Frequent Word Flip! {Tropical Colors}

March 26, 2012

Frequent Word Flip! {Tropical Colors}

March 26, 2012
Hi again bloggy friends! Last night, I shared Frequent Word Flip! (the pink and zebra version). I also wanted to share a tropical colors version–so it would be more whole-class friendly. This item can be found for free in my Teacher’s Notebook shop. Let me know if it’s something you can use with your class, I love hearing it when you can use any of these items! Thanks for visiting!!

• Brian H March 26, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Love it Kristen! I'm a sub right now, but will use it as soon as I get a new teaching job!

Brian 🙂

• Mrs. Cupcake March 26, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I love them both!! Thank you!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

• Courtney Bartlett March 26, 2012 at 10:29 pm

These are adorable! You are on a roll!

Swimming into Second

• Kristen March 27, 2012 at 12:28 am

Thank you Brian, Teri, and Courtney!!

• Martha March 27, 2012 at 12:22 am

This is going to be a dumb question but how exactly should I use these? If the students buddy up one person will call out the word and what will the other person do? I understand it's for mixed up words and I can definitely use it in my classroom I just would like to use it the right way 🙂

• Kristen March 27, 2012 at 12:27 am

It's not a dumb question! I was just going to have my students who need this practice buddy up and read them aloud, taking turns reading the words (that way a struggling student can hear their friend read the words correctly and the friend can help say the words). Thanks for the interest in these!

• Lory March 27, 2012 at 1:52 am

Thank you so much!!
    Lory
    Lory's Page

• Mrs. Coe March 27, 2012 at 2:03 am

Oh my! Great stuff here!

• Edana March 27, 2012 at 9:29 am

Love it- thanks for sharing!!

Color Me Kinder

• Anonymous March 27, 2012 at 11:51 am

These are great! i just love the work you do – don't know how you find the time to get your ideas down so nicely. Thank you for sharing.

Meiriwyn

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram