SyllabiKicks: suffixes ful, less, ness

March 25, 2012

SyllabiKicks: suffixes ful, less, ness

March 25, 2012
This week, my class will be working on spelling words with the suffixes ful, less, and ness. They love playing SyllabiKicks, so I made another set of the game for this week, to help us expand upon the words in our spelling list.
If you would like a free copy of this game, please leave a comment below with your email address…I will send a copy of this game to the first three readers to leave their information.
If you would like to see more about this game and the other versions of SyllabiKicks, please check them out in my Teacher’s Notebook shop.
This is earlier than I usually post because I’m going to stop by again later and share a free game I am finishing up for my students right now. I hope you will have a chance to stop by and check it out this evening. Thanks for visiting!

• Miss T March 25, 2012 at 5:49 pm
  • Ms. Yoshida March 25, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Love your activities! Thank you!

msyoshida@yahoo.com

• 3rd Grade Thoughts March 25, 2012 at 5:52 pm

These are great! Amazing job 🙂

~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts
    3rdGradeThoughts@gmail.com

• Allison March 25, 2012 at 5:52 pm

i would love a copy 🙂
    x allison

fridaythethirteenth[at]gmail.com

• Kristen March 25, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Ok, got the first three ladies–thank you so much for your interest in the game!!! 🙂

• Beverly Elrod March 25, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Love the game….sad I missed it.

• Kelley Cirrito March 25, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Awe man!! I am never fast enough!! Looks great as always Kristen!

• FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) March 25, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Awesome!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

• Courtney Bartlett March 25, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I love your Syllabikicks games! They are so cute. I love the sneakers clip art. Have a good week!

Swimming into Second

• Heather March 25, 2012 at 11:37 pm

It's too bad I missed this earlier, but I still wanted to let you know that I bought the -sion/-tion and -el. -al, -le games for my 5th/6th ELD class and my kids love them! I'm looking forward to this new game too. Thanks! It definitely gets the kids more motivated to start looking for these words!

• Cathryn February 17, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Would love to have this game! On Friday I was just trained in Syllasearch and your activity would be great for additional reinforcement! Thanks!
    cmr179 (at) gmail.com

• Cathryn February 17, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Ooops…just realized it was for the 1st three to respond 🙁

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram