙂 I can't wait to print this for my classroom!
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

• mccarty20001 March 23, 2012 at 11:33 pm

OMG!!!! You are FANTASTIC! Thanks to the 2 Sisters for allowing us "tools" to enhance our Daily 5!

• Anonymous April 3, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Hey Kristen,

I love love love your posters. I came across this site the other day and already printed out your CRAFT posters. I am trying to make a few signs for my own classroom and was wondering what program you used to create your worksheets and creative pages. Thanks so much!

-Christine

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram